Pennsylvania 2011

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: MD

Re: Pennsylvania 2011

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » March 31st, 2011, 8:23 am

Are you from Central as well? Or just posting results from it even though you're in a different region?
Yes, from Cedar Cliff.
Incidentally, I played Quidditch against Cedar Cliff. Just putting that out there.

So we now have the entire list of teams going to states?
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

kp9ssa
Division: B

Postby kp9ssa » March 31st, 2011, 4:34 pm

Shady Side got 62 points and Quaker Valley had a 100
Last edited by kp9ssa on April 3rd, 2011, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
States

1st- Anatomy
4th- Dynamic Planet
2nd- Water Quality
2nd- Write it Do it

Team Overall: 1st

AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: PA

Postby AlphaTauri » March 31st, 2011, 4:44 pm

You guys did really well at regionals, at the awards ceremony it was seemed like you were medaling in every event. I would think you guys will do really well at states.
Thanks! It didn't seem like it to us though...to us it seemed like Spring Grove was getting all the medals (strangely enough, when I looked at results, it turned out that we actually had one more medal than they did). We all freaked out when they got second, because we thought we did so much worse than them...but maybe that's just our pessimism.
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!

Steveman518

Postby Steveman518 » April 2nd, 2011, 7:46 pm

I'm an 8th grader at Mount Nittany, and I know a few people on this year's high school team, but to my knowledge there aren't any current members on the forum. Mount Nittany and Park Forest both feed into State High, so I'll be there next year or the year after, depending on whether I do B division in 9th grade.
That's cool. Then you'll most likely end up going to Nats eventually. (You should do C division, DEFINITELY)
Nah, there's no way they're going beat Harriton and Penncrest in the near future. Frankly I think I'd have a better chance at going to nats in B division next year because we're going to get some good people, but it's still very unlikely.

EDIT: Also, it's rare that 9th graders make it onto the competing team at the high school.
Back in my day I was the only one on the team that used the forum. It's also not easy to compete as a freshman, unless the team has gotten worse (though they did score higher than they've scored in a while at regionals).
Also, given how other clubs at the high school are run (and scioly), it's very unlikely for state high to return to being a contender at states

Quaker_Valley_Rox
Division: B

Postby Quaker_Valley_Rox » April 5th, 2011, 1:00 pm

I was convinced my team wouldn't win. Then we got 2nd. My one friend was freaking out! It was her first year in S.O. and she got two 1st place medals and one 3rd place.

I, on the other hand, have been in Science Olympiad 2 years (both years my team getting 2nd in regionals) and I have never had a medal. I've been close with three events (5th place) but never actually got one. That ecology test was SO easy but I still got 8th. :oops: Oh well...
~I've been in Science Olympiad two years and I never got a medal! -_-

~2010 Regionals: Events: Ecology=5th, Physical Science Lab=5th; Overall: 2nd; States: Overall: 16th

~2011 Regionals: Events: Ecology=8th, Dynamic Planet=5th; Overall: 2nd; States: (None yet)

lolliexdd

Postby lolliexdd » April 6th, 2011, 1:50 pm

Cool, you're the only other person from Central I've met on here (I'm from Hershey, btw).
This is probably stupid, but what's your mascot? Is it anything related to like Hershey Chocolate? Because I was just at Hershey and everything seemed to be related to the company... lol

Anyway, about 3 weeks till states right? I'm so nervous/excited! >.<
Stroudsburg HS Science Olympiad Graduate!
SUNY- College of Environmental Science and Forestry '17

AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Postby AlphaTauri » April 7th, 2011, 12:30 pm

Cool, you're the only other person from Central I've met on here (I'm from Hershey, btw).
This is probably stupid, but what's your mascot? Is it anything related to like Hershey Chocolate? Because I was just at Hershey and everything seemed to be related to the company... lol

Nah, we're the Trojans...I personally think it's a bit stupid. (I mean, they do know that Troy lost the Trojan War, right?)
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!

lolliexdd

Postby lolliexdd » April 7th, 2011, 1:55 pm

Nah, we're the Trojans...I personally think it's a bit stupid. (I mean, they do know that Troy lost the Trojan War, right?)
Hey, our mascot is a "mountaineer". So basically he's a hunter with a beard, a gun, and a knife. I really question how schools pick their mascots.
Anyway, I would love to have a school mascot be like the hershey chocolate bar or reese's or something.

Who here buys the state t-shirt? Last year I bought one and I got it signed by all my teammates, but I thought it was a really ugly color.. Soo I never wore it.
Stroudsburg HS Science Olympiad Graduate!
SUNY- College of Environmental Science and Forestry '17

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
State: MD

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » April 16th, 2011, 6:08 am

Shady Side got 62 points and Quaker Valley had a 100
Do you have the full results? I've searched everywhere and can't find the results online. Southwest is the only region on the Pennsylvania Wiki missing its results.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

sciolygrl258
Division: C

Postby sciolygrl258 » April 16th, 2011, 12:52 pm

I don't know how to give you all the results because its a PDF but I can give you the top 3 for the wiki

Division B
1st- Shady Side Academy: 50
2nd- Quaker Valley: 100
3rd- Charles Huston: 109

Division C
1st- Shady Side Academy: 129
2nd- Taylor Allerdice: 150
3rd- Peters Township: 161
PA STATES 2012:
Optics: 3rd
Experimental Design: 5th

Team: 1st!!!!! XDD