Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: South California

Post by prelude to death »

Hey, penclspinner.... I didn't see you at the competition... but I did see the announcer at the awards ceremony (but I never got to say hi....) :(

Also, I saw sean9keenan in the Shock Value room. And... Insert Name Here's on my team. And I might have seen cvmsrocksmysocks (something like that), but I probably didn't know it. And I saw awsomtomato (sp.?) too.
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
penclspinner

Post by penclspinner »

prelude to death wrote:Hey, penclspinner.... I didn't see you at the competition... but I did see the announcerat the awards ceremony (but I never got to say hi....)
Yeah I was there. I spent a good chunk of the morning in the gym helping out with Sumo bot. I was the real loud Asian guy. Then I hung out in Anatomy room for a while grading papers.
Insert Name Here wrote:
3rd place in anatomy!!!!

that may not seem like a big deal, but this is my first year so im excitied :D
Congrats! I wrote the Anatomy test. I hope you enjoyed it and my little Disney theme!

EDIT: Scores are up now: http://socalstatescioly.org/?tab=downloads
Congrats everyone!
sean9keenan
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by sean9keenan »

I agree, congratulations everyone!

If anyone has any questions about shock value, wind power, or optics feel free to ask me!
SoCal Event Supervisor. H2S2O for ever. Competed in Builds & Physics events
HAWBBB
Division: B

Post by HAWBBB »

Insert Name Here wrote:
HAWBBB wrote:Does anyone know when the scores will be coming out online ?
What school are you from? I'm from Cerro Villa.
Hawthorne. We didn't place or anything, but I got two medals which I'm pretty happy about :D
Wadhk
Division: Grad

Post by Wadhk »

Yeah, congratulations to everyone!
2014 Events: Entomology, Materials Science, Rocks and Minerals, Scrambler
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

ARGH!!!! My team came in 7th place.... and we lost to 6th place by ONE FRICKIN' POINT!!!!!! :evil:

*sigh* I could have done better in Shock Value. I thought your test was really hard sean9keenan..... And the lab stations were confusing to me (maybe because my partner and I were a little underprepared), but can you explain how you were supposed to do the lab stations? (Should I transfer the last end of this post to the Shock Value thread instead?)
eeldj123

Post by eeldj123 »

sean9keenan wrote:I agree, congratulations everyone!

If anyone has any questions about shock value, wind power, or optics feel free to ask me!
So I'm guessing you wrote the wind power test? I really liked the Wind Power test, which may oppose the viewpoint of other schools.
Insert Name Here

Post by Insert Name Here »

prelude to death wrote:ARGH!!!! My team came in 7th place.... and we lost to 6th place by ONE FRICKIN' POINT!!!!!! :evil:

*sigh* I could have done better in Shock Value. I thought your test was really hard sean9keenan..... And the lab stations were confusing to me (maybe because my partner and I were a little underprepared), but can you explain how you were supposed to do the lab stations? (Should I transfer the last end of this post to the Shock Value thread instead?)
I got really mad the instant I saw the comparison from us (Cerro Villa) to Pioneer. :evil: And don't say it was just shock value. It was everyone. I mean, I'm with Derek (a genius), and we ended up placing 13th in Compute This. I think it was my fault. But anyways, this brings me to my next subject: having the same events at STATE then at regionals. I was talking to someone from Carmel Valley (from san diego area) just before Compute This was about to start and he asked me; "What place did you get in this at regionals?" And then my response was: "We didn't have this event at regionals." His final comment: "Wow, that's messed up. That's a big disadvantage."
I go to school at Cerro Villa MS. A neighboring school of El Rancho Charter, a once dominating science olympiad team. Rebecca Black goes to El Rancho. It's Friday everyday there. :D
Kevinluvzdimsum

Post by Kevinluvzdimsum »

Did any one else think Cant Judge a Powder Division B was somewhat poorly ran?
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Well, I didn't compete in Can't Judge a Powder, but I don't think our team thought it was poorly run. I mean, I was talking with the members who competed in our team (who got 1st! and yeah, I'm slightly bragging about my team here) and they didn't really have any comments except for, "I think we did okay."

Return to “2011 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”