Scioly Assassination 75: The Point of No Return

mingtian
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 75: The Point of No Return

Post by mingtian »

Koko has two exalted medals. But I think we're going the wrong direction here. The sassy said it was like yhe last clue. So for every person, we shoulf get 1 or 2 letters and piece them together. Maybe the abbreviations of their home countries or abbrev. of the cities they competed in.
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY
Been thanked: 0

Post by paleonaps »

That makes sense.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: KS

Post by FullMetalMaple »

Littleboy wrote:But that is REALLY vague though. It needs something else to point at someone if that is true.
Yes, I know. That's just my take if the LSA idea holds any water. The events also spell out "at lhfe," (in chronological order) though I could just be reading too deep into it.

Again, just an observation from someone watching from the sidelines. \has popcorn

I love the theme of this game.
kjhsscioly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by kjhsscioly »

I protect winneratlife because all the people were olympic gold medalists.

Not sure where the clue might be going, and I won't be on tomorrow, so worth a shot.
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

I knocked on the door of winneratlife's house, located somewhat on the outer fringes of Scioly. The falling snow [yes I know it's summer right now; bear with me] settled on the shoulders of my coat, and I brushed it off, watching it float slowly to the ground. Impatient, I knocked again. I heard a slight commotion inside the house before he opened the door and welcomed me in. I left my coat hanging on the coat rack near the door, and kicked off my snow-covered boots. We talked for a while about life and things like that, until I had to take my leave. I bid him farewell, pulled on my boots, shrugged on my coat. Right before I stepped out the door, as if I had forgotten to mention something earlier, I turned my head and called back, "And one more thing..." With those words, I drew a revolver from my coat and spun around. He was gone. The only things left were an open window and a scrap of paper. I ran to the window and leaned out, looking for any fleeing footprints, but the falling snow had already covered his tracks. Enraged, I slammed the window shut and picked up the scrap of paper. It read: "Nice try. I'm not as stupid as you think I am; I could tell from the moment you stepped in the door. Plus, kjhsscioly tipped me off ahead of time." I crumpled the paper, threw it into the blazing fireplace, and stalked out the door, now even more enraged.

kjhsscioly has correctly protected winneratlife. Have an accusation. As you figured out, all of the people in the clue were Olympic gold medalists [therefore, they were winners], and their events in chronological order, spelled out "atlife". The only thing you missed was that I went by the official Olympic names of the events when making the clue, so "hockey" should have been "ice hockey", which would have given you the "i". LSA/LASA was a complete coincidence.

New clue will be up later today, possibly early tomorrow.
mogus
winneratlife
State: MI

Post by winneratlife »

Assassinator wrote:I drew a revolver
I daresay the sassy is somebody common on IRC ;)
ophiophagus
State: MI

Post by ophiophagus »

I hate having to do this but I won't be in town the next couple weeks, so I am giving up my officer spot to anybody that wants it .
Oh, and before that, I accuse FullMetalMaple because she solved the last clue and because she hasn't been assassintaor yet but has participated in the last few games(I know those are bad reasons but whatever).
mingtian
State: PA

Post by mingtian »

ophiophagus wrote:I hate having to do this but I won't be in town the next couple weeks, so I am giving up my officer spot to anybody that wants it .
Oh, and before that, I accuse FullMetalMaple because she solved the last clue and because she hasn't been assassintaor yet but has participated in the last few games(I know those are bad reasons but whatever).
Oh, please be me. I want officer.
FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: KS

Post by FullMetalMaple »

ophiophagus wrote:I hate having to do this but I won't be in town the next couple weeks, so I am giving up my officer spot to anybody that wants it .
Oh, and before that, I accuse FullMetalMaple because she solved the last clue and because she hasn't been assassinator yet but has participated in the last few games(I know those are bad reasons but whatever).
Nope, sorry. It's not me.
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by paleonaps »

Me wants it.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.

Return to “Assassinator Games”