Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: IA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2014 National Tournament: University of Central Florida

Post by zyzzyva980 »

I'm not going, but when we went to UCF in 2012 we met up during the swap meet downstairs in the lobby of the arena, in front of the main entrance. I'd suggest that you guys meet up then and there, since it worked rather well in 2012.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
Phys1cs
State: MD

Post by Phys1cs »

Good luck to everyone competing this weekend, have an amazing time!
silverheart7
State: NY

Post by silverheart7 »

Hey, everyone! Congratulations, we're nearing the end of the season :D This is my seccond time going to Nationals, and I am so unbelievably excited. I got to meet so many people during the trip last year from scioly (though I somehow missed foreverphysics completely), and I'd love to get to see you guys again. Say hi if you recognize me from last year, or if you just figure me out (not too hard, just look for the Gelinas girl with the longest hair). All I'm doing is Bridge Building this time, so I'll be somewhere wandering around campus. I'd love to chat with all of you, and I also will give hugs with your permission.

I'll also be handing out wristbands. As many of you know, our high school team was disqualified from the New York State tournament this year because of something that was in no way the fault of the students (see http://jakewelde.com/petition for more information). Gelinas will have over 1000 wristbands total throughout swap meet and the competition for anyone who would like to wear one in support of their hard work. They are absolutely free (no trading necessary), although we'd like to see people actually using them at some point during Nationals. All attending members should have some to give out, but those with leadership positions will almost definetely have more than enough for entire schools. If there are any questions, just ask!

So, I'll see you guys in just a few days! :D Feel free to say hi.
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
hc1220
Division: B
State: MO

Post by hc1220 »

I'd love to meet all of you from scioly at nationals, and good luck to everyone! When is everyone going? We're taking a bus so were leaving early Thursday morning and staying until Sunday night.
2014: Ladue Middle- 8th at nats!
A Person
State: KY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by A Person »

hc1220 wrote:I'd love to meet all of you from scioly at nationals, and good luck to everyone! When is everyone going? We're taking a bus so were leaving early Thursday morning and staying until Sunday night.
My school is leaving tonight (Weds), and staying until Sunday night. That way we drive at night.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: MI

Post by John Richardsim »

hc1220 wrote:When is everyone going? We're taking a bus so were leaving early Thursday morning and staying until Sunday night.
My team is taking a plane down to Florida, and we have to be at the airport in a couple of hours. We're also not flying back until Monday, because flying back on Sunday would cost about $200 more per person
hc1220

Post by hc1220 »

John Richardsim wrote:
hc1220 wrote:When is everyone going? We're taking a bus so were leaving early Thursday morning and staying until Sunday night.
My team is taking a plane down to Florida, and we have to be at the airport in a couple of hours. We're also not flying back until Monday, because flying back on Sunday would cost about $200 more per person
That's smart. We're staying at atlanta, Georgia for a night there and back.so we don't get back until late Monday night. Is your team gonna go anywhere fun?
Toms_42
State: PA

Post by Toms_42 »

our team has a two day bus trip from Pittsburgh that left today, but due to finals/AP week/other important stuff, all of the freshmen (including myself) are flying down Thursday.
hc1220

Post by hc1220 »

I'm flying down friday because of a soccer game haha
CircuitsNerd
Division: C
State: NY

Post by CircuitsNerd »

Hey SciO Community,

Gelinas SciO will be distributing silicone wristbands that support Ward Melville SciO during the swap meet. They will be wearing black t-shirts and dark hats, and are team number 9 in B Division. Please stop by their table and ask for a wristband!
This is part of Ward Melville SciO’s desire that the NY State Science Olympiad change its hard deadline policy, which has disqualified 3 teams from competing at states in the past four years it has been in place.

And of course, good luck at nationals everybody!

Return to “2014 Nationals”