Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by iwonder »

Luo wrote:
syo_astro wrote:
Skink wrote:It's a dummy account testing something, then.
It's the result of having a stinking underscore in your username -_-. Why of all the characters...>.<. Oh well, 'tis life. Also...poptart, GNS o.O. PM/explain please?
You should PM one of the site admins to request a name change if you want! I changed my name from "luo" to "Luo" awhile back.
Lucky... I've been told no name changes. :cry:
'If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room' - Unknown
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL

Post by Skink »

But you have a cool, unique name...
fozendog
State: WA
Been thanked: 0

Post by fozendog »

iwonder wrote:
Lucky... I've been told no name changes. :cry:
Iwonder why you would want a name change...
Stanford '19
Camas Science Olympiad Alumnus
Events: Protein Modeling, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality
Cedavis6

Post by Cedavis6 »

quizbowl, what is your avatar supposed to be?

Yes, I see that it is some kid in the snow. Who is it/ what is it supposed to signify?
TheGenius
State: KS

Post by TheGenius »

Is anyone else getting worried about AP Scores? I chose essay 3 on APUSH...
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

ThePrudentGuava
State: OK

Post by ThePrudentGuava »

I'm thinking that I'm gonna apply to Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics. It's just the fact that I'll be away for my junior and senior years cause it's in OKC. For those you who don't live in Oklahoma, {oh wait that's everyone besides me on here} OSSM is a state-funded residential college-prep high school. It has a good reputation and I looked at their courses and they have some really interesting ones. The tricky thing will be convincing my parents who have this annoying habit of wanting to be near me. (yes, that was sarcasm. I know that it's just the parental response)
Perfection. That’s what it’s about. It’s those moments. When you can feel the perfection of creation. The beauty of physics, you know, the wonder of mathematics. The elation of action and reaction, and that is the kind of perfection that I want to be connected to.
~Sam Anders
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

TheGenius wrote:Is anyone else getting worried about AP Scores? I chose essay 3 on APUSH...
I can see the Question 3's potential to trip you up. It's a really broad topic covering a fairly uninteresting period of time. Your mind immediately jumps to the war of 1812, but then that wasn't really increasing insomuch as defending its interests. Then there's the Louisiana Purchase, but that seems to be domestic rather than foreign. So those two might be a couple of traps, unless you can effectively argue that they had positive large-scale global impacts for America.

But who knows? I may have forgotten some very important part of APUSH, since I took it a couple years ago.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by Skink »

Interesting link there.
The fallacy that AP Environmental Science is the "easy AP science exam" continues; it has the lowest scores of any AP science exam.
I know I've before said this. Still, the irony there is the easiest exam can still generate the worst scoring distribution...perhaps because the dedicated students are probably less likely to take that one.
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

ThePrudentGuava wrote:The tricky thing will be convincing my parents who have this annoying habit of wanting to be near me. (yes, that was sarcasm. I know that it's just the parental response)
Ah, parents and their "What?! We're not going to see you for about six months?!"
ThePrudentGuava
State: OK

Post by ThePrudentGuava »

Kokonilly wrote:
ThePrudentGuava wrote:The tricky thing will be convincing my parents who have this annoying habit of wanting to be near me. (yes, that was sarcasm. I know that it's just the parental response)
Ah, parents and their "What?! We're not going to see you for about six months?!"
I'd see them on open weekends when they shut down the dorms and make us go see our families. And on the breaks, except for about 3 weeks in the summer because I intend to do a research mentorship with someone at OSU/OU.
Perfection. That’s what it’s about. It’s those moments. When you can feel the perfection of creation. The beauty of physics, you know, the wonder of mathematics. The elation of action and reaction, and that is the kind of perfection that I want to be connected to.
~Sam Anders

Return to “General Chat”