Scioly Assassination 75: The Point of No Return

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Re: Scioly Assassination 75: The Point of No Return

Post by Assassinator »

The dark clouds over Scioly [both literal and figurative] added to the air of general foreboding doom as I walked nervously down the street towards EASTstroudsburg13's house. I was not nervous because I feared I would be caught, but because I had to act the part. I knocked on the door several times before EAST answered, looking rather sleepy. "What on earth are you doing at 2 AM?" he asked. "I know who's terrorizing Scioly," I replied. "May I come in? I fear he'll be after me any minute now." "Yeah, sure," he said, still yawning. As he shuffled down the fall to turn on the lights, I drew my revolver from my coat and aimed. Unfortunately for me, EAST chose that exact moment to turn back and ask me a question. Seeing the gun in my hand, he dived behind a wall just as I fired. I charged down the hall, turned the corner...and couldn't find him. Taking advantage of my momentary confusion, he sprang out from behind a sofa and hit me in the back of the head with some large, heavy object, which sent me sprawling on the floor and sent my revolver flying. He dived for the revolver as I picked myself up from the floor, wincing at my newfound headache. He aimed the revolver at me, but I recovered enough to karate-kick the gun from his hand and throw a punch that knocked the wind out of him. I grabbed my revolver from where it had fallen and pulled the trigger, only to find that it had jammed [likely from one of its impacts with the floor]. Swearing, I sprinted back through the house, slamming the front door after me. EAST sprinted after me, collided with the now-closed front door, fumbled with the lock, and ran outside, only to find that I was gone. The night was calm and peaceful.

kjhsscioly has correctly protected EASTstroudsburg13. However, she already has 3 total accusations and cannot gain another one. Instead, I will let kjhsscioly give her surplus accusation to any officer she chooses.

A very laughable folly, amerikestrel, accusing someone who has already been accused. Unfortunately for you, an accusation is an accusation, and you may not have it back. Perhaps ask kjhsscioly for her surplus accusation?

I do apologize for taking time between clues, but you guys are solving them faster than I can come up with them. Once again, please be patient. [And maybe go work on that identity clue I gave you a while ago.]
Last edited by Assassinator on June 24th, 2011, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mogus
fmtiger124
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fmtiger124 »

Assassinator wrote: A very laughable folly, amerikestrel, accusing someone who has already been accused. Unfortunately for you, an accusation is an accusation, and you may not have it back. Perhaps ask kjhsscioly for her surplus accusation?
/me cues the uproar
You do know the likelihood you get away with that is quite small right?
harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by harryk »

Oh kjhsscioly, would you be so kind to grant me your extra accusation :P after all I did solve most of the clue
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time
space scientist
Division: C

Post by space scientist »

fmtiger124 wrote:
Assassinator wrote: A very laughable folly, amerikestrel, accusing someone who has already been accused. Unfortunately for you, an accusation is an accusation, and you may not have it back. Perhaps ask kjhsscioly for her surplus accusation?
/me cues the uproar
I agree with fmtiger. Assassin, by counting that accusation you are basically cheating by using somebody's mistake (People who are accused can't be accused again since it is illogical, but it happens by mistake.), and by doing that you give permission to the two people who know your identity (IdahoSciGuy and AlphaTauri) to reveal your identity. My suggestion is that you don't count the accusation, or you could let amerikestrel change the accusation.

Edit:
Assassinator wrote:And maybe go work on that identity clue I gave you a while ago.
What was the identity clue? That is unless this is the identity clue:
Assassinator wrote:"You can't escape. Justice will be served."
In which case the assassin would have a username dealing with force/courage or a name/username that is will (or deals with that name if it refers to a username).
Last edited by space scientist on June 24th, 2011, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion." John Lawton
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward
amerikestrel
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA

Post by amerikestrel »

Eh, that's okay, I deserve a black mark for re-accusing someone.

Ooh, and there was identity clue too? Did not know that.

Edit: typo
Last edited by amerikestrel on June 24th, 2011, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not competing in the 2011-12 season.
2011 B division PA State Ornithology and Fossils champ!
Medal count: 14
TheGenius
State: KS

Post by TheGenius »

What identity clue?
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by harryk »

The only other thing that would seem like a clue to me, is the repeated use of red/crimson ink
Edit: or this?
Assassinator wrote:Never one to pass up the theatrical
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time
mingtian
State: PA

Post by mingtian »

fmtiger124 wrote:
/me cues the uproar
You do realize you are decreasing your chances of becoming assassinator again right, assassinator?
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

mingtian wrote:
fmtiger124 wrote:
/me cues the uproar
You do realize you are decreasing your chances of becoming assassinator again right, assassinator?
I don't know if I'd say that...he's simply breaking an established precedent...which generally doesn't go over well
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo »

Perhaps someone should act on Koko's suspicion and accuse Dox.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

Return to “Assassinator Games”