Unofficial Rankings C

havenbreadfish
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings C

Post by havenbreadfish »

mk3966 wrote:It seems like the trend on here is using last year's top ten with the addition of one team in place of Ward Melville. As a relatively new member (first year in Scioly), I'm just wondering is this how things tend to play out? With practically the same top 10 (just jumbled around a bit)?
I've noticed that the predictions that look the best to me are the ones that look the most like the previous year's actual results, and I'd assume that most other people are the same way.

It's really difficult to gauge how each team will do, especially given the fact that the only time teams from out of state compete against each other is at invitationals, and those are so early in the season.
Strath Haven Science Olympiad - 6th Year

2016 Events: Invasive Species, Dynamic Planet, Green Generation, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Hydrogeology
Past Events: Road Scholar, Heredity, Water Quality, DP, Ecology, Microbe Mission, Entomology
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

mk3966 wrote:It seems like the trend on here is using last year's top ten with the addition of one team in place of Ward Melville. As a relatively new member (first year in Scioly), I'm just wondering is this how things tend to play out? With practically the same top 10 (just jumbled around a bit)?
http://www.soinc.org/past_tournament_results
Compare them, and you'll see that things only really change majorly after about a decade.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
chinesesushi
State: CA

Post by chinesesushi »

so the iolani results have been released, with seve lakes, solon, troy, centerville, harriton, etc. competing... that should be a good indicator?
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.
fozendog
State: WA

Post by fozendog »

chinesesushi wrote:so the iolani results have been released, with seve lakes, solon, troy, centerville, harriton, etc. competing... that should be a good indicator?
I can't speak for all the teams, but ours had a lot of people unable to take the tests conventionally and they had to take them on the bus ride to state/over our spring break, so it was difficult. But hey, you never know, they could be very good indicators... :?
Stanford '19
Camas Science Olympiad Alumnus
Events: Protein Modeling, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality
Crazy Puny Man
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

fozendog wrote:
chinesesushi wrote:so the iolani results have been released, with seve lakes, solon, troy, centerville, harriton, etc. competing... that should be a good indicator?
I can't speak for all the teams, but ours had a lot of people unable to take the tests conventionally and they had to take them on the bus ride to state/over our spring break, so it was difficult. But hey, you never know, they could be very good indicators... :?
Have they all been released? I only know of a few events that have been scored and ranked
chinesesushi

Post by chinesesushi »

No, not all of them have been released, but a lot of them have. Conestoga and Munster are both beating Harriton, Seven Lakes, F-M.
1. Troy
2. Solon
3. Centerville
4. Munster Red
5. Conestoga Garnet
6. Harriton
7. Seven Lakes A
8. F-M
9. Brookwood
10. Mentor Red
Keep in mind that some of the results have not been released.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
BuildistFromTheNorth

Post by BuildistFromTheNorth »

To be honest I also expect to see Mira Loma up there on the list. Not exactly sure how high up but it's definitely a strong possibility in my opinion
Mira Loma High School
Scrambler, Air Trajectory, Geo Mapping, Bungee
chinesesushi

Post by chinesesushi »

Mira Loma didn't compete...
AJTheGreat1729
State: IL

Post by AJTheGreat1729 »

http://so-state-results.weebly.com/
Here are the results. I made a little website for Illinois state and Iolani.
2014 R/S/N
Entomology 2/3/x
Road Scholar 2/3/x
Experimental 5/8/x
Team 1/2/x

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
[witty comment][/witty comment]
XJcwolfyX