Michigan 2010-2011

jander14indoor
Has thanked: 0

Re: Michigan 2010-2011

Post by jander14indoor »

winneratlife wrote:Hey Jeff, did you run helicopters at the Clio Invitational? Because one of our teams didn't even build and got 12th :o (not that I'm complaining ;) )
Yes, me. Dang, and we triple checked that. I'm pretty sure we had a score sheet for only teams that flew and they were entered on the final sheet correctly. Did your team have alternates there? Did a participating alternate not place at all? I can think of several places where a mistake might enter. Love to know where I screwed up to prevent it next time. Contact me off list with your team names and I'll check my sheets.

Thanks,

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
Bogoradwee
Division: Grad
State: MI
Been thanked: 0

Post by Bogoradwee »

For those of you that were at the Frankenmuth Invitational, what did you think? I would like some feedback and input about what went well and what didn't so we can make it even better for next year!
Please message me with your thoughts.
Science Olympiad: Guessing and BSing our way to victory!
Btw, if you see me in IRC chat, I'm Exothermic
2009: I don't remember/ not very noteworthy.
2010: See above.
2011: Regionals- 3rd WIDI, 3rd Optics, 3rd Fossils, 3rd overall States- 4th WIDI
KateMorgan
Division: C

Post by KateMorgan »

Does anyone know how to find or build the pre-built model for protein modeling? We can't find any pictures of it or any directions on how to make it. The Klf4 protein model is the one we have to build.
jander14indoor

Post by jander14indoor »

KateMorgan wrote:Does anyone know how to find or build the pre-built model for protein modeling? We can't find any pictures of it or any directions on how to make it. The Klf4 protein model is the one we have to build.
Have you looked at the Protein Modeling presentation given at the Mich Coach's clinic this past December? Available at http://www.michiganso.org/resources.php click on the Protein Modeling link. Lots of info there on how to build Klf4.

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
KateMorgan

Post by KateMorgan »

Thank you so much. That will help us tremendously. Even our chemistry teacher/ science olympiad coach didn't know what to do.
winneratlife
Division: Grad

Post by winneratlife »

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner Jeff, I've had a busy week. I'll shoot you a PM now.

Also, are there anymore invitationals in the state? Because we still seem to have 5 empty weeks before regionals (even though my school wouldn't go if there was one), and I"m just wondering what's up with the dead space.

It also seems to me that Troy High is running rather strong this year, no?
jander14indoor

Post by jander14indoor »

Looks like the last one in Michigan is hosted by Allendale next weekend. You can find the ones we recognize on the state web page under events. http://www.michiganso.org/events.php

Probably not many left because the regionals across the state are in full swing.

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
JustDroobles

Post by JustDroobles »

winneratlife wrote:Also, are there anymore invitationals in the state? Because we still seem to have 5 empty weeks before regionals (even though my school wouldn't go if there was one), and I"m just wondering what's up with the dead space.
I believe there used to be a West Ottawa Invitational in this gap that's coming up... when WOSO didn't host an invitational last year Hastings held a "Science Practice Day" after Frankenmuth too. But with both of those gone now there's just time to prepare for Regionals.
Littleboy

Post by Littleboy »

Anyone who has regionals tomorrow really nervous? I am. Can't wait.
rkoopma2

Post by rkoopma2 »

4 firsts (dd, jyc,mm,ss) 1 2nd (anatomy). the junkyard challenge supervisors were pretty much in awe of our bridge (27'6" or 8382mm), but very disappointed because our team got second to our arch rival school :( . still going to state though ;)
2012 state Events
Anatomy and Physiology: 6
Disease Detectives: 3
Microbe Mission: 21
Protein Modeling: 2

"As government expands, liberty contracts" - Ronald Reagan

Return to “2011 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”