Rubber

lucwilder42
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rubber

Post by lucwilder42 »

Thanks, and yes that supports what we've seen on our copters, I think we're at our max combo for the best copter we have
I'm just here to build bridges
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL

Post by mrsteven »

For you guys going to nationals to compete: Im going to watch the helicopters and I was wondering when exactly the flights are from (time periods). and if theres a posted schedule of when what teams are going when...
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion
thedoctor
State: NC

Post by thedoctor »

Does anyone know of any place that sells 5/32 in. rubber? We used that for our helicopter at states and it worked quite well I thought, but I can only seem to find 3/32, 1/8, and 3/16 on sites like a2z. If not, is it worth it to buy a rubber stripper?
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by mrsteven »

thedoctor wrote:Does anyone know of any place that sells 5/32 in. rubber? We used that for our helicopter at states and it worked quite well I thought, but I can only seem to find 3/32, 1/8, and 3/16 on sites like a2z. If not, is it worth it to buy a rubber stripper?
do you need them for this year (nationals this weekend) or just in general for in the future?
thedoctor
State: NC

Post by thedoctor »

mrsteven wrote:
thedoctor wrote:Does anyone know of any place that sells 5/32 in. rubber? We used that for our helicopter at states and it worked quite well I thought, but I can only seem to find 3/32, 1/8, and 3/16 on sites like a2z. If not, is it worth it to buy a rubber stripper?
do you need them for this year (nationals this weekend) or just in general for in the future?
For the future, so I'm in no rush.
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by mrsteven »

in that case maybe not a2z corps has it but dig around-- I know I've seen it but I've gone through so many of the rubber supply stores and sites I don't remember what has what anymore but google 5/32 rubber and I'm sure something will come up.

Google is magic
chalker7
State: HI

Post by chalker7 »

If you have the funds, buy a rubber stripper. That way, you can make much finer gradients in your dimensions and you can actually save money by purchasing your rubber in bulk.
National event supervisor - Wright Stuff, Helicopters
Hawaii State Director
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by mrsteven »

Ya but they're pricey so I mean if you have the money go for it, but personally I just buy them.

If you're going through alloot of rubber then the stripper is prob a good idea but if you just use some- like me- it isn't really economical to buy a stripper buying the rubber would be cheaper b/c stripper =180 + rubber to strip while rubber = maybe 10 bucks for a bag that lasts you a good portion of the season
kjhsscioly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by kjhsscioly »

mrsteven wrote:in that case maybe not a2z corps has it but dig around-- I know I've seen it but I've gone through so many of the rubber supply stores and sites I don't remember what has what anymore but google 5/32 rubber and I'm sure something will come up.

Google is magic
Doesn't freedom flight do custom cuts of rubber? I definitely saw it on one of the common sites, maybe turner toys. If you specify dimensions, they strip it for you.

Return to “Helicopters C”