Maryland 2013

Hosj
Division: C
State: MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Maryland 2013

Post by Hosj »

Cenntenial got 19th place and placed 4th in chemistry lab, 2nd in circuit lab, and 3rd in remote sensing
North Bethesda got 32nd place and placed 2nd in meteorology

Let's hear it for all the Maryland Teams!!!
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
Nationals 2014:Hydrogeology 8th, Game On 25th
MrX
Division: Grad

Post by MrX »

Great showing by Centennial and NB. I feel a bit better about WJ's future. Who did Anatomy and Disease Detectives for NB by the way?
Walter Johnson HS '12
CaRoLyN_s
Division: B

Post by CaRoLyN_s »

I was on the DD team for NB! 14th! :D
<3 disease detectives, 1st year doing science olympiad and it is the BEST event ever ;)
2014 Events:
Disease Detectives
Sounds of Music
Meteorology
Simple Machines
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

CaRoLyN_s wrote:I was on the DD team for NB! 14th! :D
<3 disease detectives, 1st year doing science olympiad and it is the BEST event ever ;)
No, that would be Meteorology or Awesome Aquifers.
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
knittingfrenzy18
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: B

Post by knittingfrenzy18 »

I haven't jumped on these forums for months, but I heard of the 32nd place by NB recently and I just want to say congratulations! It must have been hard work. :)
Pilgrimage Homeschool Division B, Maryland
Visited 2012 and 2014 National Tournaments, 5th place Sounds of Music 2014
http://knittingfrenzy18.wordpress.com
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

knittingfrenzy18 wrote:I haven't jumped on these forums for months, but I heard of the 32nd place by NB recently and I just want to say congratulations! It must have been hard work. :)
Next year should be interesting. I predict a stronger showing by Urbana, Bohemia Manor will be a player, NB will be a tad weaker, and Pilgramgage will be much weaker as the team ages and moves to division C.
So, based on that, I predict states results

North Bethesda
Urbana
Pilgramage
Bohemia Manor.

Knitting, what grade are you in? Are you still a division B'er?

Also, does anybody else find it funny that Maryland has so many posts even though we aren't a very competitive state?
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

Hosj wrote: Also, does anybody else find it funny that Maryland has so many posts even though we aren't a very competitive state?
Maybe since last year it was one point in both divisions and this year 4 points (if I remember correctly) in division B, people discuss it because there isn't one team that is always going to win?

Or maybe there are just enough MD people occasionally scanning the forums that it makes for a discussion.
Exothermic reactions? I studied them before they were cool.
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

Slarik wrote:
Hosj wrote: Also, does anybody else find it funny that Maryland has so many posts even though we aren't a very competitive state?
Maybe since last year it was one point in both divisions and this year 4 points (if I remember correctly) in division B, people discuss it because there isn't one team that is always going to win?

Or maybe there are just enough MD people occasionally scanning the forums that it makes for a discussion.
Maybe because 90 percent of the thread is you and KnittingFrenzy reassuring me that NB's excessive cheering is okay. :lol:

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”