South California

LikeAGauss
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: South California

Post by LikeAGauss »

Whoever did ornitho, what was the answer to the monogamous relationship thing for the red-throated loons?
kerurii

Post by kerurii »

That question was really strange in my opinion... I settled for "monogamy" which was the only thing I could think of even though it was openly described as a "monogamous relationship." When I asked our middle school, they said they had done the same, but then again I'm not too sure.
northernjacana

Post by northernjacana »

I heard in Write It Do It some of the students actually saw the structure they were going to build...my team didn't do so well in that (Mesa Verde).
In Ornithology, my partner put "marshal bliss" for the Red-throated Loon question.
One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by prelude to death »

northernjacana wrote:I heard in Write It Do It some of the students actually saw the structure they were going to build...my team didn't do so well in that (Mesa Verde).
In Ornithology, my partner put "marshal bliss" for the Red-throated Loon question.
Yeah.... I heard that the Write It Do It structure was really easy, and at the beginning, some builders actually cheated and got some quick looks at the structure. (Apparently, one builder on another team was pretending not to look at the structure, but in actuality, he was peeking at it. However, he did not place.)
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
Insert Name Here
Division: B

Post by Insert Name Here »

Overall, I really enjoyed the competition. And the supervisors at in STATE was better then at Regionals. I felt that they actually knew what they were talking about.

Although, I never really did get to meet sean9keegan.

But I think it was ran pretty well. I still can't get over the fact that my team lost by 1 point!!! The 6th place trophy will be mine next year!!! :twisted:
I go to school at Cerro Villa MS. A neighboring school of El Rancho Charter, a once dominating science olympiad team. Rebecca Black goes to El Rancho. It's Friday everyday there. :D
Kevlar

Post by Kevlar »

Insert Name Here wrote:Overall, I really enjoyed the competition. And the supervisors at in STATE was better then at Regionals. I felt that they actually knew what they were talking about.

Although, I never really did get to meet sean9keegan.

But I think it was ran pretty well. I still can't get over the fact that my team lost by 1 point!!! The 6th place trophy will be mine next year!!! :twisted:
It was an awesome day, I concur. Head up: I'm from Pioneer, but strange thing is that last year at regionals, we lost to El Rancho by one point. This year, we're first at regionals and probably made you guys a bit mad. (btw, it's the first time we've ever trophied at state) There's always next time, unless you're graduating from middle school this year like me... ;)
"Ooh, and it makes me wonder." - Zep
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by prelude to death »

No, it's okay.... Insert Name Here and I still have one more year to go until breaking away from middle school (although we could always come back as 9th graders..... :twisted: ) Well, El Rancho didn't go to State this year, and they're in our (Insert Name Here + me) school district, so we were just sort of glad that we beat them. Next year, I'll study even harder and try not to procrastinate too much.... The same thing happened at Regionals with us too. I think we missed the 4th place trophy by, like 4 points or something close to that. The numbers for State are really close this year though, aren't they? (Or is it just me?) I mean, in Div. B, 3 points separated 1st and 2nd place (poor Carmel Valley), 1 point separated 2nd and 3rd place, like... 20 points separated 3rd and 4th, over 50 points separated 4th and 5th, around 15 points separated 5th and 6th, and 1 point separated 6th and 7th. I think, isn't this year a really close run for Muscatel? But Div. C was pretty clear-cut. I mean, Troy escaped with medals in almost every event except for one or two and made a huge difference (almost as big as Muscatel at LA Regionals). They finished with around a mere 60 points, while NoHo (North Hollywood) was well in the mid-100s.
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
walkerofplanes
Division: Grad

Post by walkerofplanes »

State has always been close, but that's what's fun. Back when El Rancho was dominating, it was a thrill when Muscatel and Black Mountain did their best to usurp them. And now, everybody is trying to usurp Muscatel and Carmel Valley. It's a great time for Science Olympiad. :) However, I can't wait for someone to get close to Troy. I would like Division C to be a nail biter, just like Division B. :)
Insert Name Here

Post by Insert Name Here »

I was actually really surprised when I heard at Regionals that El Rancho wasn't gonna make it to State. I'm still surprised that my school (Cerro Villa) went to State without receiving a trophy at Regionals. All the other schools that went to state got a trophy. EXCEPT FOR US. AND WE ENDED UP PLACING BETTER THEN ALL THE OTHER OC SCHOOLS (except for Pioneer) AT STATE.

Anyone else here compete in Div. B :?: If so, what school are you from?
I go to school at Cerro Villa MS. A neighboring school of El Rancho Charter, a once dominating science olympiad team. Rebecca Black goes to El Rancho. It's Friday everyday there. :D
trophymursky
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by trophymursky »

If anyone has questions about the road scholar test or has any feedback (both positive and negative) feel free to message me.
rip sounds of music

Return to “2011 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”