lllazar
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nationals Swap Meet 2011!

Post by lllazar »

starpug wrote:
If you wish I could find you numerous occasions of the long reigning scioly regime being toppled.
I never said these regimes don't come to an end, all i said was that these generally long lasting reigns (5+ years) are good ways to predict who will go to nats. I don't have a crystal ball, but are you telling me that ^that^ doesn't make sense?
2011 Season Events~

Fossils (Regionals ~1st) (State ~6th)
Towers (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd)
Helicopter (Regionals -3rd gahhh) (State ~5th)
Wind Power (Regionals ~1st) (State ~3rd TIERED!)

Hooray for getting everything i wanted?
personasaurus rex
State: NY

Post by personasaurus rex »

paleonaps wrote:
lllazar wrote:
zyzzyva98 wrote:Yes, let's. If there's one thing I hate about Science Olympiad, it's teams that are so confident that they're going to go to nationals in September. Once you get past states, then I think it's the perfect time to start planning for nationals- if you get there.
I don't know about other states but in Illinois, New Trier gets first every year...for the past 8 years. And on the off chance that they get 2nd, theyre still going to nats....and Illinois is actually competitive, not so much as NY, but even there, i'm pretty sure FM gets 1st/2nd every year...

I'm not saying your wrong, i just wanted to point out that for some teams (like FM) its Nationals or...http://www.epicfail.com/images/darth-va ... c-fail.jpg followed by http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-conte ... star-7.jpg.
FM has gotten first every year for something like ten years. However, their reign may soon fall.
OH MY GOODNESS. am i really seeing someone challenge the reign of fayetville-manlius?! haha where are you from?
2012: Forensics, Dynamic Planet, Sounds of Music, Water Quality, Write It Do It
starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: ME

Post by starpug »

Pretty sure Naps goes to WM.

And Illazar, that makes sense, but the fact that the regimes could end at basically any time makes this thread pretty useless for the time being.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
gpallen

Post by gpallen »

starpug wrote:Pretty sure Naps goes to WM.

And Illazar, that makes sense, but the fact that the regimes could end at basically any time makes this thread pretty useless for the time being.
Oh my God is WM that good this year?
RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN

Post by RandomPerson »

paleonaps wrote: FM has gotten first every year for something like ten years. However, their reign may soon fall.
I certainly admire your optimism, but just by patterns, if you wanted a year where FM was weak, that was last year. Now their team will be a majority in juniors as opposed to sophomores. Still that doesn't mean you can't beat them, but they won't be a pushover.
And to clarify I think FM has a 11 year record for first (pretty sure on that). The year before that they got 2nd, and they hadn't gone to nationals before that 2nd place.
A new era has begun
fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 »

RandomPerson52 wrote:
paleonaps wrote: FM has gotten first every year for something like ten years. However, their reign may soon fall.
I certainly admire your optimism, but just by patterns, if you wanted a year where FM was weak, that was last year. Now their team will be a majority in juniors as opposed to sophomores. Still that doesn't mean you can't beat them, but they won't be a pushover.
And to clarify I think FM has a 11 year record for first (pretty sure on that). The year before that they got 2nd, and they hadn't gone to nationals before that 2nd place.
A quick wiki check shows that it's an 8 year reign on first and they'd gone to nats 4 years before that placing better at nats than the team that won NY states 3/4 times (by contrast the 2nd place team has only beaten F-M at nats once....by one place in the first year that F-M got first)
RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by RandomPerson »

fmtiger124 wrote: A quick wiki check shows that it's an 8 year reign on first and they'd gone to nats 4 years before that placing better at nats than the team that won NY states 3/4 times (by contrast the 2nd place team has only beaten F-M at nats once....by one place in the first year that F-M got first)
I'm almost positive its around 11... I shalt have to check this later.
A new era has begun
Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: KY

Re: My team is better than your team, teehee

Post by Dark Sabre »

You can make a new swap meet thread when there's swap meet talk to be done.
RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by RandomPerson »

Dark Sabre wrote:You can make a new swap meet thread when there's swap meet talk to be done.
The title is quite amusing.

(sorry for being part of the force that derailed the thread from the topic).
A new era has begun
quizbowl

Post by quizbowl »

unfortunately, this is true at states. thanks F-M.
if you didn't know, at my school, we call things that we hate f-mish
2010: 5th in NYS
2011: 4th in NYS
2012: 3rd in NYS
<quizbowl> ey kid ya want some shortbread
<EASTstroudsburg13> I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to delete this post.

Return to “2011 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”