Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by paleonaps »

I was the muscle kid last year. Since then, I've started working out- the first time anything I've learned in SciO has helped me in real life.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
chia
State: IL

Post by chia »

So you guys split the subjects between yourselves? We did that in middle school, but now we both just learn all of it, so we can back each other up (uh... well, she backs me up :? :lol: she has a magical memory, I swear).
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

We were in middle school...but yeah I still do that.
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

I actually do not split up systems. My partner and I cover each other's weaknesses, though, admittedly, I typically carry this event. :?
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

As have I with almost everything I've ever done, even when we split.
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: AL

Post by aubrey048 »

Kokonilly wrote:I actually do not split up systems. My partner and I cover each other's weaknesses, though, admittedly, I typically carry this event. :?
Even if I did split with a partner, I wouldn't trust them to do it all (well, except one girl on my team but she likes Astronomy, which is at the same time as Anatomy. Thus we'll never be partners in this.) and end up doing all the work myself. :? Working alone was satisfying though. I was the only one in two rooms of 20+ kids each taking the test alone. The proctor made a big deal about it and congratulated me on my . . . bravery. I was just happy to be without a partner to argue over the answers with. If I succeeded or failed it would be entirely because of me. I wouldn't have an excuse. That's what I liked about doing it alone.
AlphaTauri wrote:I doubt they would have done anything had she appealed. I had the same thing happen to me at States -- stuff on an Anatomy test that shouldn't have been on there -- although not quite to that extent. They denied the appeal because all the teams would have been at the same disadvantage with the extraneous questions (ofc, this is assuming that everybody only studied exactly what was on the rules and didn't look at anything else relating to Anatomy).
That's exactly what happened to us (I didn't appeal of course. I just spent the rest of the day whining about the test proctor). I talked to some of the other A&P kids, and they were really upset too. The ones who won obviously had a really broad knowledge of the subject. I've learned my lesson (don't count on the rules too heavily because some test proctors are too lazy to follow them) and will study a more broad range of material next year. Oh well. It was quite disappointing though. I was ridiculously prepared, and I think I'd be bumped up to at least 4th place had the test covered muscle ID. *sigh*
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

The reason I split it up for Anatomy was that I trusted my partner deeply, and he proved me right.
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
Steveman518
State: PA

Post by Steveman518 »

aubrey048 wrote:
Steveman518 wrote:...and watch them somehow throw urinary at you :P
Nah. Not going to happen.
They randomly did that one year-I wouldn't necessarily get your hopes up too high
Insert Name Here
Division: B
State: CA

Post by Insert Name Here »

At regionals, my partner and I placed 6th. We moved on to State. At State, we got 3rd! Surprisingly, we did better then Muscatel (notorious for winning State the past few years). :lol:
I go to school at Cerro Villa MS. A neighboring school of El Rancho Charter, a once dominating science olympiad team. Rebecca Black goes to El Rancho. It's Friday everyday there. :D
aubrey048
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: AL

Post by aubrey048 »

Insert Name Here wrote:At regionals, my partner and I placed 6th. We moved on to State.
How odd. Congrats!
Plotting the function of the universe for efficiency without your permission.

Projected 2011-2012 Events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Disease Detectives, Tower, Optics, Helicopter.
Past Events: Anatomy (7th), Helicopter (6th), Mission Possible (1st), Write It Do It (4th, 8th), Ornithology (5th).

Return to “2011 Study Events”