Scioly Assassination 101: The Rise

Cedavis6
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 101: The Rise

Post by Cedavis6 »

Makeithappen wrote:I protect forever because of this excerpt from wikipedia about the 14th Dali Lama
Around the world, institutions face pressure from China not to accept him. He has spoken about the environment, economics, women's rights, non-violence, interfaith dialog,physics, astronomy, reproductive health, sexuality along with various Mahayana and Vajrayana topics.
She can' t be killed. She's a mod.
Makeithappen
Division: B
State: IL

Post by Makeithappen »

Okay, never realized she was a mod, and Little told me already officers are allowed to change a protect, so maybe it has something to do with astronomey?
Invites: 2nd in Dynamic Planet and Water Quality
6th place Food Science Solon Invite
Regionals: 4th place Food Science, 3rd place Dynamic Planet 2nd place Water Qualtiy
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Technically, forever is a wikimod, so I don't know what the protocol is for that.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Cedavis6

Post by Cedavis6 »

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Technically, forever is a wikimod, so I don't know what the protocol is for that.
'Tis still a mod, no?

IDK, I don't really like that rule that much, because I don't think it should matter whether or not it is specifically them who are killed, but whatevs. Don't wanna have an argument about that rule.

I think that this clue may have something to do with Se7en, who is Korean and sung songs called "I Miss You" and "Come Back to Me".

Is it just me, or are we all missing something?
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Cedavis6 wrote:
EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Technically, forever is a wikimod, so I don't know what the protocol is for that.
'Tis still a mod, no?

IDK, I don't really like that rule that much, because I don't think it should matter whether or not it is specifically them who are killed, but whatevs. Don't wanna have an argument about that rule.
It's mainly because we mods have the power to see who's posting as the Assassinator. The wiki mods don't have powers on the board so they can't see. So when a mod is targeted/killed, then we have ways to make it less likely that you will continue to be a successful Assassinator. ;)
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote: It's mainly because we mods have the power to see who's posting as the Assassinator. The wiki mods don't have powers on the board so they can't see. So when a mod is targeted/killed, then we have ways to make it less likely that you will continue to be a successful Assassinator. ;)
1. I will leave this for you, but know that I will not be targeting any staff member of Scioly.

2. There is only one instance in which I will allow you to change your protect and that is when you accidentally protect a staff member. In that case you will be able to change your protect. If I catch anyone changing their protection, I will give a punishment that I deem fit, ranging from taking away all accusations to removing them as an officer.

3. A question was asked about transferring accusations. Once an officer has earned 3 accusations, they can private message me with the name of the officer who they want to be given their extra protection.

4. All current inquiries about the clue are incorrect so far and all protects will be cleared. You will be given an extra day to solve the clue. (Capitalization means nothing.)

P.S. Points 2 and 3 will be added to the rules.
mogus
EpicFailOlympian
State: MO

Post by EpicFailOlympian »

The precedent is that mods/admins can be killed, and most don't care. Really, there isn't really a reason to ruin a game just for that reason. It was a silly mention it in the first place, arguably giving gh the idea to ruin some of the first games.
20:05~<EpicFailOlympian> On this day, in the third age of man, EpicFailOlympian has posted. Let there be rejoicing in the streets and cake for all.

<roboefo> (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<robobear> well u know what efo, the table's angry
<robobear> ┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \)I am 97th Assassinator
Littleboy
Division: C
State: MI

Post by Littleboy »

Makeithappen wrote:Okay, never realized she was a mod, and Little told me already officers are NOT allowed to change a protect, so maybe it has something to do with astronomey?
Fix'd
Cedavis6

Post by Cedavis6 »

Getting back to the clue:
What if these are all plays on words?
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

EpicFailOlympian wrote:The precedent is that mods/admins can be killed, and most don't care. Really, there isn't really a reason to ruin a game just for that reason. It was a silly mention it in the first place, arguably giving gh the idea to ruin some of the first games.
That's true, but it's still fun for us to hold the threat of it over your heads.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

Return to “Assassinator Games”