Pennsylvania 2011 Division B Poll

Which teams do you think will make it to Nationals from Pennsylvania this year?

Bala Cynwyd
11%
Strath Haven
37%
Shady Side Academy
29%
JT Lambert
3%
Whitehall Copley
3%
Welsh Valley
3%
Spring Grove
1%
Quaker Valley
5%
Other
8%

Total votes: 93

sciolyscorpio95
Division: B
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pennsylvania 2011 Division B Poll

Post by sciolyscorpio95 »

Here's a poll for who you think will make it to Nationals this year. I included the top 2 teams from each region so far, and the rest were based off of last year's results. For the SE division, I put top 3 since BC and WV tied in their score (BC won the tiebreaker). Good luck to everyone at States!
Last edited by sciolyscorpio95 on April 2nd, 2011, 11:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Regionals 2011: 2nd in Road Scholar, 2nd in Exp. Design, 5th in Solar System
<3 Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and the Hunger Games
<3 Taylor, The Scene, JB, Muse

"I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me <3"
"I've never heard silence quite this loud"
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Pennsylvania 2011 Division B Poll

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Um, I don't know if you realize, but not all of the regions have competed yet. NW, SW, and C have yet to compete. I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a poll already for states. I'd also put 10 options, so add another school after all of the regionals are done based upon the results.

Finally, Greater Nanticoke is not going to states. They got 12th at regionals. Have you looked at any of the results at all?
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
sciolyscorpio95

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Um, I don't know if you realize, but not all of the regions have competed yet. NW, SW, and C have yet to compete. I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a poll already for states. I'd also put 10 options, so add another school after all of the regionals are done based upon the results.

Finally, Greater Nanticoke is not going to states. They got 12th at regionals. Have you looked at any of the results at all?
Sorry about that, I didn't look at all of the results yet. ANd I was going to put the top 10 teams, but I wanted another category for "Other" so I only included the Top 8 teams from last year. And yes, I know that half the regions haven't competed yet. It's just for people to see other's opinions now, regardless of that.

Sorry though, it was an honest mistake, and I apologize for any confusion there. That's what the Comments section is for, though.
Last edited by sciolyscorpio95 on March 22nd, 2011, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

No problem. Just put 9 teams and an "Other" category. What I'd do is do the champions of each of the 6 regions and then choose 3 more teams to fill up the spots. Just a suggestion. :idea:
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
OtherWhiteMeat

Post by OtherWhiteMeat »

Whatever, I am still going to vote for Bala and Strath, no matter what happens at the other regionals.
Brucester

Post by Brucester »

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Um, I don't know if you realize, but not all of the regions have competed yet. NW, SW, and C have yet to compete. I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a poll already for states. I'd also put 10 options, so add another school after all of the regionals are done based upon the results.

If you don't like the way it's done, do it yourself. And no, we haven't looked at any of the results of the regionals in PA. Have you looked at the results of the Magsig, Solon, or West-Liberty invitationals? Maybe you should see who's in the top 5 in each one of those :lol: then tell me who's going to Nationals. Back off my team mates. :evil:

Brucester
2011 Nationals:
3rd - Bottle Rockets
7th - Storm the Castle
7th - Towers
22nd - Experimental Design
sciolyscorpio95

Brucester wrote:

If you don't like the way it's done, do it yourself. And no, we haven't looked at any of the results of the regionals in PA. Have you looked at the results of the Magsig, Solon, or West-Liberty invitationals? Maybe you should see who's in the top 5 in each one of those :lol: then tell me who's going to Nationals. Back off my team mates. :evil:

Brucester
that was a little harsh...but yeah, if you look at invitational results he kinda has a point. still, both the regional scores and invitational scores would matter for this.

sciolygrl258
Division: C

Post by sciolygrl258 »

sciolyscorpio95 wrote:
Brucester wrote:

Brucester
that was a little harsh...but yeah, if you look at invitational results he kinda has a point. still, both the regional scores and invitational scores would matter for this.
^^ Agreed :)
PA STATES 2012:
Optics: 3rd
Experimental Design: 5th

Team: 1st!!!!! XDD

17 hr bus drive to Orlando? I think yes! ^o^
Brucester

Post by Brucester »

I don't want to sound arrogant, and I'm not at all. I'm aware that we didn't make it last year, but have some respect for the poll my teammates created. If you want to suggest a change maybe try making it without the sarcasm.

Brucester
2011 Nationals:
3rd - Bottle Rockets
7th - Storm the Castle
7th - Towers
22nd - Experimental Design
The Architect
Division: C
State: VT

Post by The Architect »

Brucester wrote:I don't want to sound arrogant, and I'm not at all. I'm aware that we didn't make it last year, but have some respect for the poll my teammates created. If you want to suggest a change maybe try making it without the sarcasm.

Brucester
sorry bruce. but where is there any hint of sarcasm in that? and by the way, in my opinion he is respecting our fellow teammates. he/she(sorry, don't know what gender) was just adding some advice for the poll.
Science, yeah!

Made a new team. 7th place at NH states. Officially the champions of Vermont.

2015-2016 Events:
Air Trajectory, It's About Time, EXPD, and WIDI.

Return to “2011 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”