Draylon Fogg
Division: C
State: KS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kansas 2011

Post by Draylon Fogg »

frogger is on the Saint James team
It's always tea time somewhere in the world...... Come to think of it... It's my tea time... :D
Events I participate:
chem lab
forensics
forestry
helicopter
sounds of music
remote sensing
water quality
FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by FullMetalMaple »

purplepeopleeater wrote:and congrats to all from Kansas, though I am sorry for those who didn't exactly get what they practiced for... :( Sounds like it was a good competition though :)
It happens. I studied from a college microbiology book and took sixth in MM. XD But I'm not upset (anymore, at least) because I know I went in knowing more than anyone else did. I just screwed up serial dilutions.

*end off-topic*
Starapollo1
State: IN

Post by Starapollo1 »

FullMetalMaple wrote:
purplepeopleeater wrote:and congrats to all from Kansas, though I am sorry for those who didn't exactly get what they practiced for... :( Sounds like it was a good competition though :)
It happens. I studied from a college microbiology book and took sixth in MM. XD But I'm not upset (anymore, at least) because I know I went in knowing more than anyone else did. I just screwed up serial dilutions.

*end off-topic*
!?

They didn't really have you do serial dilutions did they?!?!!? That seems... silly and trivial... I understand that it relates to micro but still... i've never been asked anything like that...
2009: Protein Modeling (4th) overall 7th
2010: Cell Bio (11), Write it Do it (10), overall 5th
2011: Disease (4), Microbe (10), Protein Modeling (5), Sounds of Music (2), overall 1st, nats 21
2012: Disease (4), Forestry (5), Microbe (-), Protein Modeling (6), Sounds of Music (7), TPS (7) overall 4th
Frogger4907

Post by Frogger4907 »

purplepeopleeater wrote:
Frogger4907 wrote: We go to the GreenHill invitational in Texas, Lasa goes there, They are really good.
Haha, LASA>... :) yup... So you go to green hill?? St. James Academy does as well don't they (something like that)
and EVERY year y'all win the trophy for "GOING THE DISTANCE" :roll: lol....
You do fly right?? I LIVE in Texas and for us thats like a nine ish hour drive... Green hill is really a fun competition, usually the second for Texas and a great way to start the year off. :D :D you guys going next year??? It would be fun to go out of state for an invite :)
sorry this is a little off topic :)
and congrats to all from Kansas, though I am sorry for those who didn't exactly get what they practiced for... :( Sounds like it was a good competition though :)
Yeah we got second behind LASA this past season... and
3slh9 wrote:
Starapollo1 wrote:You should totally mention it to your coach even if it's unlikely! Last year we had roughly 24 schools but we are hoping for some more. It's a fairly competitive invitational and (from our standpoint) it's run fairly well! Here's the site:

http://www.ezwebsite.org/Page.asp?PID=9908

Obviously the chances are slim of you actually getting to go but you never know!! :D
Don't worry, his spastic coach is already looking up transportation options. lol Now the question is will our board of education approve a trip that far away.
I wish we would do another 10 hour invitational trip... but I doubt my coach would...
Ornithology State Champion
Gravity Vehicle State Champion
Thermodynamics State Champion
Remote Sensing State Champion
20 Div C State Medals
Draylon Fogg

Post by Draylon Fogg »

Frogger4907 wrote:I wish we would do another 10 hour invitational trip... but I doubt my coach would...
Maybe ask your coach, im sure he would..
It's always tea time somewhere in the world...... Come to think of it... It's my tea time... :D
Events I participate:
chem lab
forensics
forestry
helicopter
sounds of music
remote sensing
water quality
Frogger4907

Post by Frogger4907 »

Draylon Fogg wrote:
Frogger4907 wrote:I wish we would do another 10 hour invitational trip... but I doubt my coach would...
Maybe ask your coach, im sure he would..
Everyone would have to pay for it individually... Which we already do for Texas :(
Ornithology State Champion
Gravity Vehicle State Champion
Thermodynamics State Champion
Remote Sensing State Champion
20 Div C State Medals
Littleboy
State: MI

Post by Littleboy »

It would still be a good, fun experience.
purplepeopleeater
State: TX

Post by purplepeopleeater »

haha, yeah, why not go full out??? :)
you know, try texas, and some other states! :)
So frogger is on St. James Academy's team?? cool! and the drive is just as long for us as it is for you and we live IN the state! bizzare isn't it.
FullMetalMaple wrote:It happens. I studied from a college microbiology book and took sixth in MM. XD But I'm not upset (anymore, at least) because I know I went in knowing more than anyone else did. I just screwed up serial dilutions.
Which book?? if you don't mind posting it that is... i understand if you dont :) I'm on our MM team for state... and serial dilutions? How many?? like it was said earlier, thats related, but not a huge part.
we took a MM test the other day that was ALLL DNA and Genetics. that was interesting and fun! :)
I don't know if I said this earlier (and im too lazy to look) , but i wish our team traveled out of state for a comp. other than nats, that would be fun :)
No matter what the experiment's result, there will always be someone eager to:(a) misinterpret it(b) fake it, or (c) believe it supports his own pet theory.
2010 Nationals---
  • 3rd Model This, 17th Bio Process Lab, 27th Science Crime Busters
Draylon Fogg

Post by Draylon Fogg »

Events I participate:
chem lab
forensics
forestry
helicopter
sounds of music
remote sensing
water quality
FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by FullMetalMaple »

purplepeopleeater wrote:Which book?? if you don't mind posting it that is... i understand if you dont :) I'm on our MM team for state... and serial dilutions? How many?? like it was said earlier, thats related, but not a huge part.
we took a MM test the other day that was ALLL DNA and Genetics. that was interesting and fun! :)
I don't know if I said this earlier (and im too lazy to look) , but i wish our team traveled out of state for a comp. other than nats, that would be fun :)
I can post it on the MM thread.

You should totally come to my school's invitational or something. I wonder if we'll have it in January or February next year.

Aargh, Fogg, I don't want it to be Friday.

Return to “2011 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”