Weird things that have happened at your school?

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
12thomasal
Division: C
State: NC
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Weird things that have happened at your school?

Post by 12thomasal »

kick a jew day probably has nothing to do with nazis but more to do with an attention seeking ahole.

My story: probably a kid who killed his parents on prom night which happened to be the day before his parents were going to some remote island via one of their private planes, out of contact with the whole world. he stayed in a hotel and went to school for about a month with the corpses still rotting in the basement. They finally found the parents when a robber broke into the house and set off an alarm.

The funny thing was that the parents kept guns all over the house because they felt that they were more protected by their presence
rockernerdzgurl
Division: B
State: NY

Post by rockernerdzgurl »

Wow Kick a Jew day...at my school we had hug a jew day... :D hehehehe. Erm wierddd teacherz and in Elementary School the fire alarm went off because a bird flew into it and died lol yeah. These are verrry interesting! *sarcasm*
If you were to bite a rainbow llama would it taste like skittles? I think so.

Regionals:
2nd Crime Busters
4th Microbe Mission
6th Solar System
Cheesy Pie
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by Cheesy Pie »

In elementary school, we raised largemouth bass. When my classmate and I were feeding one fish, this stupid goldfish got stuck in the filter. And SURVIVED.
Last edited by Cheesy Pie on March 2nd, 2011, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE
scientist
State: IL

Post by scientist »

I came to my school
zapofdoom34
Division: C
State: CA

Post by zapofdoom34 »

In elementary school, we had the usual - fire alarms, kids fainting, etc. Unfortunately, there was also this accident where a student's sibling got run over by a train. :cry:

This year, in middle school, we've had a lot of fights and stuff. Nothing unusual, really... until this week. I think on Tuesday or something, a police helicopter landed in our field after school. Apparently, a criminal had locked themselves in a hotel room, and the helicopter was there as back-up. We spent between 30 minutes and an hour in lockdown.

All in all, our school district isn't that big and I can count on one hand all the weird things that have happened in my elementary and middle school combined, which is actually a pretty good thing.
scientist
State: IL

Post by scientist »

only the occasional bombs in lockers, kids killing themselves or getting killed, life wounds, small fires, crimanal adults walking in the hall, faints every day, one kid hurt himself publicly, drug smuggling teacher attacks student or vica versa jk jk jk jk :lol: :lol: :lol: nothing bad has ever happened at my school
Frogger4907
State: KS

Post by Frogger4907 »

scientist wrote:only the occasional bombs in lockers, kids killing themselves or getting killed, life wounds, small fires, crimanal adults walking in the hall, faints every day, one kid hurt himself publicly, drug smuggling teacher attacks student or vica versa jk jk jk jk :lol: :lol: :lol: nothing bad has ever happened at my school
The occasional shotgun shell would be found laying around at my old public school.
Ornithology State Champion
Gravity Vehicle State Champion
Thermodynamics State Champion
Remote Sensing State Champion
20 Div C State Medals
sciencegeek100
State: CA

Post by sciencegeek100 »

the strangest thing was when our soccer field became a landing platform for a small plane
Nationals History...

2008: Team 1st, Rocks 2nd
2009: Team 3rd, Fossils 7th
2010: Team 5th, Fossils 4th, Ornithology 7th Egg o Naut 6th
2011: Team 4th, Ornithology 3rd
2012: Team 2nd (Assistant Coach)
2013: Team 3rd (Assistant Coach)
gneissisnice
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by gneissisnice »

At Stony Brook University, my Archaeology professor told us a story how they used to have an animal testing facility on campus, and a chimpanzee got loose and started roaming around campus.
2009 events:
Fossils: 1st @ reg. 3rd @ states (stupid dinosaurs...) 5th @ nats.
Dynamic: 1st @ reg. 19thish @ states, 18th @ nats
Herpetology (NOT the study of herpes): NA
Enviro Chem: 39th @ states =(
Cell Bio: 9th @ reg. 18th @ nats
Remote: 6th @ states 3rd @ Nats
Ecology: 5th @ Nats
A Person
State: KY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by A Person »

:shock:
sciencegeek100 wrote:the strangest thing was when our soccer field became a landing platform for a small plane
Must have large sidelines, or it is a small plane.

Okay... Time for my story, It's more of a fail though...
Once upon a game of dodge-ball game, my shoelace came loose, and I asked my friend to guard me while I tie it. (I was at the back) Nothing happened, and I finished tying my shoe. It just so happened that someone threw a ball at us. My friend ducked down to avoid the ball that was at head height. I would have been okay, if I didn't stand up then because I was finished.... But I did... and it hit me. In the face. Hard. And with all my luck, it bounced off my face and hit my friend in the back of his head.... I can still hear the kid yelling out, "Double!".
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Return to “General Chat”