Post by Press_Tilty »

Who's qualifying for WA?
Zsharma
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Washington 2010

Post by Zsharma »

qualifying what? for state? for nats?

Camas is going to nats for sure this year ;)
2010 placement (CHS tournament, Aviation, Regionals, State)
Physics Lab 1st, 1st, 1st, 9th
It's About Time 1st, 1st, 2nd, N/A
Mission Possible 1st, 1st, 9th, 3rd
GoggleGeek
Division: C

Post by GoggleGeek »

ExCEL HS made it! We had 7 people at regionals, but will have 9 at State. I'm estimating a 14th team placement.

But the big news is that Jason Lee MS was only one point behind ExCEL in B division. The state competition will be really close this year. I don't really care who wins, as long as Washington gets one of the top three at Nationals. Our team is really young this year, anyone know how Canyon park is doing?
Bring back MP!
Aia
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: WA

Post by Aia »

It's wonderful that Excel HS made it! It's especially cool given the small size of your team.

States is really going to be a toss up this year. My bet is Jason Lee or Excel for B division (I'm guessing Excel will have a slight edge over Jason Lee), and Stanwood or Union for C division (Stanwood is my bet). I'm not sure how Bothell HS will fare- they lost 7 strong competitors last year.

Canyon Park has been working really hard- I think they'll finish right behind Excel and Jason Lee. What's interesting about Canyon Park this year is that they have two fairly strong teams- I'm guessing they'll finish 3 and 6 overall.

Best of luck to everyone!
Science Olympiad Alumna and Volunteer
Aia's Boomilever Guide: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Aia%27 ... ever_Guide
GoggleGeek

Post by GoggleGeek »

I suspect that Canyon park will merge their two teams into one superteam, so I wouldn't leave them out. I know that our team has discussed doing that in the past, to give other teams false hopes, only to crush them at state. :twisted:
Bring back MP!
Atarah

Post by Atarah »

Aia wrote:States is really going to be a toss up this year. My bet is Jason Lee or Excel for B division (I'm guessing Excel will have a slight edge over Jason Lee), and Stanwood or Union for C division (Stanwood is my bet). I'm not sure how Bothell HS will fare- they lost 7 strong competitors last year.
I'd say that Union still has another year left before the program gets going at full speed. Camas is definitely favored above them at the moment. They did win the Regional Tournament after all. I would not be surprised if Camas wins it outright this year. My money is on them. ;)
Proudly Retired from SO.
Aia

Post by Aia »

Well, Camas and Union were very close at regionals this year. It appeared that Union had a mishap with their mousetrap vehicle that prevented them from winning... by all means though, Camas is a very serious contender. I like the Camas team spirit and the lab coats. : )

I do feel that Stanwood, Union, Camas, Bothell, and Lakeside will take 1 through 5 overall at state. I just haven't any idea of the order.

Hey Atarah, if I may ask, what school are you from? I'm betting it's Camas. : P
GoggleGeek

Post by GoggleGeek »

I'm rooting for Union. Because their coach, who used to coach Prarie HS, is my uncle.

From what I've heard, the Union students weren't even thinking about going to Nationals, but once they realized how close they were they got pretty excited. So they will probably be a lot better than they were at Regionals.
Bring back MP!
Atarah

Post by Atarah »

Aia wrote:Hey Atarah, if I may ask, what school are you from? I'm betting it's Camas. : P
That's right, Aia. It's definitely going to be close this year. Can't reveal too much, but you can bet that whoever comes out on top this year is going to do very well at Nationals.

May the best team win. We'll know by Saturday evening...
Last edited by Atarah on April 11th, 2010, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proudly Retired from SO.
Aia

Post by Aia »

Hey GoggleGeek, if you happen to hear the top Elevated Bridge scores from Saturday (C division), would you mind posting? Thanks!

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”