Scioly Assassination 74: Dead Island

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Re: Scioly Assassination 74: Dead Island

Post by Assassinator »

AlphaTauri wrote:So, due to peer pressure and a desire to end this game ASAP, I accuse IdahoSciGuy because Bishop Kelly (from Idaho) got 38th at Nats 3 years ago and because Idaho's associated with DynPlan and has a joke in his sig about sedimentary rocks.
Ahhh, what a fun game this has been :D Yep, You're right! PM me your choice, Alpha.

I'll post tomorrow explaining all the clues.
mogus
brobo
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by brobo »

Nice game, very good. Sorry I couldn't play more than I did... It was nice to have a game last more than a few days, though!
Image--Texas!

brobo's Userpage

"Let's put all our differences behind us, for science. You monster."

Ubuntu is awesome.
space scientist
State: TX

Post by space scientist »

Good game Idahosciguy.

/tries to shake hands with Idahosciguy

This was my first time being officer and I don't think I was very bad at it, but I know that I wasn't as good as officers who have participated in the assassination games for a long time.
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion." John Lawton
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward
prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by prelude to death »

Great game, Idaho!!! :)
"I like a quiet life, you know me."
AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by AlphaTauri »

Oh hey, I was actually right for once. Guess it goes to show, peer pressure isn't always a bad thing. :lol:

Although...now that I think about it, I should've gotten suspicious when I was offered the officer spot, since Idaho supposedly got his PM in right before mine (he posted "sent" right as I refreshed the page after sending my PM). Either way, great game, Idaho! Nice clues in particular.

Edit: I guess this would also be a good time to mention that I've already sent Idaho my pick.
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!
IdahoSciGuy
State: ID

Post by IdahoSciGuy »

Ok, to start off, I would like to say that this game was incredibly fun for me, and reminded me of the olden days quite a bit. That being said, I resolved early on in the game that this would be my last. With that mindset, I figured if I'm gonna go out, lets go out with a bang. That's one of the reasons why when I did log on, I only logged onto chat. I knew Winneratlife would be tracking me like a slightly obsessed bloodhound, so I had to do something to throw him off. Actually, many traps I laid worked with quite the resounding success, as noted with the 3 accusations the officers had left. Not only that, but I wanted the clues to be solvable quickly, as i think easily solvable clues me the game more fun. Ok, so onto the clues.

Clue One: Prior to this game, there was confusion over who would pick the next sassy. Littleboy thought he was going to choose, and when he "picked me", I had already been picked by Zyzzyva98. Still, when I started the game, Littleboy insisted that we team up to try and stump y'all, and this clue was my response to that. I explained this clue when no one solved it. In fact, I only explained it because at the time, people on chat were wanting it explained.

Clue Two: You solved it correctly, those are the Frequency's of FM radio in Japan.

Clue Three: This was an allusion to Aperture Science. All this info came from the wiki page for Aperture Science. Cave refers to the CEO of Aperture Science, Cave Johnson(the second part of that coming in a hint), and Fixture was what they used to be called, Aperture Fixtures. Finally, I used a quote from Cave Johnson as the final line in the poem. This of course pointed to brobo, who's avatar was the Aperture Science logo at the time.

Clue Four: You solved this clue. It is the score from the High School National Championship Tournament from 2010, between maggie goverenors whatever, and state college.

Clue Five: This was an allusion to minecraft, the Diamond Pickaxe and it's data values. You solved this perfectly.

Clue Six: I thought this clue would actually be harder than it really was, But you solved it.

Clue Seven: For the record, If i had seen that quiz edited his protect for this after the deadline, I would have counted him as dead. The cipher was a vignere, and you picked out all the things needed, but did not act on it. The word KEY was underlined to get your attention. All the other words italisized or bolded were red herrings. The first letter of each line says THE HOST. Assassinator was the Key. If you plug that in, the result is NAQTLLC, a company that happans to have the largest quiz bowl circuit in america.

Clue Eight: GRRRR...! This really is my favorite clue ever, and Zyzzyva is a genius for thinking of the format. You all figured it out.

Clue Nine: Yeah, you got it, this targeted quiz

Clue Ten: This clue was supposed to bring your attention to dialects. Only one person has written on their profile about a dialect. My target was FullMetalMaple.

Now the Identity clues:

Clue One: You got it, Three years ago, My school placed 38th

Clue two: You got it, they are all sedimentary formations

Clue Three: The hint that would come with this was going to be "the decade before last". This means the 90s. The clue points to Heaven's Gate, a cult famous for a mass suicide. The killed themselves to join up with a UFO following behind Comet Hale-Bopp. Guess what my avatar is.

To sum up, I really had a fun time on this. With this, I officially retire. Good luck to you all, It's been real :D
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad
winneratlife
State: MI

Post by winneratlife »

IdahoSciGuy wrote:I knew Winneratlife would be tracking me like a slightly obsessed bloodhound, so I had to do something to throw him off.
I actually didn't >.< because I retired [or "retired" if you want to put it that way :P ]. Whenever a suspect was brought up though, I would run a quick check of posting times for the officers and either support or deny (I denied numerous suspects because they couldn't post midday or whatnot)
IdahoSciGuy wrote:With this, I officially retire. Good luck to you all, It's been real :D
We need an official definition of "retire" to be officially retiring :P
mingtian
State: PA

Post by mingtian »

Hey, Idaho 111
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

Well played, Idaho. I knew I wanted someone who I could trust to make a fun game while I was away and you did great. Congratulations.
IdahoSciGuy wrote:Clue Eight: GRRRR...! This really is my favorite clue ever, and Zyzzyva is a genius for thinking of the format. You all figured it out.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you like it. I'm really quite flattered.
IdahoSciGuy wrote:With this, I officially retire. Good luck to you all, It's been real :D
We'll miss you. Keep it real, Idaho.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

Wonderful game, Idaho! Really quite enjoyable.

Return to “Assassinator Games”