Duration

lucwilder42
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Duration

Post by lucwilder42 »

Congrats on third sj :) Don't worry, I have a feeling somebodies really gunna wreck Ohio next year, and frankly I don't care if it's us or you :)
I'm just here to build bridges
kentuckyfan1001
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: OH

Post by kentuckyfan1001 »

lucwilder42 wrote:Congrats on third sj :) Don't worry, I have a feeling somebodies really gunna wreck Ohio next year, and frankly I don't care if it's us or you :)
Heh, looks like everyone wants to beat Ohio
-JZ Solon '12, Penn '16
2013 Helicopters PA State Supervisor
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL

Post by mrsteven »

Ohio usually has pretty competitive builders so its a good gauge
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion
jarrred_1415
State: OH

Post by jarrred_1415 »

wlsguy wrote:
illusionist wrote:Not sure if anyone remembers, but someone claimed a five minute helicopter..... What happened to that?
It's still possible. Maybe you'll see it next year :)
Definitely
lucwilder42
State: MI

Post by lucwilder42 »

dragonfly wrote:We also did not use a kit (nor ever did at any point through the year), and as 3rd place were less than 10 seconds away from the first place winning time. Hectic check in, but ultimately everything worked out. Congrats to everyone!
What was your time? My partner and I are using our copter for an end of the year physics project so we were doing some last flights and we def beat our nats time by like 28 seconds =/ I'm kinda bummed
I'm just here to build bridges
dragonfly
State: PA

Post by dragonfly »

lucwilder42 wrote:
dragonfly wrote:We also did not use a kit (nor ever did at any point through the year), and as 3rd place were less than 10 seconds away from the first place winning time. Hectic check in, but ultimately everything worked out. Congrats to everyone!
What was your time? My partner and I are using our copter for an end of the year physics project so we were doing some last flights and we def beat our nats time by like 28 seconds =/ I'm kinda bummed
Our flight was a bit over 2:45...though literally the test before we'd peaked over 3 minutes. We've got a long ways to go for next year, however, and plenty of new things to try out. That's a bummer about your better time... but hey, a part of why scioly is so cool is that The Day Of really IS the crucial time to have everything at its best. Hopefully next time it'll work out.
``````( ) ( ) /
------------
``````( ) ( ) \

PA 2009, 1st Bridges : 2010, 1st Bridges, 1st WM : 2011, 1st ED, 3rd Towers, 4th Heli
Nats Augusta 2009, 4th Bridges : Illinois 2010, 3rd Bridges, 9th ED : Wisconsin 2011, 3rd Heli, 5th Towers : Orlando 2012, 2nd ED, 5th Towers
Event Supervisor Balsa, ED

Return to “Helicopters C”