lenkagamine
Division: B
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mousetrap Vehicle B

Post by lenkagamine »

chalker7 wrote:
lenkagamine wrote: Thanks! I missed that section. I still can't find a good mousetrap though... mine is weak and can't support the weight of the arm. Any suggestions?
Two options, first try to find some stronger mousetraps. Generic ones that come in kits and such are probably weaker than name brand ones you can purchase at hardware stores. Second, I imagine your arm is too heavy, you want it to be as light and stiff as possible. Also, the length of the arm can seriously affect the vehicle. You might want to shorten the arm. What are you using for a material and how long is it?
Thanks for the help! I was able to figure out the arm problem now... but now i have this other problem... My back axle's completely crooked!! *sigh* oh well, time to build another one, i guess.
★☻☮♥♫♪☯☺☆ Events: Reach 4 the Stars, Compute This, and Mission Possible
illusionist
Division: C
State: MI

Post by illusionist »

Build a whole new vehicle?! You should try to design your vehicle so that you can just swap out parts. But the best solution for a crooked axle is to simply replace it. There's no point in trying to make it work.
Saje_Willis
State: KS

Post by Saje_Willis »

Does any wone know how to set up the trigger and which way its suppose to land on the front of the chasis :ugeek:
Saje_Willis
State: KS

Post by Saje_Willis »

Where are u placing the paper clip at the front or the back of the chasis
illusionist

Post by illusionist »

Saje_Willis wrote:Where are u placing the paper clip at the front or the back of the chasis
I do not have the rules on me, but if the rules do not prohibit the placement of the paper clip, then it's up to you. But please read the rules first. There is no best place to put it. If your vehicle is consistently going past the point, then it would be better to maybe put the paperclip in the back.
mousetrapfury
State: NC

Post by mousetrapfury »

what is the best brand and type of mousetrap (HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

please post link here for website it is sold on :?
illusionist

Post by illusionist »

The two most popular brands are Tomcat and Victor. You can find both of those in many stores such as Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Meijer, etc.
mousetrapfury
State: NC

Post by mousetrapfury »

thanks
also do you know how to make a good sighting device because on battery buggy last year we only got 4th place because we had a terable sighting device so i am really worried this year :D
illusionist

Post by illusionist »

Well, what we did:
Attach two toothpicks on your vehicle, one at front, and one at back. Then we used string to mark center of the track width. Then, just align the toothpicks to the string (this is assuming that your vehicle travels perfectly straight).

If not, you can use the side scope-thingy from a telescope and simply attach that to your vehicle, then use a marker or something to mark the middle of the track width at the finish line. Then, just look through the sight and line your vehicle up with the marker.

Return to “2012 Build Events”