Mousetrap Vehicle C

r00ki316
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mousetrap Vehicle C

Post by r00ki316 »

Nice going kuo-kai. That ranking doesn't fit the others in your sig.
But seriously, see you at Nationals. Hope you'll have time to say hi to some of your old WI buds. How's Re-I doing? It'd be a kick to much of the team to see Re-I and Junyao at Nats.
Oh btw, their vehicle is capable of 13s and <3cm, the one that an angry parent wrongfully took possession of after her son didn't make the National team. So we'll see what they can come up with for Nats.

Figured out who I am yet? I must be some crazy college student who knew you back in your mathcounts days if I'm up at this crazy hour.
wexs883198215
Division: C
State: MD

Post by wexs883198215 »

r00ki316 wrote:Nice going kuo-kai. That ranking doesn't fit the others in your sig.
But seriously, see you at Nationals. Hope you'll have time to say hi to some of your old WI buds. How's Re-I doing? It'd be a kick to much of the team to see Re-I and Junyao at Nats.
Oh btw, their vehicle is capable of 13s and <3cm, the one that an angry parent wrongfully took possession of after her son didn't make the National team. So we'll see what they can come up with for Nats.

Figured out who I am yet? I must be some crazy college student who knew you back in your mathcounts days if I'm up at this crazy hour.
Everyone that I knew in mathcounts was fairly crazy XP. I wasn't part of the mousetrap fiasco, so it's not going in my signature. Anyway, what I meant when I said that the 11 point swing did not matter was that we lost anyway =_=".
Kuo-Kai
Walter Johnson HS '11

States:
2011 - 4n6 (1st), Fossils (1st), RemSensing (2nd), TPS (1st)
2010 - DynPlanet (1st), 4n6 (1st), Fossils (1st), Compubots (1st)
2009 - Chem Lab (3rd), 4n6 (2nd), Fossils (2nd), PicThis (3rd), WiDi (3rd)
2008 - Fermi Qs (1st), 4n6 (1st), RemSensing (1st)
winneratlife
State: MI

Post by winneratlife »

wexs883198215 wrote:Everyone that I knew in mathcounts was fairly crazy XP.
I'm offended. Oh wait...you didn't know me! :D

So, do you guys think that ceramic tile as a testing spot is too slippery? I'm beginning to think so...

My distance varies between...oh, say... 25-300! On the same car...

If it is, I need to find a new spot before thursday :o
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

winneratlife wrote: So, do you guys think that ceramic tile as a testing spot is too slippery? I'm beginning to think so...
I think it can be, different event but I know when I did scrambler most of our testing was done on tile floor because the gym was always being used and we would lose significant amounts of distance every time we tried the gym floor.
packer-backer91

Post by packer-backer91 »

fmtiger124 wrote:
winneratlife wrote: So, do you guys think that ceramic tile as a testing spot is too slippery? I'm beginning to think so...
I think it can be, different event but I know when I did scrambler most of our testing was done on tile floor because the gym was always being used and we would lose significant amounts of distance every time we tried the gym floor.
I practice on the slipperiest floor I can, its convent to practice in my coaches basement on sealed cement its pretty slippery stuff to be on, I think more than ceramic tile. My vehicle does not slide [my brakes are very strong/effective] I don't want to give away how my braking system works. I used the same brakes on scrambler but that is different than this event [my scrambler had too much power to break so fast it would break the wheels in the process].
Favorite Events: Experimental Design, Scrambler, Mousetrap Vehicle
Thanks Science Olympiad for the 6 Great Years!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
r00ki316

Post by r00ki316 »

wexs883198215 wrote:Everyone that I knew in mathcounts was fairly crazy XP. I wasn't part of the mousetrap fiasco, so it's not going in my signature. Anyway, what I meant when I said that the 11 point swing did not matter was that we lost anyway =_=".
That's too bad. If Re-I or Junyao want to go to nationals however, West may have room for them on the trip.
And I bet you still don't know who I am. Let's just say I'm going as coach for natinoal mathcounts and national science olympiad for hamilton and west.
masterhat
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by masterhat »

What kind of scores are people getting (with the national score rubric)?

my partner and I got around 50 points
Balsa Man
Coach
Coach
State: CO

Post by Balsa Man »

masterhat wrote:What kind of scores are people getting (with the national score rubric)?

With Nationals at 4 points per second (vs 2 at State), 57. As I noted earlier, our guys didn't offset their start position to bring it back to the center of the S/F line; if they'd done that, 34
Len Joeris
Fort Collins, CO
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

Balsa Man wrote:
masterhat wrote:What kind of scores are people getting (with the national score rubric)?

With Nationals at 4 points per second (vs 2 at State), 57. As I noted earlier, our guys didn't offset their start position to bring it back to the center of the S/F line; if they'd done that, 34
If your score would be 34 with 0 distances...your speed is 13.5? That's beast.
Balsa Man
Coach
Coach
State: CO

Post by Balsa Man »

Yeah, just over 13. Its quick. Small wheels.
Len Joeris
Fort Collins, CO

Return to “2010 Build Events”