Scioly Assassination 75: The Point of No Return

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Scioly Assassination 75: The Point of No Return

Post by Assassinator »

Midnight. The darkness swirls around me as I walk silently down the street, a sheet of paper clutched in one hand, a knife in the other. The Scioly town hall looms overhead, once a mighty symbol of glory, order, and determination. Alas, no more. The citizens of the town have departed from the old ways, and Scioly is merely a shadow of what it once was. Soon, Scioly will be nothing. Unless I act.

I stab my knife through the paper, affixing it to the door of the town hall. It reads:
To the citizens of Scioly: You have passed the point of no return. I will stop at nothing to return this town to its former splendor, even if it means murder. However, there is one way to stop me.

1. The officers will be the next five people who send correct answers to the clue. Put in a bit of thought before posting. If you have not been around for awhile, it is less likely that you will be able to identify me.

2. There will be no "informants", but civilians may post.

3. People will die. However, there are some exceptions. I will not kill administrators or moderators. In return, I ask that they not reveal my identity.

4. Officers may [and will] die, but a police officer may protect another officer.

5. Once an officer has made three incorrect accusations, he may not accuse or protect anyone.

6. The assassin will provide clues which plainly point to his next victim, and occasionally to himself.

7. The assassin will continue to post with his true account, and may provide hints there.

8. When accusing someone of being Assassinator you must use the following template "I accuse (place name here) because (give reason here)." If you don't use this template when accusing the accusation won't count.

9. Once "killed" a user may not make any statements about the identity of the Assasinator.

10. Non officers or informants may post.

11. Each clue will last 48 hours, after which the Assassinator may kill.

12. If the Assassinator does not reply in 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation. However that accusation must be made next time the user posts and cannot be stored as an extra one to use later.

13. Each officer begins with one accusation. You will earn accusations as you protect correctly.

14. The Assassinator wins after 15 incorrect accusations have been made, but the number needed to win goes down by one with each kill.

15. The Assassinator reserves the right to add to these rules as he deems necessary.
What am I?
I produce light.
The first part of my name deals with a classical element.
The second part of my name: "Wingardium Leviosa!"
I am not a chordate.
I share my full name with a short-lived science fiction television show. May you be calm, peaceful, and untroubled.

And the clock strikes twelve. Let it begin.
Last edited by Assassinator on June 16th, 2011, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mogus
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 75: The Point of No Return

Post by Kokonilly »

The sassy's in the Midwest, or at least CDT. They're also probably out of school, because it's midnight on a Monday.
amerikestrel
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Post by amerikestrel »

This looks fun. Come on guys, let's fill up the officer spots quick!
Not competing in the 2011-12 season.
2011 B division PA State Ornithology and Fossils champ!
Medal count: 14
harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by harryk »

Sent mine earlier this morning, can't wait :D
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time
AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: PA

Post by AlphaTauri »

Ooh, looks like this is going to be a good round. Too bad I have to sit this one out. :|
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!
space scientist
Division: C
State: TX

Post by space scientist »

For the officer clue, I have only been able to solve parts of the clue, but I haven't been able to make a final answer.
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion." John Lawton
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

Oh, yeah, I can't play either - gonna be in Texas and Virginia over the next couple weeks. :(
kjhsscioly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by kjhsscioly »

I just sent mine in - but I am probably late. Ah well, it sounds like fun, so good luck to the officers!

edit: NEVER MIND - sassy says I am the fifth officer
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

And with that, the officer spots are full.

To amerikestrel, harryk, ophiophagus, EASTstroudsburg13, and kjhsscioly: Good luck. You'll need it.

First clue will be up later today.
mogus
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

People online on Facebook at the time of the sassy's post (this most recent one; I didn't check Facebook at 12:01 this morning*):
- Bogoradwee/Exothermic
- fmtiger124
- RandomPerson
- Me... but accusing me would be dumb because I'm leaving soon.

Just, y'know, a bit of help. I'm kind of bored. :P
* - By the way, sassy, nice job posting at 12:01 rather than precisely midnight.

Return to “Assassinator Games”