Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
boomvroomshroom
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Scioly Achievement List

Post by boomvroomshroom »

Have you ever done any of the following?

CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Start studying for an event 24 hours before competition
MEGA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Start studying for an event the day of competition
ULTRA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Don't start working until the day of Nationals
SPEEDBUILD ACHIEVEMENT: Your engineering device breaks in transit, so you rebuild the whole thing at competition
SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT: Finish half of your test or more in the last 15 minutes
SPEED REDO ACHIEVEMENT: Accidentally skip a question/station on your answer sheet, so you end up having to redo everything after it
*Bonus points if you medaled; extra bonus points if you got gold!

FLYING SOLO ACHIEVEMENT: Take a test without a cheat sheet or binder
EULER ACHIEVEMENT: Take a calculation-based test without a calculator
ANCIENT EGYPT ACHIEVEMENT: Handwrite your whole cheat sheet…
ANCIENT SUMER ACHIEVEMENT: …on clay tablets
NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHIEVEMENT: The equation (or information) is not on your cheat sheet, so you derive it (or reason it out) during the test
GUESTIMATION ACHIEVEMENT: Your engineering device did not require use of a ruler/protractor/standard measurement tool
REVERSE ENGINEERING ACHIEVEMENT: Your blueprint was created after your engineering device was built
*Bonus points if you medaled; extra bonus points if you got gold!

BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Know that you did horribly in an event, but still medal, probably because no one else knew what they were doing either
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: Completely guess an answer for a multiple choice/matching question and be right
BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: Completely make up a number or term to a free-response question and actually be right
BS ACHIEVEMENT: Make up your own theory to a Short Essay question and get full points for the question

O2 ACHIEVEMENT: Win 2 events with the same partner
N2 ACHIEVEMENT: Win 3 events with the same partner
HOST ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event with a completely useless partner
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event as the completely useless partner
STUDY EVENT PARASITISM ACHIEVEMENT: Use a binder/notes/cheat sheet made by a previous team member instead of your own
EVENT POLYGON ACHIEVEMENT: You are partnered with B, who is partnered with C, and so on…until N is partnered with you
PARASITE POLYGON ACHIEVEMENT: see Event POLYGON, but you carry B, who carries C, who carries you

UNCONTESTED ACHIEVEMENT: Beat the 2nd place team by a ridiculous margin
RAGE ACHIEVEMENT: Actually get first in an event (raw score) but don't get the medal because graders screwed up
'MURICA ACHIEVEMENT: Win 3rd, 2nd, and 1st in same competition
SWEEP ACHIEVEMENT: Win 1st at Regionals, State, and Nationals
CONSISTENCY ACHIEVEMENT: Get the same placing in the same event
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: Get lost on the way to competition/at competition site when trying to find your rooms

POWER COUPLE AWARD: Medal in an event with your significant other
LOVE MAKES YOU DUMB AWARD: Don't medal in an event, probably because your significant other was doing that event, too
AYUMU ACHIEVEMENT: Memorize a textbook
AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: Have the prettiest engineering device, regardless of how well it works
ANTI-AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: Have the ugliest engineering device, preferably one held together entirely by tape – ultra bonus points if you end up winning

Feel free to add more achievements!
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Re: Scioly Achievement List

Post by ScienceOlympian »

Best Loser -.-
Get 2nd place in every event, and have your team win 2nd place at a competition <3
That happened to me at Regionals <3 4 events (Heredity, Experimental, Meteorology, Sounds) with 2nd place, along with my school winning 2nd.

Beyoncé Achievement~
***Flawless.
Last edited by ScienceOlympian on February 19th, 2015, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage
Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Post by Unome »

This is actually really interesting; now that I see it, I'm wondering why no one has thought of it before (more likely, I just missed it among the endless pages of General Chat).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Eggo

Post by Eggo »

Clutch Achievement - Pretty much what everyone does
Mega Clutch - Yup, still going YOLO like the majority of Scioly students
Useless Calculator Achievement - Asking a parent to run and get a calculator for an anatomy test that had one calculation that could be hand solved :(
Speedwrite - Forgetting to flip over a test, and noticing that you still have 25 questions and 10 mins.*** Got first place anyway :)
BSing Parasite - Write down bogus answer for 5 questions you have no clue about and still get them all right, and plus 1 for effort.
Ultra Guesstimation - Angling a wheeled vehicle without any protractors and still getting 8th.( which makes me wonder what the other teams were doing)

Wow... I probably missed a few, but will update eventually.
Anatomy, Disease Detectives, Circuit Lab, Mousetrap Vehicle
Medal Count: 51
Unome

Post by Unome »

Might as well:

Uncontested-Simple Machines at Friendship Christian; we beat our B team by ~20 points and they beat the 3rd place team by ~25.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
InfiniCuber
State: IN

Post by InfiniCuber »

I will love you if you read all of this :D I've done my fair share of these!
CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: GeoMaps, but got 6th :D
MEGA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Coach told me I had Game On as event as well (meaning I had now 6 events) on the bus ride to competition, AND got 1st xD
SPEEDBUILD ACHIEVEMENT: This wasn't my achievement, but one year, a team member built his tower on the (bumpy) BUS RIDE to state, and WON
EULER ACHIEVEMENT: Wasn't necessarily a calculation based test, but one Geo Maps test had TONS of calculations and stuff that a calculator would have helped on:P
ANCIENT EGYPT ACHIEVEMENT: Does this count for vehicle data sheets that I ALWAYS forget to print out? Probably not..
ULTRA MEGA HYPER DRIVE BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: I have NO idea how...but a few years ago at the Palatine invite...my car for gravity vehicle decided it wasn't going to work, and went down the ramp fine but only made it like 30 cm and stopped even though my brake was set to stop way later. So there were obvious deductions and such..but how...I got 1st...WHAT?!
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: again, geo maps lol
O2 ACHIEVEMENT: This one's always fun :D
HOST ACHIEVEMENT Tell me about it :roll:
UNCONTESTED ACHIEVEMENT: The year before we hadn't even placed as a team at state, but the next year we won state by 70 ish points, and then again the next year by about 100 points :D
RAGE ACHIEVEMENT: Regionals last year in WiDi :evil: :evil:
'MURICA ACHIEVEMENT: Yes! And the event I got 1st in the other 2 teams from my school got 2nd and 3rd :lol:
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: Happens every time we go to Northridge....
ANTI-AESTHETICS ACHIEVEMENT: Mousetrap Vehicle my 8th grade year, just sticks of balsa and cd wheels but won regionals! And I guess Gravity Vehicle at Palatine (see above) which was actually held by duct tape and we won lol... :P 8-)
Sorry for all the smilies lol!
Scioly isn't a club, or an organization. It is a lifestyle.
~Munster High School Science Olympiad Captain 2016~
mineturtle314
Division: B

Post by mineturtle314 »

CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT- Doesn't everybody??
MEGA -CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT- Cramming at 6 a.m. ftw!
SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT- I got so freaked out when our proctor gave us a 15 minute warning...
NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHIEVEMENT- If i don't know an answer common sense helps... my team calls it BSing
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT- I mean I did stuff for Can't Judge a Powder, but it wasn't very significant in our placing...
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT- Yeah I waited in front of a Dynamic Planet room and I thought that it was Meteorology. I was almost late for Meteorology...
BS ACHIEVEMENT- All the time sweetie, all the time...
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT- about a 20% success rate
Scripps Achievement- this happened to me last year... I spelled Water Quality "Water Quaity"
International Relations Achievement- I'm from Jeffrey Trail but I LOVE YOU LADERA VISTA!
(last 2 achievements taken from ceg7654 :D )
Last edited by mineturtle314 on February 20th, 2015, 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Green Generation, Invasive Species, Can't Judge a Powder, and Meteorology.
Its amazing what a "hello" can lead to.
XelnagaPo
State: UT

Post by XelnagaPo »

Happens way too much sadly

CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: If you never done this... you are lying.
MEGA-CLUTCH ACHIEVEMENT: Last year someone didn't show last second, and I got tossed into his event about an hour before the event started. Somehow managed to get 2nd place :D
SPEEDWRITE ACHIEVEMENT: Walked in with my partner with 20 minutes remaining on fermi question

FLYING SOLO ACHIEVEMENT
EULER ACHIEVEMENT
NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHIEVEMENT

BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: every fermi questions test I placed first in :D
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT
BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: Fermi

O2 ACHIEVEMENT
HOST ACHIEVEMENT
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT
STUDY EVENT PARASITISM ACHIEVEMENT

UNCONTESTED ACHIEVEMENT: I feel like fermi questions is the source of way too many achievements for me l0l
RAGE ACHIEVEMENT: FREAKING CHEMISTRY LAB THIS YEAR. WE SHOULDA BEEN FIRST.
CONSISTENCY ACHIEVEMENT: Fermi 1st 3 times in a row in the past few years. yee.
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT

POWER COUPLE AWARD: Once. And then twice mroe after we broke up l0l
Unome

Post by Unome »

Now that I have time to think about this:

HOST ACHIEVEMENT: It used to happen sometimes, but now I have very skilled partners.
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT: Disease Detectives at Chattahoochee earlier this year; I had been doing it for a week, my partner had done it last year for two-and-a-half months (and was amazing at it).
BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Chattahoochee last year in Simple Machines; we had no idea what to expect, but somehow we still won.
NEWTON-LEIBNIZ ACHEIVEMENT: :lol: All the time; especially Fossils (and we somehow won 1st at Dodgen Invite)
Userpage

ceg7654

Post by ceg7654 »

BEAT THE CURVE ACHIEVEMENT: Know that you did horribly in an event, but still medal, probably because no one else knew what they were doing either- This pretty much happens to me in every event because I never feel like I did well :lol:
MULTIPLE GUESS ACHIEVEMENT: Completely guess an answer for a multiple choice/matching question and be right- All the time
BLIND STAB ACHIEVEMENT: Completely make up a number or term to a free-response question and actually be right- ALL THE TIME
BS ACHIEVEMENT: Make up your own theory to a Short Essay question and get full points for the question- There was this tiebreaker for Ento once about the grasshopper and the ant story by Aesop, my partner and I BSed it and I think we got it right haha.
N2 ACHIEVEMENT: Win 3 events with the same partner- At an invitational, with a guy who had 3 of my 4 events.
PARASITE ACHIEVEMENT: Win an event as the completely useless partner- with my best friend for DP. I was the parasite, not her...
'MURICA ACHIEVEMENT: Win 3rd, 2nd, and 1st in same competition- Ladera Vista Invitational
UN-STREET SMART ACHIEVEMENT: Get lost on the way to competition/at competition site when trying to find your rooms- Regionals at UCI. Such a huge campus, so large that we had to get a parent to drive us to the Wheeled Vehicle and ELG rooms so we wouldn't be late.

My own original achievements- feel free to use these because *Sam Smith voice* I know I'm not the only one
EARLY BIRD ACHIEVEMENT: Be the first to finish, but place 1st. Happened to me for Ento.
SLAY ACHIEVEMENT:Place first in all your events. Happened to me last year at Regionals.
FREELOADER ACHIEVEMENT:Your team places in the top 3, but one or more of your events completely sucked, as in last or close to last. Hasn't happened to me yet thank god
SCRIPPS ACHIEVEMENT:Spell your name or your school's name wrong on a test or a box/bag with materials or building stuff from your school. Hasn't happened to me, but some other friends have done it :lol:
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS ACHIEVEMENT:Make friends with kids from another school or with the proctors. I love this one the most! -credit for the name goes to jadestar405, she's awesome!
2016 Events: Invasive Species, Fossils, Write It Do It

#TehEntoCult

Return to “General Chat”