tangentline
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Where are you going for colleges?

Post by tangentline »

California State University Sacramento!
Chances are, I can finish my GE in so called "sophomore" (1st year) thanks to AP generosity, or at least the 3 non-math/science courses left in the GE.
Yeah, people say I can do better, but lets see who finishes college first, with the least debt, and land a job--internship with a local company with a job that is in demand shall make it easier.
Oh, and it's less competitive, so the on campus opponents are much easier and acceptance is no worry. I don't need to dorm with a roommate either.
Not to mention, what I'm doing correlates to what I love to do and a couple of the Sci Oly events.
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo »

bearasauras wrote:
ajayd wrote:I'm only in 8th grade, but I wan't to go to MIT
wan't = want not

Yah, I can't agree more.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bear. /facepalm
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
ajohn
Division: B
State: NY

Post by ajohn »

I really can't decide between Harvard or Yale... oh and what about John Hopkins? Anyway, I want to go to college to study neurology and to become a neurosurgeon.
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

ajohn wrote:I really can't decide between Harvard or Yale... oh and what about John Hopkins? Anyway, I want to go to college to study neurology and to become a neurosurgeon.
Why not consider the West Coast? Specifically, California? Even more specifically, Northern California (but maybe bear can convince you otherwise)? I hear there's this really good school... starts with an S... meh, can't remember the name. Just not that school with a golden bear as its mascot; I hear it's subpar compared to this S school. :P
Last edited by Kokonilly on December 5th, 2012, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by iwonder »

Kokonilly wrote:edit != quote
Is that what they teach you at the 'S' school? Wow, I really want to go there now! So deep...

But I'm probably going to apply to MIT and Cornell for EE(sorry bear)... Maybe I'll get in to one :D
juicemanman

Post by juicemanman »

Kokonilly wrote:
ajohn wrote:I really can't decide between Harvard or Yale... oh and what about John Hopkins? Anyway, I want to go to college to study neurology and to become a neurosurgeon.
Why not consider the West Coast? Specifically, California? Even more specifically, Northern California (but maybe bear can convince you otherwise)? I hear there's this really good school... starts with an S... meh, can't remember the name. Just not that school with a golden bear as its mascot; I hear it's subpar compared to this S school. :P
Stanford?
You can't read this. You mad bro?
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by iwonder »

juicemanman wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:
Stanford?
( look at koko's location ;) )
'If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room' - Unknown
juicemanman

Post by juicemanman »

iwonder wrote:( look at koko's location ;) )
Yeah... I knew that.
You can't read this. You mad bro?
ThePrudentGuava
Division: C
State: OK

Post by ThePrudentGuava »

what do you guys/gals think about UC Berkley? Anthropology, to be more specific.
Perfection. That’s what it’s about. It’s those moments. When you can feel the perfection of creation. The beauty of physics, you know, the wonder of mathematics. The elation of action and reaction, and that is the kind of perfection that I want to be connected to.
~Sam Anders
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo »

Anyone else anxiously awaiting MIT early action decisions?
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

Return to “General Chat”