chia
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SAT Scores?

Post by chia »

Wow, that's a pretty nice improvement!
My composite score was 2230 (only a 730 on critical reading, 760 math, and 740 writing - the result of a perfect 80 on the multiple choice, but bombed essay :T). I am still wondering about that 760, though. Was the test made too easy, so they had to make the curve kinda nasty?
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
astroblue
Division: C
State: WA

Post by astroblue »

I got a 2400, missed 2 reading questions and omitted 1 writing with an 11 essay. I think I got fairly lucky though
blue cobra
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by blue cobra »

Why do I come here? I thought I had a score that might get me into a college, but apparently not :lol:
chia wrote:Wow, that's a pretty nice improvement!
My composite score was 2230 (only a 730 on critical reading, 760 math, and 740 writing - the result of a perfect 80 on the multiple choice, but bombed essay :T). I am still wondering about that 760, though. Was the test made too easy, so they had to make the curve kinda nasty?
I took the January SAT, and my math score was lower than expected too (740, 77 on PSAT). However, I hadn't looked at an SAT question since the PSAT so I could have just been out of practice. We'll see when we get the test back.

But my writing was way higher than expected. I did exactly no prep for the writing portion (and I elected to not be in honors English classes) and I still got a 730 (66 on PSAT)

R: 730
M: 740
W: 730

2200/2400
1470/1600

I told myself I wouldn't take it again if I got a 2200 (this was my first time) but I'd like a higher math score...
In full color since 2006
chia

Post by chia »

See, I was actually somewhat surprised by my score breakdown (though I was expecting about the total score I got): my PSAT was a 234, 80 on writing and critical reading, 74 math. So I thought it was strange that my highest was math this time, and that I missed so many in critical reading.
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN

Post by RandomPerson »

chia wrote:Kinda hate to bring this thread back up again :roll: but I have a question. I took the Januray 28 SAT, and only missed one question on the math section... which apparently brought me down to a 760. So was the math curve just awful this year, or what? Did any of you get scores like that?
That usually happens with the math section, but it usually isn't that intense. Its usually that one off is a 780, so that must've been a particularly easy test. That or really competitive people took the exam.

My first SAT I missed one math question as well and I got a 790, so I got lucky. The next time I got 4 or 5 off (wooopsies) and got a 700. The curve is rough.
A new era has begun
cngu23
State: MD

Post by cngu23 »

Took my first SAT today.

I'm guessing maybe 1 wrong for math, 1-2 wrong for writing, and maybe 7-8 wrong for critical reading.
Marriotts Ridge 11-
Walter Johnson 09-11

13 MD Regional/State
Material S (2/-) TPS (-/2)
12 MD Regional/State
Remote S(2/6) Water Q(2/4) Optics (-/5)
11 MD Regional
Remote S(2) Eco(2) D Planet(3)
Sanias

Post by Sanias »

i have a 600 total what up pigeon

ok im just kidding. i focus on act stuff mainly b/c i hate SAT reading
VENI VIDI VICI
2win
State: TX

Post by 2win »

So if I bomb the Reading and Essay part... should I try improving and taking it again? So many people around me are just like, nah, just keep your score. (2090) But like.. T.T That's kinda low...
k-tx. retiring from scioly.
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by paleonaps »

Just got my ACT score back. I got a 35, so I'm pretty happy. Although I somehow bombed the essay...
Also, I got a 2200 on the SAT. I am probably not taking it again in the fall, because I'm fine with that and I don't feel the extra torture to be necessary.
Apparently, I got an 800 on the hardest section (reading), but I got in the 600s on math...
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.

Return to “General Chat”