South California

boomtech
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: South California

Post by boomtech »

Incidentally, I just wanted to comment that the person who thought of the Monty Python bonus question for Sounds of Music is, in my opinion, utterly brilliant.
Former Div B, C competitor; current Div B, C Event Supervisor
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by prelude to death »

Yeah, Muscatel and Troy did really well at Nats! (Didn't they both get 4th in their division?)
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
crazyhorse
Division: B

Post by crazyhorse »

Muscatel did its best. Hope Carmel Valley, Mesa Verde, Black Mountain from San Diego, and Pioneer from the OC saw us representing So Cal. So Cal is so competitive... A big shout out to Marshall for what you accomplished at State

Also, looking back at the history of Southern California's performance at National's (http://scioly.org/wiki/California_(South)), it seems like we've always done pretty well at Nationals.
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

crazyhorse wrote:Also, looking back at the history of Southern California's performance at National's (http://scioly.org/wiki/California_(South)), it seems like we've always done pretty well at Nationals.
I'm proud to be a SoCalian (or whatever we are called....)
crazyhorse wrote:Muscatel did its best. Hope Carmel Valley, Mesa Verde, Black Mountain from San Diego, and Pioneer from the OC saw us representing So Cal. So Cal is so competitive... A big shout out to Marshall for what you accomplished at State
Hey! My school did pretty well, seeing as we made like, a 6+ place jump into 7th this year at State, but I agree that SoCal is pretty competitive... And I'm really impressed at how well Marshall placed at State too!
Insert Name Here

Post by Insert Name Here »

prelude to death wrote:
crazyhorse wrote:Muscatel did its best. Hope Carmel Valley, Mesa Verde, Black Mountain from San Diego, and Pioneer from the OC saw us representing So Cal. So Cal is so competitive... A big shout out to Marshall for what you accomplished at State
Hey! My school did pretty well, seeing as we made like, a 6+ place jump into 7th this year at State, but I agree that SoCal is pretty competitive... And I'm really impressed at how well Marshall placed at State too!
i agree! we should've got more respect! do they not know that we placed 6th at regionals being killed by pioneer who got 1st? do they not know that we ended up getting 7th ONE POINT BEHIND PIONEER AT STATE? (dont get mad at me if the points changed..) prelude to death and i, insert name here are from CERRO VILLA MIDDLE SCHOOL from orange county. we tried our best too, and i'm pretty sure everyone else did too. so good job everyone who actually made it to the STATE round.
I go to school at Cerro Villa MS. A neighboring school of El Rancho Charter, a once dominating science olympiad team. Rebecca Black goes to El Rancho. It's Friday everyday there. :D
Epicfail21

Post by Epicfail21 »

Why are you guys are still raving over state?
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Epicfail21 wrote:Why are you guys are still raving over state?
Meh.... I'm kind of over it now, but I'm not so sure about Insert Name Here. I think he's just raving because he hasn't been on in a while, so he's a little behind. XP
Insert Name Here

yeah well after the state competition, i got kinda angry at remained mad for awhile... but after i got over that huge rage, i just sorta stopped visiting this website. now that i'm on summer break, i found myself wondering upon this website again. i guess i was reminded of that try-hard loss... sorry for my raging
I go to school at Cerro Villa MS. A neighboring school of El Rancho Charter, a once dominating science olympiad team. Rebecca Black goes to El Rancho. It's Friday everyday there. :D
crazyhorse

Post by crazyhorse »

Insert Name Here. Sorry if there was any offense to you and your team. I only mentioned the trophy winners in my post even forgetting Pioneer. I did not list all teams at state.

What Cerro Villa did at State was a great job, a great leap in placement from your Regional. Take your your anger and turn it into a positive thing. In 2007 after we went to Nats in 2006 El Rancho and Carmel Valley blew us away. That was frustrating, and I was angry. We lost again the next year to El Rancho coming in 2nd. Since then we have been lucky and blessed by winning State three times and getting trophies twice at Nats. Anger solves nothing, hard work and determination does.

I look forward to next year and seeing you at States and what you accomplish. I'm an old fart doing this for 10 years now. Focus yourself and you will succeed. And for anyone else who reads this post, your coaches may have years of experience, but you only have 1-3 years of chances to reach your goals and dreams. Chase them and grab them now. Don't wait for the future, because it is already here.

Proud to be be a Muscatel Mustang.
Insert Name Here

crazyhorse wrote:Insert Name Here. Sorry if there was any offense to you and your team. I only mentioned the trophy winners in my post even forgetting Pioneer. I did not list all teams at state.

What Cerro Villa did at State was a great job, a great leap in placement from your Regional. Take your your anger and turn it into a positive thing. In 2007 after we went to Nats in 2006 El Rancho and Carmel Valley blew us away. That was frustrating, and I was angry. We lost again the next year to El Rancho coming in 2nd. Since then we have been lucky and blessed by winning State three times and getting trophies twice at Nats. Anger solves nothing, hard work and determination does.

I look forward to next year and seeing you at States and what you accomplish. I'm an old fart doing this for 10 years now. Focus yourself and you will succeed. And for anyone else who reads this post, your coaches may have years of experience, but you only have 1-3 years of chances to reach your goals and dreams. Chase them and grab them now. Don't wait for the future, because it is already here.

Proud to be be a Muscatel Mustang.
That helped. Thanks. One quick question: How much do you guys usually win by at Regionals? I mean, no offense to all the other State contenders from LA, but I'm just wondering judging by the annihilation you guys show at State. Oh, and if this question has already been answered, please don't rage like I did.

Return to “2011 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”