Chem Lab C

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Chem Lab C

Post by Jim_R »

-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
09821qh
Division: C
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chem Lab C

Post by 09821qh »

Who's excited for this event!? Do any of you know what to expect for kinetics :roll:
computergeek3
State: PA

Post by computergeek3 »

09821qh wrote:Who's excited for this event!? Do any of you know what to expect for kinetics :roll:
What I would expect for kinetics is determining reaction order (0 order, 1st order, 2nd order) and determining rates of reactions. Additionally, I would expect to find questions about figuring out the rate-determining step of a system of reactions and how that affects the rate of the overall reaction. Any AP/IB textbook should have further explanations of all of that stuff!
If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough. -Albert Einstein

Bayard Rustin Science Olympiad 2010-2014
Pittsburgh Allderdice Assistant Coach
09821qh

Post by 09821qh »

Thank you! Also, according to the rules, I think determining rate laws will only be for state and national level but just to be safe, I'll be sure to practice them anyway :D
Crazy Puny Man
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

09821qh wrote:Thank you! Also, according to the rules, I think determining rate laws will only be for state and national level but just to be safe, I'll be sure to practice them anyway :D
I don't even think determining rate laws is the hardest part of kinetics, so that part puzzles me...
mej710
State: NY

Post by mej710 »

What are the topics for this year?
XJcwolfyX

Post by XJcwolfyX »

stoich and kinetics
Medal Counter: 73
SWAnG
State: MN

Post by SWAnG »

For exponents and logarithims there is a special rule for sig figs. Are we expected to utilize this or not?
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

SWAnG wrote:For exponents and logarithims there is a special rule for sig figs. Are we expected to utilize this or not?

SO has an official SigFig policy on the website at: http://soinc.org/sites/default/files/up ... 2-5-12.pdf

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
SWAnG
State: MN

Post by SWAnG »

chalker wrote:
SWAnG wrote:For exponents and logarithims there is a special rule for sig figs. Are we expected to utilize this or not?

SO has an official SigFig policy on the website at: http://soinc.org/sites/default/files/up ... 2-5-12.pdf
Thanks! I'm assuming we use the multiplication/division rules for exponents and logarithms then?

Return to “2015 Lab Events”