Swap Meet!

silverheart7
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Swap Meet!

Post by silverheart7 »

One of my favorite parts of Nationals last year was swap meet, because it was fun to meet so many people from different states. I'm proposing we all wear nametags with our scioly username, so we can all identify each other and get a chance to talk. Is anyone else up for this? Another idea would be writing it on the card with your name in the pouch if UCF does that, since I've only been to the Wright State tournament and I don't know what is normally given out.
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
Astroknight
Division: C
State: TN

Re: Swap Meet!

Post by Astroknight »

silverheart7 wrote:One of my favorite parts of Nationals last year was swap meet, because it was fun to meet so many people from different states. I'm proposing we all wear nametags with our scioly username, so we can all identify each other and get a chance to talk. Is anyone else up for this? Another idea would be writing it on the card with your name in the pouch if UCF does that, since I've only been to the Wright State tournament and I don't know what is normally given out.

What pouch and card are you talking about? I've never been, but I'll know on Saturday. We have a pretty good chance of making it.
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design
robotman
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by robotman »

You guys should think about getting Scioly T-Shirts, the goal was to get them out to those who order them in time for nationals.
Edit the Wiki.
Upload to the Image Gallery
[medals]Get Medals[/medals]
[chat][/chat]
fozendog
State: WA

Post by fozendog »

Astroknight wrote:
silverheart7 wrote:One of my favorite parts of Nationals last year was swap meet, because it was fun to meet so many people from different states. I'm proposing we all wear nametags with our scioly username, so we can all identify each other and get a chance to talk. Is anyone else up for this? Another idea would be writing it on the card with your name in the pouch if UCF does that, since I've only been to the Wright State tournament and I don't know what is normally given out.

What pouch and card are you talking about? I've never been, but I'll know on Saturday. We have a pretty good chance of making it.
The past two Nats. there have been lanyards with holders for a name tag/school name. Pretty good idea, actually.
Stanford '19
Camas Science Olympiad Alumnus
Events: Protein Modeling, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality
Astroknight
Division: C
State: TN

Post by Astroknight »

robotman wrote:You guys should think about getting Scioly T-Shirts, the goal was to get them out to those who order them in time for nationals.
Aren't the team shirts protocol for everything Nationals? (except the awards ceremony).
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design
FawnOnyx
State: MN

Post by FawnOnyx »

Astroknight wrote:
robotman wrote:You guys should think about getting Scioly T-Shirts, the goal was to get them out to those who order them in time for nationals.
Aren't the team shirts protocol for everything Nationals? (except the awards ceremony).
Nope, they're not required at any time really, but most teams wear their shirts at competition on Saturday.

How about we designate a place at the swap meet to meet? I think that's been done before (though I haven't been to a scioly.org meetup yet)
Mounds View Science Olympiad Alumnus, 2011-2014
MIT Science Olympiad Volunteer
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by PacificGoldenPlover »

I probably won't be at the swap meet, but perhaps sometime during the lunch hour, we could meet up at some predetermined place (of course wearing our new scioly.org shirts- you all did order them didn't you? ;) )
Last edited by PacificGoldenPlover on April 9th, 2014, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)
FawnOnyx
State: MN

Post by FawnOnyx »

PacificGoldenPlover wrote:I probably won't be at the swap meet, but perhaps sometime during the lunch hour, we could meet up at some predetermined place (of course wearing our new scioly.org shirts- you did order them didn't you? ;) )
I did indeed order one :D
Not sure what we're doing yet for lunch on Friday but yeah that might work!
Mounds View Science Olympiad Alumnus, 2011-2014
MIT Science Olympiad Volunteer
silverheart7
State: NY

Post by silverheart7 »

PacificGoldenPlover wrote:I probably won't be at the swap meet, but perhaps sometime during the lunch hour, we could meet up at some predetermined place (of course wearing our new scioly.org shirts- you all did order them didn't you? ;) )
I'll try not to scare you again...

But if you see me, come say hi! I promise I'm friendly.
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
Crazy Puny Man
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

FawnOnyx wrote:
PacificGoldenPlover wrote:I probably won't be at the swap meet, but perhaps sometime during the lunch hour, we could meet up at some predetermined place (of course wearing our new scioly.org shirts- you did order them didn't you? ;) )
I did indeed order one :D
Not sure what we're doing yet for lunch on Friday but yeah that might work!
There's no built-in lunch hour for UCF like there was at WSU :( I'll probably have to see you all at the awards ceremony since I won't have time for lunch anyway

Return to “2014 Nationals”