Pennsylvania 2013

Toms_42
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pennsylvania 2013

Post by Toms_42 »

Sorry about any arguments sciolapedia caused, in his defense, he tends to be little bit impulsive, I don't believe he meant it seriously, but more as a way to get everyone pumped for states. I meant, who isn't anxious for Friday right now?

And no, I can't wait for the smoothies either. I hope I have time to get one!
havenguy

Post by havenguy »

Toms_42 wrote:Sorry about any arguments sciolapedia caused, in his defense, he tends to be little bit impulsive, I don't believe he meant it seriously, but more as a way to get everyone pumped for states. I meant, who isn't anxious for Friday right now?

One??? Last year, I got 5. The year before that, I got 4. :D :D :D (I know, I tend to overindulge, but they're that good :) )
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2020
Strath Haven High School Class of 2016

2016 States Results:
Invasive Species: 1st
Dynamic Planet: 1st
Disease Detectives: 5th
Anatomy: 6th

Team Place: 4th
Toms_42

Post by Toms_42 »

havenguy wrote:
Toms_42 wrote:Sorry about any arguments sciolapedia caused, in his defense, he tends to be little bit impulsive, I don't believe he meant it seriously, but more as a way to get everyone pumped for states. I meant, who isn't anxious for Friday right now?

One??? Last year, I got 5. The year before that, I got 4. :D :D :D (I know, I tend to overindulge, but they're that good :) )
:shock: did you even compete in your events or did you just sit there all day drinking smoothies lol! :lol:
Jdogg

Post by Jdogg »

Toms_42 wrote:
havenguy wrote:

:shock: did you even compete in your events or did you just sit there all day drinking smoothies lol! :lol:
haha
Harriton Class of 2013
Vice-Deputy of Avionics and Control for Lunar Lion
Assistant Coach of State College High School
havenguy

Post by havenguy »

Toms_42 wrote:
havenguy wrote:

:D

I don't know about your team, but we arrive at the campus on Thursday, which gives me a chance to go on a smoothie-buying splurge before Friday. I'll also usually get 1 or 2 after the competition is over.

Oh yeah, at Southeastern PA Regionals this year, they announced the events randomly (meaning not in alphabetical order). Are they doing this at States? I really enjoyed that, since all 6 of my events are in the first 11 spots. Also, it was way more exciting that way.
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2020
Strath Haven High School Class of 2016

2016 States Results:
Invasive Species: 1st
Dynamic Planet: 1st
Disease Detectives: 5th
Anatomy: 6th

Team Place: 4th
cconry
Division: B

Post by cconry »

I know the professor who wrote the GeoLogic Mapping test for PA and he suggested these links to help with studying:

http://www4.uwsp.edu/geo/projects/geowe ... LABMAN.HTM

video on stereonet basics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvqSsgyCS8
Sciolapedia
Division: C

Post by Sciolapedia »

sorry about all the problems i had created, I meant what i said as a joke. :( . I hope we can all just forget about this mishap and get back to preparing for states. I can say the same for ckssv07. We were both just joking with eachother since were from the same team. See y'all at the meaning at states. :D
Jdogg

Post by Jdogg »

Harriton Class of 2013
Vice-Deputy of Avionics and Control for Lunar Lion
Assistant Coach of State College High School
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

cconry wrote:I know the professor who wrote the GeoLogic Mapping test for PA and he suggested these links to help with studying:

http://www4.uwsp.edu/geo/projects/geowe ... LABMAN.HTM

video on stereonet basics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvqSsgyCS8
Wait, you're getting Geomaps in div B O.O. I mean, I feel like especially given those two links (I have pages of others...gah, why can't summer just come, so I can write the wiki) that helps a lot. But idk...I feel like it is more of a Div C event (I feel like it's giving Div B'ers some Div C event...>.>).
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
Toms_42

Post by Toms_42 »

regarding a "meet up" at states:

how should I format a name tag? just my username? should it say scioly? what? (I'll be pretty conspicuous anyways, as I'll be wearing my gyarados hat :D but still...) also what will be discussed during said "meet up?" I hope it doesn't turn into an awkward group of people who don't want to be the first to strike conversation...

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”