Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
FueL
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CTY 2010

Post by FueL »

soobsession wrote: That's nice. Is it indoors or outdoors or outdoors only? (Unless it's raining). And I do suppose there will be glowstringing and all that good stuff right? No CTY dance is complete without glowstringing/raving and American Pie :mrgreen: .
Outdoors only. Oh yes, glowsticks. In one of the dances last year, a onemore literally covered himself with glowsticks of all kinds of shapes and sizes. He had this huge necklace of them, and some kind of strange outfit with glowsticks going all up his arms to match. :D There much have been like a hundred of them.
ornithology, forestry, entomology, triple E, green generation, water quality, dynamic planet (lakes & rivers), awesome aquifers, meteorology, robot arm, write it do it. :)
A cone of depression occurs when you drop your scoop of ice cream on the ground on a hot summer day.
soobsession

Post by soobsession »

FueL wrote:
soobsession wrote: That's nice. Is it indoors or outdoors or outdoors only? (Unless it's raining). And I do suppose there will be glowstringing and all that good stuff right? No CTY dance is complete without glowstringing/raving and American Pie :mrgreen: .
Outdoors only. Oh yes, glowsticks. In one of the dances last year, a onemore literally covered himself with glowsticks of all kinds of shapes and sizes. He had this huge necklace of them, and some kind of strange outfit with glowsticks going all up his arms to match. :D There much have been like a hundred of them.
Nice. Everyone got glowstring bracelet things from a nevermore last year and everytime Sandstorm or Everytime We Touch came on, it was a race to get a front row view of the glowstickers. :D

I'm a twomore and a flying squirrel :mrgreen: The twomore part kind of makes me sad though. :?

How true is it that Lancaster is very easy to get lost in?

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

FueL
State: NY

Post by FueL »

Did your session have the glowstick performers who did stunts with the glowsticks on string? There were a bunch of guys who did it during James Brown is Dead and it was amazing to watch.

I'm a Five-Year Freak, so I have four years left, including this summer. ;)

Hm, I dunno about that. I never got lost there, though once HappySciencePie and I were separated from our class and arrived 20 minutes late. XD
ornithology, forestry, entomology, triple E, green generation, water quality, dynamic planet (lakes & rivers), awesome aquifers, meteorology, robot arm, write it do it. :)
A cone of depression occurs when you drop your scoop of ice cream on the ground on a hot summer day.
soobsession

Post by soobsession »

FueL wrote:Did your session have the glowstick performers who did stunts with the glowsticks on string? There were a bunch of guys who did it during James Brown is Dead and it was amazing to watch.

I'm a Five-Year Freak, so I have four years left, including this summer. ;)

Hm, I dunno about that. I never got lost there, though once HappySciencePie and I were separated from our class and arrived 20 minutes late. XD
Five-year Freak? So am I! Or I will be...I thought you were only called a Five-year Freak on your fifth year. Actually, does that count Baby CTY? Or else I would have only been there for four years and four years aren't really called anything. I only have three summers left though, including this year. :cry:

Yeah, we called in glowstringing or string raving or whatever. It was pretty sick. We had a group of nevermores (all in the same hall, I believe) just... glowstring. Of course, there was always the odd moment when the strings would get all tangled up, but it was still really cool to watch.

soobsession

Post by soobsession »

WHO'S PSYCHED FOR SUNDAY????????
I can't wait. But it's supposed to rain on Sunday. :(

soobsession

Post by soobsession »

That was insane. It was without a doubt, my favorite of my three years. I'll miss everyone so so so so much! It was SWEEEEEEET meeting you guys HappySciencePie and FueL! :mrgreen: :D I guess I'll just be glad it happened and not sad it's over. Though PCTYD is extremely hard to avoid. :(

Return to “General Chat”