Is this legal?

MLBfreek35
Division: C
State: MA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is this legal?

Post by MLBfreek35 »

I'm having trouble understanding the rules... It seems like nothing can be made out of rigid plastic or metal, but I know I have seen helicopters with metal in more places than the prop hanger. I would really appreciate it if someone could take a look at the pic and tell me what exactly makes my heli illegal. Thanks.Image
chalker7
Division: Grad
State: HI

Re: Is this legal?

Post by chalker7 »

Can we get a little more info? Are you looking for a ruling for a future tournament such as Nationals or next year? If so, submit a question via the official clarification system at soinc.org or have your coach ask a question at the coaches' meeting Friday night. Also, the rules will likely change next year, so what was illegal this year may (or may not) be legal next.

Are you just looking for a clarification about why it was declared illegal at a previous tournament? If so, what tournament was it and what did the event supervisor tell you?
National event supervisor - Wright Stuff, Helicopters
Hawaii State Director
MLBfreek35
Division: C
State: MA
Been thanked: 0

Re: Is this legal?

Post by MLBfreek35 »

Sorry, I guess I got ahead of myself and assumed it was illegal. I just want to know whether this would be allowed for Nationals, and what I need to do to make it legal IF it is illegal

Return to “Helicopters C”