Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0

Re: Air Trajectory B/C

Post by John Richardsim »

chalker wrote:
chinesesushi wrote:Whoever edited the wiki, Airjectory =/= Air Trajectory. The trial event at nationals last year was not the event that is being held this year.
It's very similar. However, the reason we changed the name was because there was another trial event several years ago named Airjectory that involved 1 liter bottles which is quite different from this year's event (which we trialed at nationals last year)
Yeah, I don't think it's really that big of a deal. However chinesesushi, if you would like to sit down and type out a separate page for Airjectory, be my guest.
gravedigger
Been thanked: 0

Post by gravedigger »

So excited about Air Trajectory.

Looking at the older images for the airjectory and was wondering if there are examples of prototypes from prior events if someone can share.

Cheers
1nxtmonster
Division: B
State: PA

Post by 1nxtmonster »

Looking forward to this event!
UQOnyx
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ

Post by UQOnyx »

I just got the rules for Air Trajectory (yay!). I just wanted to make sure I understood the rules correctly (Not a clarification, just want to make sure I understand). Construuction rules state that the allowable energy to power launch equals the falling force of 5000 Kg... This means gravity right? Meaning the real force would be 5000 Kg multiplied by the force of gravity, right?
Noor-ul-Iman School

2012 Events:
Forestry
Storm The Castle

2013 Events:
Boomilever
Shock Value
Forestry

I know the voices aren't real, but they have some great ideas..
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Any parts of your device that decrease in potential energy when triggered must have a mass less than 3.500 kg (Div. C) or 5.000 kg (Div. B).
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: TX

Post by iwonder »

UQOnyx wrote:I just got the rules for Air Trajectory (yay!). I just wanted to make sure I understood the rules correctly (Not a clarification, just want to make sure I understand). Construuction rules state that the allowable force to power launch equals the falling force of 5000 g... This means gravity right? Meaning the real force would be 5000 g multiplied by the acceleration of gravity, right?
Yes. 5kg is the division B limit.

(sorry I've had a lot of physics work in the past month so I've gotten a little picky :P )
'If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room' - Unknown
slapyou512

Post by slapyou512 »

Hey so I was wondering if anyone knows if its okay to have multiple string launch systems? I was planning on one to pull a plate out to drop the weight and one to turn a valve, is that okay? Please help
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

By rules 3. e. and 4. b., which do not prohibit multiple string launch systems, it seems like that would be allowed.

Seeing that you are a new member, please understand that no opinions on this site are official. The only place for official clarifications is through the official website.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
retired1
State: FL

Post by retired1 »

As long as the power came from the falling weight and was converted to air pressure which somehow (but not necessarily directly) propelled the ball.
retired1
State: FL

Post by retired1 »

I took another look at the rules. Definitely submit it for a clarification. I can see it as not being contestable if both cords were tie into a single pulled cord. The cord could conceivably release the weight and with a bit more pull, turn the valve. I assume that you are thinking of a ball valve. If so, how do you plan to loosen it up so it can turn the 90 degrees without disturbing the aim?

Return to “2015 Build Events”