Unofficial Rankings, Division B

DivineBbbbbeast
Division: C
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Post by DivineBbbbbeast »

Food for thought...Why Solon is #1? They've been faltering this year.
Solon High School Class of 2014
Vanderbilt University Class of 2018

2012 Nats: 1st Thermodynamics, 7th Fermi Questions, 28th LoLptics
2013 Nats: 2nd Thermodynamics, 8th Remote Sensing, 9th Fermi Questions
2014 Moral Support :P
captainscioly
State: CA

Post by captainscioly »

More food for thought... if you spend time studying for events instead of posting hypothetical and pointless rankings, maybe your team will beat these top teams!
geminicross
State: GA

Post by geminicross »

Food for thought, if you're not going to contribute to the conversation....don't post :roll:

And in response....until we know how Solon fares at states, they're the all around best team IMHO.
inluvwyth_WANTED

Post by inluvwyth_WANTED »

captainscioly wrote:More food for thought... if you spend time studying for events instead of posting hypothetical and pointless rankings, maybe your team will beat these top teams!
thumbs up
soccerkid812

Post by soccerkid812 »

captainscioly wrote:More food for thought... if you spend time studying for events instead of posting hypothetical and pointless rankings, maybe your team will beat these top teams!
I agree with this statement.
mrburrito
Division: B
State: TN

Post by mrburrito »

Everyone, this page is made so people can see who the top teams are. This is not a pointless page, everyone can see these teams and motivate themselves to make this list! It doesn't take away a whole lot of study time either, 24 hours in a day, I use every one of them. This is a page made for friendly conversation and education, please don't try to squander it. If you have problems with it than you can PM me.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

I think a better point to make would be that someone is always going to disagree with your rankings. That's why college sports rankings have several voters, because everyone's ranking is different. So while it does make an interesting discussion, and I wouldn't call it pointless, you're not going to please everyone.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
DivineBbbbbeast
State: OH

Post by DivineBbbbbeast »

Chillax bro, I study a lot for my events. Anyways, I was posing a hypothetical situation. I personally think that Marie Murphy, Daniel Wright, and Shady Side will definitely pose as contenders against Solon. Both MM and DW are pretty new teams, I've never heard of them until this last few years. Solon's main advantage is that they have so many years of experience, and that probably most their members have been to a Nationals before. However, now that the Illinois teams have that experience, it'll get interesting to see. Shady Side has performed especially well this year. Unlike Solon's event bombing, Shady Side remains relatively consistent in their placings, allowing them to win Wright State by a good margin. So if I were to rank, I'd go:
1. MM
2. Shady Side
3. Solon
4. DW
5. Meads Mill
Solon High School Class of 2014
Vanderbilt University Class of 2018

2012 Nats: 1st Thermodynamics, 7th Fermi Questions, 28th LoLptics
2013 Nats: 2nd Thermodynamics, 8th Remote Sensing, 9th Fermi Questions
2014 Moral Support :P
geminicross
State: GA

Post by geminicross »

How is Daniel Wright ranked above Booth, if they've never beaten Booth at Nats?
infidescientiam
Division: B

Post by infidescientiam »

geminicross wrote:How is Daniel Wright ranked above Booth, if they've never beaten Booth at Nats?
Daniel Wright did in fact "beat" Booth at the Wright State Invite. It was a surprise, since Booth had taken 3rd at 2012 Nationals and Daniel Wright took 6th; but seeing the performance of both teams at an Invitational that was regarded to be at a near-"national" level the results were definite- Booth took 8th as Daniel Wright took 2nd. However, I believe no one can strictly judge the rankings from invitationals since Booth may have had a bad day, didn't have all its members, or other mishaps all teams encounter at these "not serious" competitions which don't count (i.e. Regionals, States, Nationals).

Return to “2013 Nationals”