Anatomy B/C

ptkid
Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anatomy B/C

Post by ptkid »

Do you think that knowing fick's law, poiseiulle's law, laplace's law, dalton's law, henry's law, and boyle's law is enough for this event? Or are their any other laws that you think I should know?
Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
LCovington
Division: C
State: FL

Post by LCovington »

ptkid wrote:Do you think that knowing fick's law, poiseiulle's law, laplace's law, dalton's law, henry's law, and boyle's law is enough for this event? Or are their any other laws that you think I should know?
Law's Law
2013 Events: Anatomy B (4) and Disease Detectives B (5)

Yes, the guy in my avatar is me, don't ask.
SciBomb97
State: AL

Post by SciBomb97 »

ptkid wrote:Do you think that knowing fick's law, poiseiulle's law, laplace's law, dalton's law, henry's law, and boyle's law is enough for this event? Or are their any other laws that you think I should know?
I've only heard of four of those...but I guess so. The more the better, right? :P
-- -- --
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31~

They say that a smile can light up somebody's day
So today, smile
Shine a light in somebody's life
Be that light in the darkness
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

Those look good for laws. Other things you might want to know:
F = (P1 – P2)/R [F = airflow in mL/minute; P1 = pressure at point one; P2 = pressure at point two; R = resistance to airflow]
A = f(VT – VD) [ A = alveolar ventilation in mL/minute; f = respiratory rate in breaths/minute; VT = tidal volume in mL/respiration; VD = dead space in mL/respiration]
CO2 + H2O ⇌ (carbonic anhydrase) H2CO3 ⇌ H+ + HCO3-
Hb (reduced hemoglobin) + O2 ⇌ Hb-O2

You also definitely want to know all of the formulas for the volumes and capacities and all that jazz.
ptkid

Post by ptkid »

Kokonilly wrote:
F = (P1 – P2)/R [F = airflow in mL/minute; P1 = pressure at point one; P2 = pressure at point two; R = resistance to airflow]
A = f(VT – VD) [ A = alveolar ventilation in mL/minute; f = respiratory rate in breaths/minute; VT = tidal volume in mL/respiration; VD = dead space in mL/respiration]

You also definitely want to know all of the formulas for the volumes and capacities and all that jazz.
thanks!
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

ptkid wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:

thanks!
Yep! Here is a pretty comprehensive list of all of the volume/capacity stuff. It's pretty important - in fact, I basically had to fill in that exact diagram on my state test.
Sunniday
Division: B
State: OH

Post by Sunniday »

Funny story about my laptop (a MacBook Pro): my coach actually helped me buy it because my partner (her son) and I got gold at state in 2 events. First ever gold medals at state for our underachieving team...
2011: {Regionals/States}- Anatomy 1-1. MagLev N/A-1. Experimental Design 3-6.
2012: {Regionals/States}- Anatomy 1-6. Disease 1-8. Bottle Rockets 1-15. Experimental Design 1-5 Food Science Conflict-2.

BROADWAY AND BALLOON TWISTING FTW (Also Dr. Sheldon Cooper, for the win)
butter side up
State: PA

Post by butter side up »

I have seen questions regarding the Bohr Effect and Haldane Effect, and they are pretty important, although they are not laws.
I am the one called "TARDIS Hat Girl," and am known as such by all.
2013: Anatomy, Experimental Design, Genetics, Forestry, Disease Detectives
ptkid

Post by ptkid »

What did everyone think of the Division B test? We thought we got basically everything right (1 wrong, probably more) and we ended up 19th :cry: Worse than last years... :x
SciBomb97
State: AL

Post by SciBomb97 »

I'm not even sure what we did wrong. I guess we'll find out when they release the nationals tests.
What did you answer for the tie breaker that had the picture of whatever organ that was with the surgical instruments poking around?
-- -- --
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31~

They say that a smile can light up somebody's day
So today, smile
Shine a light in somebody's life
Be that light in the darkness

Return to “2012 Study Events”