Maryland 2015

CHS_TaylorSwift
Division: C
State: MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Maryland 2015

Post by CHS_TaylorSwift »

Hi everyone from Maryland! Super excited for this year's Scioly season - what kind of invitationals have you guys been going to and how did they turn out? We're looking for more invitationals that we could possibly compete in next year.

p.s. predictions for regionals/states this year? :)
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Maryland 2015

Post by bernard »

Not from Maryland, but so excited to see a new state thread!
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

Unfortunately I don't now enough about Maryland to have any predictions (all I know is that you don't have many teams but you're way more competitive than most of the small states).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
GoldenKnight1
Coach
Coach
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by GoldenKnight1 »

CHS_TaylorSwift wrote:Hi everyone from Maryland! Super excited for this year's Scioly season - what kind of invitationals have you guys been going to and how did they turn out? We're looking for more invitationals that we could possibly compete in next year.

Centennial was at the Battle of Valley Forge in PA and North Bethesda will be at the Rustin Invitational this year. Some Maryland teams also compete in the Tiger Invitational near Allentown PA.
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

CHS_TaylorSwift wrote:Hi everyone from Maryland! Super excited for this year's Scioly season - what kind of invitationals have you guys been going to and how did they turn out? We're looking for more invitationals that we could possibly compete in next year.

We went to Fairfax and Cougar, as well as NCS tomorrow. As for regionals/states, I don't know enough about what Centennial/River Hill have going this year, but WJ is obviously a pretty good contender, although we lost a bunch of good seniors this year.
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
Nationals 2014:Hydrogeology 8th, Game On 25th
CHS_TaylorSwift

Post by CHS_TaylorSwift »

noooooooo regionals have been postponed due to the inclement weather
asthedeer

Post by asthedeer »

Why is this thread so silent this year? :P
Pilgrimage Homeschool Science Olympiad 2017!!!
Anatomy, ExD, Rocks and Minerals, Helicopters.

Check out my blog!
rockandminerals4him.wordpress.com

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
~God, Jeremiah 29:11
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

states tomorrow! :?
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

Hosj wrote:

We went to Fairfax and Cougar, as well as NCS tomorrow. As for regionals/states, I don't know enough about what Centennial/River Hill have going this year, but WJ is obviously a pretty good contender, although we lost a bunch of good seniors this year.
pilgrimage....
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

Congrats Pilgrimage B and C for the win! Hope you guys enjoy nationals!

This was a really tough year, and I think it shows that Maryland is slowly becoming a more competitive state. In C, Pilgrimage, WJ, Centennial, River Hill, and RM all put up a good fight for the top 3 places. I wasn't following B all that closely but it seemed fairly close between NB and Pilgrimage.

It is really surprising that this thread was so quiet this year. In past years it has been a good 3-5 pages.

Return to “2015 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”