Alabama 2011

soccerisforlosers
Division: B
State: AL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Alabama 2011

Post by soccerisforlosers »

i never claimed every event. now youre making stuff up. we won gold in 11 events.
2011 State:
Towers 1st
Dynamic Planet 1st
Meteorology 2nd
Experimental Design 4th
Awesome Aquifers 1st
Bottle Rocket 5th
Team 1st

2011 Nationals
Meteorology
Dynamic Planet
Road Scholar
thewinner
State: NJ

Post by thewinner »

I think pkthunder was kidding.
I win.
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by aubrey048 »

thewinner wrote:I think pkthunder was kidding.
I don't think he was kidding. :/
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).
pkthunder

Post by pkthunder »

In all seriousness, Randolph is definitely the team to beat in recent years. Auburn High may have been good back when they had a team, but in case you haven't noticed, they don't exist anymore. And I seriously doubt Auburn ever won state 14 times in a row. What years was this, the 80's? Randolph's been state champs 3 of the 4 years I've been on the team, and the one year we didn't make it was when we were 2nd (unfortunately, a low point). Maybe I was being a tad strong in using the term powerhouse, but we have been the favorites for the last several years and will continue to be even after I'm gone. And I totally agree, preparation not required is a BS attitude when it comes to nationals, but it works for Alabama state, when all you need to do is beat out allllll those simply amaaazing teams that Alabama boasts. Which is why Randolph has managed to be in the Alabama top 2 year in and year out but never been able to finish in the top half overall at nationals, simply from waiting until the very last week to start studying. It gets the job done if the goal is solely the privilege of attending nationals. I've never prepared earlier than the night of, and I've still gotten 7 state gold medals, among others, but have barely broken into the national top 20 a few times. That's just how uncompetitive Alabama is. Heck, Randolph lost half its "A" team to spring break this year but we won state nonetheless. That's the only reason LAMP came even close. Anyway, there's a little more than a week left until nationals, so maybe I'll start now and work a little bit harder for my third and final time to hopefully make a top 10 showing. Third time's the charm (now I'm kidding)
soccerisforlosers

by auburn, i meant auburn junior high school in division b. Auburn Junior High has won 14 straight years. look on the wiki. (The name of the school has changed from Samford Middle School to Drake Middle to Auburn Junior high.) And i dont know about division c, but in division b auburn actually has some competition. Our Lady of the Valley got close to beating us this year and they are our rival. oh and we put a lot of time into science olympiad and we spend months preparing for state and nats.

and maybe the reason you havent been able to medal at nats is because you dont start preparing until the night before competition.
2011 State:
Towers 1st
Dynamic Planet 1st
Meteorology 2nd
Experimental Design 4th
Awesome Aquifers 1st
Bottle Rocket 5th
Team 1st

2011 Nationals
Meteorology
Dynamic Planet
Road Scholar
pkthunder

Post by pkthunder »

Wow, very astute observation Detective. Maybe I should start preparing for nats a few days in advance, then I can place, which is exactly what I just wrote. Anyway, I see your team has had some good looks at nationals in the past, with several Top 20 finishes. Congratulations, and good luck this year. You can surely represent Alabama a lot better than we can, what with our utter lack of preparation and dependence on improvisation, natural intelligence, and "winging it." This last part isn't sarcasm; I want you guys to do well, and hopefully I can too if I try harder.
soccerisforlosers

well i hope you do well also.
2011 State:
Towers 1st
Dynamic Planet 1st
Meteorology 2nd