winneratlife
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mousetrap Vehicle C

Post by winneratlife »

BUTTERFLY!!!!!!!
wexs883198215 wrote:What happens if a team forgets to go to impound for Mousetrap Vehicle but still has a device? Do you get Tier 2-ed? Tier 3-ed? No-showed? Disqualified?
I DID THAT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
sean9keenan
State: PA

Post by sean9keenan »

winneratlife wrote:BUTTERFLY!!!!!!!
wexs883198215 wrote:What happens if a team forgets to go to impound for Mousetrap Vehicle but still has a device? Do you get Tier 2-ed? Tier 3-ed? No-showed? Disqualified?
I DID THAT! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Any idea what scores people got in mousetrap from michigan?
SoCal Event Supervisor. H2S2O for ever. Competed in Builds & Physics events
packer-backer91

Post by packer-backer91 »

sean9keenan wrote:
What I can tell you is that I got 4th with 18.51 points [~18seconds, 1cm to Right] and Grand Haven and West Ottawa who both beat me had GREAT SCORES. This makes my State much better then most in the event, New York the winner score was 27 and 18 in MI is only good enough for 4th. I don’t know for sure but my guess there scores where under 10 for sure. I'm very disappointed to how my vehicle ended up this year the theoretical time I should have gotten was under 11 seconds but the best I ever got was 16 seconds, then something changed and the time became 18.
Favorite Events: Experimental Design, Scrambler, Mousetrap Vehicle
Thanks Science Olympiad for the 6 Great Years!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ― Dr. Seuss
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

packer-backer91 wrote:
sean9keenan wrote:
What I can tell you is that I got 4th with 18.51 points [~18seconds, 1cm to Right] and Grand Haven and West Ottawa who both beat me had GREAT SCORES. This makes my State much better then most in the event, New York the winner score was 27 and 18 in MI is only good enough for 4th. I don’t know for sure but my guess there scores where under 10 for sure. I'm very disappointed to how my vehicle ended up this year the theoretical time I should have gotten was under 11 seconds but the best I ever got was 16 seconds, then something changed and the time became 18.
Meh. With a bit of luck and some pro adjusting, I could've got that :(

Anyways, good job on medaling. And yes, West Ottawa had a score of like 3 at Clio, I believe. That was without double time points though. I'm estimating that by now though, they would still have <5.
packer-backer91

I went to the region 12 comp and West Ottawa's score was 3.3 [they got first]. Grand Haven had too miss ups so I think they got 3rd or 4th. I don’t know if West Ottawa's time got a lot faster than when I seen it because they had almost the identical time as what I had. I still want to know what the difference between 1-6 was, I know that the team that came in 5th was at least 3 second faster than mine but my vehicle stopped ok thus the only reason why I got a medal. I knew I would get one it was what place it was, I was hoping for 3rd but I know the number three team had a time of about 13.5 seconds and was about 8 off. Winneratlife what was your time anyway?

Also I have always wondered if anyone has ever noticed at your compactions [any build it] that if a run goes "bad" and still is better than 90% of the teams if the judges think you where showing off or something. For the last 3 years I have been disappointed with the results on at least one run at state. This year will be the most remember able to me after my vehicle stopped 2.2cm away from dead center I said how bad of a run that was and the people that heard it just looked at me a little confused, "that was a bad run". I don’t want to act like my vehicles are superior to everyone but even my coach at practice sometimes said that anything under 3cm is really good for mousetrap, to me I went for under 1cm. What has been the closes that people have stopped to the finish line? At Nat’s I bet that top 6 will all be under 5cm's away with times of 13 and under.
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

packer-backer91 wrote:I went to the region 12 comp and West Ottawa's score was 3.3 [they got first]. Grand Haven had too miss ups so I think they got 3rd or 4th. I don’t know if West Ottawa's time got a lot faster than when I seen it because they had almost the identical time as what I had. I still want to know what the difference between 1-6 was, I know that the team that came in 5th was at least 3 second faster than mine but my vehicle stopped ok thus the only reason why I got a medal. I knew I would get one it was what place it was, I was hoping for 3rd but I know the number three team had a time of about 13.5 seconds and was about 8 off. Winneratlife what was your time anyway?

Also I have always wondered if anyone has ever noticed at your compactions [any build it] that if a run goes "bad" and still is better than 90% of the teams if the judges think you where showing off or something. For the last 3 years I have been disappointed with the results on at least one run at state. This year will be the most remember able to me after my vehicle stopped 2.2cm away from dead center I said how bad of a run that was and the people that heard it just looked at me a little confused, "that was a bad run". I don’t want to act like my vehicles are superior to everyone but even my coach at practice sometimes said that anything under 3cm is really good for mousetrap, to me I went for under 1cm. What has been the closes that people have stopped to the finish line? At Nat’s I bet that top 6 will all be under 5cm's away with times of 13 and under.
I'd be offended if anybody got <3 and said "that was bad"... cuz I didn't impound.

At Nats, I don't think <5 is as big a deal. < 10 will cut it easily with an <10 time. Accuracy is actually much easier than speed.
sean9keenan
State: PA

Post by sean9keenan »

Any thoughts on the scores that we'll be seeing at nationals?

I think that you'll need sub 40 to break the top 6, at the very least.

Any thoughts from anyone else out there?
SoCal Event Supervisor. H2S2O for ever. Competed in Builds & Physics events
packer-backer91

sean9keenan wrote:Any thoughts on the scores that we'll be seeing at nationals?

I think that ~40 will be top 10, with mid 20's winning the event. I know there are at least 3 vehicles that have been under 12 seconds, two of which I know are going to Nat's. That’s just the two I know for sure from post on this page and visually seeing this event. What I think is going to happen is there will be a group of teams that have all around 14seconds with the distance going to win it. I don’t want to give away the scores of Grand Haven or WOSO even though I have them; it’s not fair to the two teams to give away their stats without their permission. I bet there will be a lot of teams that have vehicles like mine with ~18 second times. To get a medal I think you will have to be at around 14seconds or under to be in the top 6 and stop reasonable close.
winneratlife

Post by winneratlife »

So sean, how did you do at nats?

And does anyone have the results score-wise?
penclspinner

Post by penclspinner »

winneratlife wrote:

So sean, how did you do at nats?

And does anyone have the results score-wise?
Solon had a real fast vehicle, I think they won.

I think that the best teams had either sub 11 second runs or were under 2 cm accuracy.

Return to “2010 Build Events”