Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: IA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by zyzzyva980 »

EpicFailOlympian wrote:For all of you: (esp. Z and FMM) what do you usually write with? Pen and paper? [My hand gets too tired] Microsoft Word? [I stop writing and look for diversions, like cats jumping off furniture. Microsoft has a creepy way of shutting you brain down with the blue and white background, like what's happening to me now while posting this] by WordPad? [butterfly speech recognition software, I refuse to say "period" after each sentence.]
Call me crazy, I write everything out by hand. I am much more creative when not distracted by the internet as would surely happen when using MS Word and I just don't like using it in general. The font choices make it seem cold and sterile. You just don't get the same warm fuzzy feeling on a computer that you do using pencil and paper
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL

Post by Skink »

Doesn't that significantly slow down your WPM, though?
cngu23
State: MD

Post by cngu23 »

Skink wrote:Doesn't that significantly slow down your WPM, though?
Yeah. Typing projects and essays on the computer is usually faster for me. I don't think I've actually written a rough draft of an essay or something like that since I was in 6th-7th grade. All my essays have been typed initially and edited on the computer.
Marriotts Ridge 11-
Walter Johnson 09-11

13 MD Regional/State
Material S (2/-) TPS (-/2)
12 MD Regional/State
Remote S(2/6) Water Q(2/4) Optics (-/5)
11 MD Regional
Remote S(2) Eco(2) D Planet(3)
illusionist
State: MI

Post by illusionist »

Kokonilly wrote:
EpicFailOlympian wrote:For all of you: (esp. Z and FMM) what do you usually write with? Pen and paper? [My hand gets too tired] Microsoft Word? [I stop writing and look for diversions, like cats jumping off furniture. Microsoft has a creepy way of shutting you brain down with the blue and white background, like what's happening to me now while posting this] by WordPad? [butterfly speech recognition software, I refuse to say "period" after each sentence.]
I did NaNo two (three?) years in a row, before wild College Applications appeared, and I recommend http://writeordie.com/.
Koko, that's a 10 dollar piece of software........ O.o
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

illusionist wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:
I did NaNo two (three?) years in a row, before wild College Applications appeared, and I recommend http://writeordie.com/.
Koko, that's a 10 dollar piece of software........ O.o
It's free if you look at the "web app" bit.
illusionist
State: MI

Post by illusionist »

Btw, did you guys see that post in the Towers General Discussion thread? That was impressive. I don't think I've seen longer... (well, maybe I have in the 'Is scioly really worth it' thread, but still. This one is impressive as well)
chia

Post by chia »

Kokonilly wrote:I did NaNo two (three?) years in a row, before wild College Applications appeared, and I recommend http://writeordie.com/.
That will be very useful for me... for motivation to finish writing assignments for class. Seriously though, I've got to find a way to keep myself from procrastinating on long writing assignments. Speaking of which... I'd better go. :roll:
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
cngu23
State: MD

Post by cngu23 »

chia wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:I did NaNo two (three?) years in a row, before wild College Applications appeared, and I recommend http://writeordie.com/.
That will be very useful for me... for motivation to finish writing assignments for class. Seriously though, I've got to find a way to keep myself from procrastinating on long writing assignments. Speaking of which... I'd better go. :roll:
Procrastination is starting to be an issue. It's not like I do something besides the homework I'm supposed to do, but instead, I do nothing at all.
Marriotts Ridge 11-
Walter Johnson 09-11

13 MD Regional/State
Material S (2/-) TPS (-/2)
12 MD Regional/State
Remote S(2/6) Water Q(2/4) Optics (-/5)
11 MD Regional
Remote S(2) Eco(2) D Planet(3)
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Skink »

cngu23 wrote:
chia wrote:
Procrastination is starting to be an issue. It's not like I do something besides the homework I'm supposed to do, but instead, I do nothing at all.
It's mind over matter, guys (mind over mind? Can the mind really overpower itself? Is there really even a conflict here? Does that make any sense?). Close FB, put the phone away, and/or turn off the t.v. Otherwise, you've prioritized those things over what may matter. I mean, it's not up to me to decide if your essays or whatnot are more important than FB or vice versa. In your case...I dunno, might be because you've underslept. Being tired is NOT a good way to get motivated. A little sugar sometimes goes a long way. Everyone has a sweet tooth. :D
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

Man, I feel so behind on NaNoWriMo...it's 2:48 pm on the third day, and I've only written 6,306 words...I need more motivation.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"

Return to “General Chat”