Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Season 2012 - Site suggestions

Post by paleonaps »

So the mobile site isn't happening then, is it?
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
robotman
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by robotman »

The more times that a feature is asked about after the initial suggestion the lower the chance of the feature being implemented.
Edit the Wiki.
Upload to the Image Gallery
[medals]Get Medals[/medals]
[chat][/chat]
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

Okay, sorry.
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
kentuckyfan1001
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: OH

Post by kentuckyfan1001 »

I personally would like to see a subforum where team results of invitationals (and maybe regionals and states) would be posted. Score tracker is ok, but it's mainly meant to keep track of individual raw scores of events. However, I don't know if there is a big enough demand for this type of information that it deserves a sub-forum.
-JZ Solon '12, Penn '16
2013 Helicopters PA State Supervisor
smartkid222
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C

Post by smartkid222 »

Usually state, regional, or invitational websites display the results so having them here would be repetative. Sometimes results from a particular school are found under the school's wikipage and state results are under the state wikipage.
Image 2008 NY BLG Champ
2010 NY Helicopter Champ
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

smartkid222 wrote:Usually state, regional, or invitational websites display the results so having them here would be repetative. Sometimes results from a particular school are found under the school's wikipage and state results are under the state wikipage.
I think it would be handy. Georgia State does not post results online, and only a few of our regionals do.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by paleonaps »

Yeah, that would actually be a pretty good idea. It would be nice to have everything in one place.
Brown University 2017
4 time National Medalist
JustDroobles

Post by JustDroobles »

It would be really cool to have a database to save all past released tournament results. I like to look back and analyze past scores. It would not necessarily be repetitive, for example Michigan posted their state results after the tournament in May, but the website is now under maintenance and the scores are no longer available. Additionally, they do not show any of their past years' results. Many invitationals I have attended and my regionals do not post their results online. People could also scan results from past tournaments that they may still have so historical records could be developed. Although some past results are available on the wiki, it is not quite practical to post results from every tournament including places for every team in every event on the wiki.
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo »

JustDroobles wrote:It would be really cool to have a database to save all past released tournament results. I like to look back and analyze past scores. It would not necessarily be repetitive, for example Michigan posted their state results after the tournament in May, but the website is now under maintenance and the scores are no longer available. Additionally, they do not show any of their past years' results. Many invitationals I have attended and my regionals do not post their results online. People could also scan results from past tournaments that they may still have so historical records could be developed. Although some past results are available on the wiki, it is not quite practical to post results from every tournament including places for every team in every event on the wiki.
That'd be a perfect way to enhance the state wikis! They're pretty bare right now, and I'm trying to make them better, so I'll definitely look into posting tournament results on the state wikis next year. Of course, I won't be able to find every result for every competition in every state, but I'll try to do as much as I can, and hopefully other people will help by adding additional results to their respective state pages.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

The Pennsylvania Wiki already has some of that, you can base things for other states off of that. Granted, it doesn't have the scores for every event, but it's more than most other wikis, and the links to the complete event tables are usually there.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

Return to “Announcements”