Division: Grad
State: KS
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by FullMetalMaple »

lolliexdd wrote:Get one and use it after your performance? :D

I'm so excited, I haven't used one in a while! lol
I'll be going up to get a medal(hopefully), and when I shake the person's hand, I'll say "Yeah, it's in my DNA." Hahahaha, okay that's stupid. XD
Haha, I probably will. I don't think I'll be dancing again after this year, so I'll probably wind up doing a lot of things I couldn't do before... :P I think the last time I had a temporary tattoo was when I went to an engineering camp last summer. Someone brought a bunch of them.

Oh man. You should do that. XD That would be really funny. When I handed out B division awards at my school's invitational this year, I had some kids say the cutest things like that to me.
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA

Post by fishman100 »

Looking at your sig, FullMetalmaple, do you speak french?
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15
FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by FullMetalMaple »

fishman100 wrote:Looking at your sig, FullMetalmaple, do you speak french?
I do indeed! :3 How 'bout you?
lolliexdd
State: PA

Post by lolliexdd »

FullMetalMaple wrote:
lolliexdd wrote:Get one and use it after your performance? :D

I'm so excited, I haven't used one in a while! lol
I'll be going up to get a medal(hopefully), and when I shake the person's hand, I'll say "Yeah, it's in my DNA." Hahahaha, okay that's stupid. XD
Haha, I probably will. I don't think I'll be dancing again after this year, so I'll probably wind up doing a lot of things I couldn't do before... :P I think the last time I had a temporary tattoo was when I went to an engineering camp last summer. Someone brought a bunch of them.

Oh man. You should do that. XD That would be really funny. When I handed out B division awards at my school's invitational this year, I had some kids say the cutest things like that to me.
Aww, I only took one year of dance... in Kindergarten. XD I was in ballet & tap. I don't remember the last time I used one, but I always seem to get one on halloween. lol

XD I'm tempted to. All the people that hand out medals are old though, at least in our region/state. From what I remember. I don't know if they'd appreciate it..
Stroudsburg HS Science Olympiad Graduate!
SUNY- College of Environmental Science and Forestry '17
FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by FullMetalMaple »

lolliexdd wrote:Aww, I only took one year of dance... in Kindergarten. XD I was in ballet & tap. I don't remember the last time I used one, but I always seem to get one on halloween. lol

XD I'm tempted to. All the people that hand out medals are old though, at least in our region/state. From what I remember. I don't know if they'd appreciate it..
I'm almost finished with my 11th year. I started with ballet, then jazz, then musical theatre, and finally pointe and lyrical. I don't do musical theatre anymore because when I moved to Kansas, my new dance studio didn't offer any classes in it. And I never took tap classes, but I'm apparently good at picking it up. XD

I really love dance, but I just don't think I can do it next year. I was finally eligible for my studio's dance company this year, but they're absolutely awful about letting me off for SciOly. :| I had to skip just to go to regionals, and I missed the first invitational of the year. My teammates offered to kidnap me, but it didn't exactly work... but I still got up at three with everyone else. :P
lolliexdd

Post by lolliexdd »

FullMetalMaple wrote:
lolliexdd wrote:Aww, I only took one year of dance... in Kindergarten. XD I was in ballet & tap. I don't remember the last time I used one, but I always seem to get one on halloween. lol

I'm almost finished with my 11th year. I started with ballet, then jazz, then musical theatre, and finally pointe and lyrical. I don't do musical theatre anymore because when I moved to Kansas, my new dance studio didn't offer any classes in it. And I never took tap classes, but I'm apparently good at picking it up. XD

I really love dance, but I just don't think I can do it next year. I was finally eligible for my studio's dance company this year, but they're absolutely awful about letting me off for SciOly. :| I had to skip just to go to regionals, and I missed the first invitational of the year. My teammates offered to kidnap me, but it didn't exactly work... but I still got up at three with everyone else. :P
ooo, Pointe. I applaud you for that. It looks so effortless, but then you realize what's actually happening. Standing on a piece of wood on the tips of your toes? I had a friend that did pointe, and she told us about how once in a while her feet would bleed, but "eventually you get used to it." We all just stared at her XD
I wish I kept going with dance, but I thought ballet was going awfully slow, so I asked my mom to quit. And she listened to me, a little kindergartener. :/

Aww, well can you do dance more casually? Or maybe just do dance in the summer instead of year round? Sorry, I don't know much about how dance companie or studios work.
fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA

Post by fishman100 »

I speak some French, in our house we have 3 members who can :| (dans notre maison nous avons trois personnes qui parlent francais... :P)

And the only time I took dance was when some parent volunteers at our school taught us all how to line dance :/
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15
FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by FullMetalMaple »

lolliexdd wrote: ooo, Pointe. I applaud you for that. It looks so effortless, but then you realize what's actually happening. Standing on a piece of wood on the tips of your toes? I had a friend that did pointe, and she told us about how once in a while her feet would bleed, but "eventually you get used to it." We all just stared at her XD
I wish I kept going with dance, but I thought ballet was going awfully slow, so I asked my mom to quit. And she listened to me, a little kindergartener. :/

Aww, well can you do dance more casually? Or maybe just do dance in the summer instead of year round? Sorry, I don't know much about how dance companie or studios work.
Ha, thanks! But your friend is completely right. After three years of pointe, my feet are actually kind of messed up beyond repair. It didn't hurt at first, but then my feet started bleeding a lot because my nails got too long. I still think it's my favorite dance form, though. (:

I probably can and will. I can't really just dance in the summer, though. :| But since it's been such a big part of my life for so long, I'll find a way around it.
fishman100 wrote:I speak some French, in our house we have 3 members who can :| (dans notre maison nous avons trois personnes qui parlent francais... :P)
Lucky. Almost everyone in my family knows at least some Spanish (my mom took it in college, and both of my brothers take it now), so whenever they speak it to each other, I start rambling in French to be confusing. :P
lolliexdd

Post by lolliexdd »

FullMetalMaple wrote:
lolliexdd wrote: ooo, Pointe. I applaud you for that. It looks so effortless, but then you realize what's actually happening. Standing on a piece of wood on the tips of your toes? I had a friend that did pointe, and she told us about how once in a while her feet would bleed, but "eventually you get used to it." We all just stared at her XD

Ha, thanks! But your friend is completely right. After three years of pointe, my feet are actually kind of messed up beyond repair. It didn't hurt at first, but then my feet started bleeding a lot because my nails got too long. I still think it's my favorite dance form, though. (:

I probably can and will. I can't really just dance in the summer, though. :| But since it's been such a big part of my life for so long, I'll find a way around it.
fishman100 wrote:I speak some French, in our house we have 3 members who can :| (dans notre maison nous avons trois personnes qui parlent francais... :P)
Lucky. Almost everyone in my family knows at least some Spanish (my mom took it in college, and both of my brothers take it now), so whenever they speak it to each other, I start rambling in French to be confusing. :P
I see. I think it's an interesting dance form, but I don't watch many dance performances anyway. :/

Yeah, especially if you love dance. The only club/activity I'm really passionate about is science olympiad. So all I do in the summer is travel. No summer camp, no community activities, just traveling. And recently I've added studying for science olympiad to that, since this is only my second year.

:O Le Francais! I'm taking French in school, but my parents speak Portuguese and Spanish. I understand both though.
FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by FullMetalMaple »

lolliexdd wrote:I see. I think it's an interesting dance form, but I don't watch many dance performances anyway. :/

Yeah, especially if you love dance. The only club/activity I'm really passionate about is science olympiad. So all I do in the summer is travel. No summer camp, no community activities, just traveling. And recently I've added studying for science olympiad to that, since this is only my second year.
Same here, I actually don't watch a lot of dance. I'd rather do than observe. I'm probably equally passionate about dance and Science Olympiad. I'm also really into voice acting, though I can't do anything right now without a mic. :| Ha, I just finished my second year, too!
lolliexdd wrote::O Le Francais! I'm taking French in school, but my parents speak Portuguese and Spanish. I understand both though.
Portuguese and Spanish are mutually intelligible, so that probably helps. I'm fluent in English and intermediate French, and I know some Spanish. My understanding of advanced French is getting better, but I wouldn't say I'm fluent in it. I also know some Polish, Lithuanian, and Italian... Yeah, I'm an aspiring polyglot. :D

Return to “General Chat”