Pennsylvania 2010

ichaelm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pennsylvania 2010

Post by ichaelm »

Hi I'm from BC and I usually don't post here because I'm afraid that other teams might use my posts to scrutinize us, but I don't think I really have to worry about that right now :D That was like the best day of my life!!! And throughout the day I kept hearing about all the events that Strath Haven and Shady Side had done so well on, and I thought we didn't really have a chance! Wow. That was a really hard competition though, guys. Strath Haven beat me in 3 of the events I competed in, and Shady side beat me in 2! You are all really amazing olympians! And to Shady Side, I'm not going to be at BC next year, and I hope you guys can come back even better and stronger than yesterday, and challenge my team again :) . And Strath Haven, this is a first for both of us!!! I'm as proud of you as I am of my own team. So let's kick some butterfly together at nationals!!! PENNSYLVANIA!!! :D
nejanimb
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by nejanimb »

Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:We know that it was by one point, because when our coach went up to grab the trophy, she perchance glanced at the scoresheet.
That is a crazy close margin. Every little thing counts!

I believe scores for C division were:

Harriton 76
Penncrest 118
Rustin 183

No idea beyond that, nor do I know if those are for sure correct.
LMslug wrote:Also interesting to note both Harriton and BC are in the same district.
LMSD represent! With all four of our teams in the top 8, I'd say that's pretty sweet.
Harriton '10, UVA '14
Event Supervisor in MA (prev. VA and NorCal)
Helix_Nebula_Freak
Division: C

Post by Helix_Nebula_Freak »

Yeah I'm pretty proud of Strath Haven and Bala too, almost as much as my own team. :) There are no hard feelings.

This is my last year of B Division Science Olympiad, and though I'm probably gonna return for C, I just wanted to take this time to thank everyone who made the experience what it was for me, including my rivals, namely Bala, Strath Haven, Sewickly, if there's any of you left on the forum. :D
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May
eta150

Post by eta150 »

Thank you, too. Shady Side has been, undoubtedly, our greatest rival in my time at BC (maybe because Sewickly was so untouchable :roll: ). I'm glad that I got to meet a lot of you in my time at B division Bala Cynwyd, and I'm sure your great program will come back next year as strong as ever.
Also, congratulations again to Strath Haven on their first ever nationals qualification. I can't wait to see you all there.
#ACESWILD
googlyfrog

Post by googlyfrog »

Congrats Bala! You guys were amazing, good job! See you at Nats!
sciolygrl258

Post by sciolygrl258 »

Congrats to Bala and Strath. You guys did really well. Good luck at nationals! Represent PA well :D
PA STATES 2012:
Optics: 3rd
Experimental Design: 5th

Team: 1st!!!!! XDD

17 hr bus drive to Orlando? I think yes! ^o^
frogzorz

Post by frogzorz »

thanks everyone for your support.
strath haven: BC <333 you. just know that. also i don't think i got anyone's sciolies at states yesterday xP
shady side: you guys did AWESOME. and i mean it. and Helix_Nebula_Freak:
Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:Yeah I'm pretty proud of Strath Haven and Bala too, almost as much as my own team. :) There are no hard feelings.

This is my last year of B Division Science Olympiad, and though I'm probably gonna return for C, I just wanted to take this time to thank everyone who made the experience what it was for me, including my rivals, namely Bala, Strath Haven, Sewickly, if there's any of you left on the forum. :D
i hope to find you at states next year when you compete for C division!
Harriton '15, Penn C'19
Design Manager and Disease Detectives co-supervisor for SOUP 2018
teppy2
Division: B

Post by teppy2 »

I'm a really sore loser and I recognize that since Shady Side is a private school, we don't have that many kids willing to do science olympiad. Since our school is located in Pittsburgh's rich district (where i don't live), many kids there are just stuck up filthy rich/stupid kids who are too rich to do things. The new kids coming next year are mostly useless and we probably won't be nearly as good next year because our 9th graders just left.
2010:
Fossils: 2nd
Birds: 4th
Team: 3rd

Fossils:1st,4th
Birds:1st,4th
Ecology:NA, idk
Team:1st, 2nd
Helix_Nebula_Freak

Thanks, frozorz! Have fun at Nats! And I hope to see you too!!!! :)
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May
Helix_Nebula_Freak

teppy2 wrote:I'm a really sore loser and I recognize that since Shady Side is a private school, we don't have that many kids willing to do science olympiad. Since our school is located in Pittsburgh's rich district (where i don't live), many kids there are just stuck up filthy rich/stupid kids who are too rich to do things. The new kids coming next year are mostly useless and we probably won't be nearly as good next year because our 9th graders just left.
Aw Teppy!!!! Don't say that!!!! You'll have a bomb team next year!!!!! So many genious Jr. School kids are coming in as 6th graders. A bunch of our little siblings (mine included... My brother's much smarter than me...) are gonna be there next year, and they're all gonna do it. And, honestly, I don't think you give our school enough credit. Yes, some of them are stuck up and snobby, but many of them just aren't academic or into science, and that's okay. The only ones I can't stand are the ones that make fun of us. :x

Return to “2010 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”