Pennsylvania 2011 Division B Poll

Which teams do you think will make it to Nationals from Pennsylvania this year?

Bala Cynwyd
11%
Strath Haven
37%
Shady Side Academy
29%
JT Lambert
3%
Whitehall Copley
3%
Welsh Valley
3%
Spring Grove
1%
Quaker Valley
5%
Other
8%

Total votes: 93

sciolyscorpio95
Division: B
State: PA

Pennsylvania 2011 Division B Poll

Postby sciolyscorpio95 » March 22nd, 2011, 7:22 am

Here's a poll for who you think will make it to Nationals this year. I included the top 2 teams from each region so far, and the rest were based off of last year's results. For the SE division, I put top 3 since BC and WV tied in their score (BC won the tiebreaker). Good luck to everyone at States!
Last edited by sciolyscorpio95 on April 2nd, 2011, 11:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Regionals 2011: 2nd in Road Scholar, 2nd in Exp. Design, 5th in Solar System
<3 Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and the Hunger Games
<3 Taylor, The Scene, JB, Muse

"I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me <3"
"I've never heard silence quite this loud"

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: MD

Re: Pennsylvania 2011 Division B Poll

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » March 22nd, 2011, 8:03 am

Um, I don't know if you realize, but not all of the regions have competed yet. NW, SW, and C have yet to compete. I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a poll already for states. I'd also put 10 options, so add another school after all of the regionals are done based upon the results.

Finally, Greater Nanticoke is not going to states. They got 12th at regionals. Have you looked at any of the results at all?
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

If you have any questions for me, always feel free to shoot me a PM.

sciolyscorpio95

Postby sciolyscorpio95 » March 22nd, 2011, 8:33 am

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Um, I don't know if you realize, but not all of the regions have competed yet. NW, SW, and C have yet to compete. I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a poll already for states. I'd also put 10 options, so add another school after all of the regionals are done based upon the results.

Finally, Greater Nanticoke is not going to states. They got 12th at regionals. Have you looked at any of the results at all?

Sorry about that, I didn't look at all of the results yet. ANd I was going to put the top 10 teams, but I wanted another category for "Other" so I only included the Top 8 teams from last year. And yes, I know that half the regions haven't competed yet. It's just for people to see other's opinions now, regardless of that.

Sorry though, it was an honest mistake, and I apologize for any confusion there. That's what the Comments section is for, though.
Last edited by sciolyscorpio95 on March 22nd, 2011, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » March 22nd, 2011, 8:36 am

No problem. Just put 9 teams and an "Other" category. What I'd do is do the champions of each of the 6 regions and then choose 3 more teams to fill up the spots. Just a suggestion. :idea:
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

OtherWhiteMeat

Postby OtherWhiteMeat » March 22nd, 2011, 10:41 am

Whatever, I am still going to vote for Bala and Strath, no matter what happens at the other regionals.

Brucester

Postby Brucester » March 22nd, 2011, 11:01 am

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Um, I don't know if you realize, but not all of the regions have competed yet. NW, SW, and C have yet to compete. I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a poll already for states. I'd also put 10 options, so add another school after all of the regionals are done based upon the results.

If you don't like the way it's done, do it yourself. And no, we haven't looked at any of the results of the regionals in PA. Have you looked at the results of the Magsig, Solon, or West-Liberty invitationals? Maybe you should see who's in the top 5 in each one of those :lol: then tell me who's going to Nationals. Back off my team mates. :evil:

Brucester
2011 Nationals:
3rd - Bottle Rockets
7th - Storm the Castle
7th - Towers
22nd - Experimental Design

sciolyscorpio95

Postby sciolyscorpio95 » March 22nd, 2011, 11:03 am

Brucester wrote:

If you don't like the way it's done, do it yourself. And no, we haven't looked at any of the results of the regionals in PA. Have you looked at the results of the Magsig, Solon, or West-Liberty invitationals? Maybe you should see who's in the top 5 in each one of those :lol: then tell me who's going to Nationals. Back off my team mates. :evil:

Brucester

that was a little harsh...but yeah, if you look at invitational results he kinda has a point. still, both the regional scores and invitational scores would matter for this.

sciolygrl258
Division: C

Postby sciolygrl258 » March 22nd, 2011, 11:04 am

sciolyscorpio95 wrote:
Brucester wrote:

Brucester

that was a little harsh...but yeah, if you look at invitational results he kinda has a point. still, both the regional scores and invitational scores would matter for this.

^^ Agreed :)
PA STATES 2012:
Optics: 3rd
Experimental Design: 5th

Team: 1st!!!!! XDD

17 hr bus drive to Orlando? I think yes! ^o^

Brucester

Postby Brucester » March 22nd, 2011, 11:06 am

I don't want to sound arrogant, and I'm not at all. I'm aware that we didn't make it last year, but have some respect for the poll my teammates created. If you want to suggest a change maybe try making it without the sarcasm.

Brucester
2011 Nationals:
3rd - Bottle Rockets
7th - Storm the Castle
7th - Towers

The Architect
State: VT

Postby The Architect » March 22nd, 2011, 2:49 pm

Brucester wrote:I don't want to sound arrogant, and I'm not at all. I'm aware that we didn't make it last year, but have some respect for the poll my teammates created. If you want to suggest a change maybe try making it without the sarcasm.

Brucester

sorry bruce. but where is there any hint of sarcasm in that? and by the way, in my opinion he is respecting our fellow teammates. he/she(sorry, don't know what gender) was just adding some advice for the poll.
Science, yeah!

Made a new team. 7th place at NH states. Officially the champions of Vermont.

2015-2016 Events:
Air Trajectory, It's About Time, EXPD, and WIDI.

sciolyscorpio95

Postby sciolyscorpio95 » March 22nd, 2011, 8:54 pm

The Architect wrote:
Brucester wrote:I don't want to sound arrogant, and I'm not at all. I'm aware that we didn't make it last year, but have some respect for the poll my teammates created. If you want to suggest a change maybe try making it without the sarcasm.

Brucester

sorry bruce. but where is there any hint of sarcasm in that? and by the way, in my opinion he is respecting our fellow teammates. he/she(sorry, don't know what gender) was just adding some advice for the poll.

dont worry about it, its all taken care of. he just made a suggestion that i change the schools in the poll based off of the regionals results that are there so far, and i did!

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EastStroudsburg13 » March 23rd, 2011, 9:47 am

Brucester wrote:If you don't like the way it's done, do it yourself. And no, we haven't looked at any of the results of the regionals in PA. Have you looked at the results of the Magsig, Solon, or West-Liberty invitationals? Maybe you should see who's in the top 5 in each one of those :lol: then tell me who's going to Nationals. Back off my team mates. :evil:

Brucester

Whoa, hold on now. I'm going to respond to each of your little tidbits here.
If you don't like the way it's done, do it yourself.

I can't edit posts by other people, and if I were to make a new poll, it would fill up this forum with extra threads that we don't want. That's why I suggested to sciolyscorpio to make some edits in this poll. Much more constructive than saying "Ha, I made a better poll than you. What now."
And no, we haven't looked at any of the results of the regionals in PA.

Why not? It's a good idea to see how other teams that you will compete against are faring. They're littered all over the PA thread and the wiki, so they're not exactly hard to get to. It's also a good way to decide what teams to put in a poll like this.
Have you looked at the results of the Magsig, Solon, or West-Liberty invitationals? Maybe you should see who's in the top 5 in each one of those :lol: then tell me who's going to Nationals.

The problem with those is that only a few teams from our state go to those. I understand that those teams are probably the most competitive, but it's nice to recognize other teams as well by putting them as options in this poll. If you don't care about them because you don't feel like they're on your level, then fine, but us who really appreciate just getting to states would like to see some recognition from doing well at regionals.
Back off my team mates. :evil:

I respect that you feel strongly about your teammates, but that's no reason to completely bomb someone who's giving them suggestions. If nobody gave constructive criticism in this world not much would get done.

Helpful Links
Wiki
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
BBCode Wiki

Brucester

Postby Brucester » March 23rd, 2011, 1:56 pm

We spent about 10 minutes after lunch one work session posting random comments on here. Taking whatever I said seriously was not the intent. Sorry for the confusion :oops:

Brucester
2011 Nationals:
3rd - Bottle Rockets
7th - Storm the Castle
7th - Towers

gyourkoshaven

Postby gyourkoshaven » March 23rd, 2011, 5:02 pm

Is there any way that you can enable people to change their votes? I don't expect my votes to change, but if somebody comes in and wins their regional with an incredibly low score I'd like to be able to switch. (And maybe set the switching deadline to like the weekend before states)
Strath Haven MS:
2008: Regionals-3, States-5
2009: Regionals-2, States-4
2010: Regionals-1, States-2, Nationals-19 :)
2011 (Co-captain): Regionals-1, States-1, Nationals-11 :D

Nationals: Aquifers-37, Compute This-13, Dynamic Planet-25, Ecology-6, Experimental Design-7, Junkyard-33

Moving to C...

kp9ssa

Postby kp9ssa » March 23rd, 2011, 6:37 pm

im not sure.

ive noticed that Welsh Valley seems to really have improved this year,and I consider them contenders for nationals. Does anyone else think they are contenders
States

1st- Anatomy
4th- Dynamic Planet
2nd- Water Quality
2nd- Write it Do it

Team Overall: 1st

Return to “2011 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”