Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Exalted Members

Post by paleonaps »

I have a few questions about Exalted Members.
How do you become one? I know it has to do with wiki editing and gallery posting, but I would like further elaboration.
How are medals assigned? (Like, do you have to double whatever you did to become one to get another medal?)
Do they have any powers in the forum greater than regular members?
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: PA

Re: Exalted Members

Post by AlphaTauri »

Basically to become an exalted member, all you have to do is either: a) dump a whole bunch of pictures on the image gallery (what I did) or b) dump all your notes onto the wiki (you practically have to write a whole wiki page).

I don't think you have any extra powers, other than being known as someone who contributed a lot of useful stuff.
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

I basically have- I made a muscle picture page, with a bunch of links to pictures. I don't know if that counts though because it wasn't on the main anatomy page.
I am not done yet, but will be soon.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
brobo
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: TX

Post by brobo »

Rules of exalted members:
A) Contribute a lot.
B) A picture is worth a thousand words. Therefore, you could argue that uploading pictures to the image gallery is an easier way to get medals. I think most exalted members got their medals that way. Remember that you have to upload the pictures to the image gallery, not the wiki. Wiki pictures don't count.
C) There is no set number of things you need to do to get x amount of medals. Its more based on quality of stuff you do, and what type of mood the admin/mod is in at the time.
D) Getting exalted does nothing but give you a shiny medal under your username. Nothing else.
E) If you ask for a medal, you don't get one, and
F) If you get a medal and make a big deal of it, you get into trouble.

Luckily, I have never seen rule E and F in action, but thats what I've heard. Also people have gotten into trouble for changing their avatar to the medals, but use some common sense and don't do it.
Image--Texas!

brobo's Userpage

"Let's put all our differences behind us, for science. You monster."

Ubuntu is awesome.
amerikestrel
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by amerikestrel »

robodude wrote:D) Getting exalted does nothing but give you a shiny medal under your username. Nothing else.
gh wrote:Well, Exalted User does have some kind of extra forum powers, but I can't remember what they were (think it had to do with edits, dunno).
:?:
Not competing in the 2011-12 season.
2011 B division PA State Ornithology and Fossils champ!
Medal count: 14
starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: ME

Post by starpug »

Exalted members are members who have made significant contributions to scioly, be it in the wiki, image gallery, or in coding stuff for the site (tehkubix is the one who coded the score tracker and that is where he got his third exalted medal from)

There is no magic number of helpful edits to the the wiki or pictures added to the gallery that will get you a medal. Simply, if you want a medal you should simply be as helpful as you can around the site, upload detailed pictures of your devices and contribute to the wiki (we could use some new pages for the new events for this coming year). If you don't get a medal even though you've practically provided blue prints for your building devices and put together a list of all the birds on the nationals list on the wiki with pictures, and you still don't receive a medal, be patient, begging will ensure you don't get a medal. If you just wait quietly and keep contributing you will be noticed soon enough and receive the recognition you deserve.

/ChannelingDarkSabre
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
brobo
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by brobo »

amerikestrel wrote:
robodude wrote:D) Getting exalted does nothing but give you a shiny medal under your username. Nothing else.
gh wrote:Well, Exalted User does have some kind of extra forum powers, but I can't remember what they were (think it had to do with edits, dunno).
:?:
Nope, exalted members don't have any powers at all, unless its super secret and very well hidden. I don't know of any new powers, so you'll have to ask gh.
Image--Texas!

brobo's Userpage

Ubuntu is awesome.
gh
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by gh »

See that? Contradicting me again.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” —Sophocles
If you are looking to give help or get help:
[wiki][/wiki] > Forum post > > PM > Email
Don't forget the Image Gallery, the , and the list of Exalted User medals.
brobo
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by brobo »

Whats the super power that exalted members get then? I never noticed anything new... :?
Image--Texas!

brobo's Userpage

Ubuntu is awesome.
Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: KY

Post by Dark Sabre »

starpug wrote:Exalted members are members who have made significant contributions to scioly, be it in the wiki, image gallery, or in coding stuff for the site (tehkubix is the one who coded the score tracker and that is where he got his third exalted medal from)

There is no magic number of helpful edits to the the wiki or pictures added to the gallery that will get you a medal. Simply, if you want a medal you should simply be as helpful as you can around the site, upload detailed pictures of your devices and contribute to the wiki (we could use some new pages for the new events for this coming year). If you don't get a medal even though you've practically provided blue prints for your building devices and put together a list of all the birds on the nationals list on the wiki with pictures, and you still don't receive a medal, be patient, begging will ensure you don't get a medal. If you just wait quietly and keep contributing you will be noticed soon enough and receive the recognition you deserve.

/ChannelingDarkSabre
Yep.

There is a list of like 6 or 7 people who will probably be getting one and it just hasn't happened yet. Don't ask if you are on it ;)

Exalteds may or may not have a few random privs. I think there was a time when they didn't have a flood limit and everyone else did, stuff like that. There are no "powers" associated with the rank...anyone with powers automatically graduates to some other rank and loses exalted/medals.

Return to “Feedback”