Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
foreverphysics
Division: Grad
State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by foreverphysics »

That lovely moment when you realize that OH MYGOD VIOLIN STATES IS THIS SATURDAY and you realize that you also have to study for Nats. Oh, and let's not forget standardized testing, shall we? I'm going to fail the language portion of it... >.<
Please tell me that violins at generally supposed to make a noise like a strangled raven...
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY
Been thanked: 0

Post by paleonaps »

Luo wrote:Paleonaps has been pretty inactive as of late. If you're reading this, naps, are you going to be at nationals with the team?
That was weird. I was just thinking "I really should check Scioly now, I haven't been on in a while".
I know I've been inactive. In all honesty, I feel I have little to offer. I did absolutely no studying this whole year, although I somehow managed to medal in all of my events at Regionals. Because I didn't study, I feel I can't really contribute to either the Wiki or to the event threads. Also, I didn't make the team this year (which may have something to do with my lack of studying) and although I can accept that it is my own fault, it still bummed me out a lot. So that made me less feel like coming on here. Lastly, when I started to check again, I realized how many new members are becoming active, and I realized that the people I used to talk to a lot are either inactive (brobo), absent (Idaho) or promoted beyond recognition (Z and Random). So the field of people is very different now, in a lot of ways, and there's none of the "Let's see what Z's up to right now" impulse or anything because most of the people I'm interested in reconnecting with are gone.
On top of that, junior year sucks. SO MUCH HOMEWORK.
Anyway, I think I'll be back a lot more next year. I think I may start studying again. And to answer your question, yes. I will be in Orlando in a few weeks.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo »

paleonaps wrote:Anyway, I think I'll be back a lot more next year. I think I may start studying again. And to answer your question, yes. I will be in Orlando in a few weeks.
Cool, I will see you in Florida then. I think a reprise of the awkward shoulder-staring-greeting thing is in order.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

Definitely. I want to do that. Look for the Asian girl with the large puffy hair, probably going around with a tall Asian guy, a relatively short Asian girl, and a tall Caucasian guy with blond hair. Coincidentally, all four of us are members on this forum.
Online awkward staring thing...commence.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by Luo »

Haha...I did the awkward shoulder-staring-greeting thing with paleonaps last year when I saw him on the street at lunchtime the day before the competition. :D
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
winneratlife
State: MI

Post by winneratlife »

USAMO :D
Aia
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: WA

Post by Aia »

Oklahoma still doesn't appear to have dropped any teams yet...
Science Olympiad Alumna and Volunteer
Aia's Boomilever Guide: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Aia%27 ... ever_Guide
chia
State: IL

Post by chia »

paleonaps wrote:On top of that, junior year sucks. SO MUCH HOMEWORK.
Story of basically all of our lives, man. And at least you actually get to go to Orlando, though that's a bummer about not making your team this year (seriously though, they do that? We only kick returning members off if they're completely unproductive. Then again, you're going to nationals and we aren't...)
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by Luo »

chia wrote:
paleonaps wrote:On top of that, junior year sucks. SO MUCH HOMEWORK.
Story of basically all of our lives, man. And at least you actually get to go to Orlando, though that's a bummer about not making your team this year (seriously though, they do that? We only kick returning members off if they're completely unproductive. Then again, you're going to nationals and we aren't...)
It's especially tough when you have to cut senior(s) due to the 7-senior limit, particularly if those seniors truly deserve a spot on the team. We had to cut a member of last year's national team from this year's team due to the 7-senior limit. It was genuinely heartbreaking to have to tell him.
haverstall

Post by haverstall »

Luo wrote:Haha...I did the awkward shoulder-staring-greeting thing with paleonaps last year when I saw him on the street at lunchtime the day before the competition. :D
You were such a creeper that day. I remember you staring at WM's team as they passed us, and eventually ran after them.
Mounds View Science Olympiad 2008-2012 || 6th, Remote Sensing, 2011 Nationals

Co-Tournament Coordinator of Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational
Co-Chair of Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni

Return to “General Chat”