Air Trajectory B/C

Type
Division: B
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Air Trajectory B/C

Post by Type »

One final question, for the graphs, does anyone have an example of what they are suppose to look like? Also, can you have either a table or a graph? or do you have to have both?
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by bernard »

Type wrote:One final question, for the graphs, does anyone have an example of what they are suppose to look like? Also, can you have either a table or a graph? or do you have to have both?
You need both data tables and graphs. I posted a template that you can use for your graphs. I've gotten full scores on graphs at all tournaments I've attended with this template.
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Type

Post by Type »

bernard wrote:
Type wrote:One final question, for the graphs, does anyone have an example of what they are suppose to look like? Also, can you have either a table or a graph? or do you have to have both?
You need both data tables and graphs. I posted a template that you can use for your graphs. I've gotten full scores on graphs at all tournaments I've attended with this template.
Thanks, I was able to finish my graphs :D . A little slow though, my competition is tomorrow, lets just hope I have enough data and they pick the easy distances...
Type

Post by Type »

So they picked easy distances, 3 and 6 meters. I got between 100 and 200 MM for all four shots but only got second. Probably would have done better if my partner agreed to do a bucket shot. The judge gave me a problem with the air pump but he caved and gave it to me, thanks everyone for the help and good luck to you guys.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

Type wrote:So they picked easy distances, 3 and 6 meters. I got between 100 and 200 MM for all four shots but only got second. Probably would have done better if my partner agreed to do a bucket shot. The judge gave me a problem with the air pump but he caved and gave it to me, thanks everyone for the help and good luck to you guys.
What was the issue with the air pump?
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there." – Steve Jobs
Type

Post by Type »

bernard wrote:
Type wrote:So they picked easy distances, 3 and 6 meters. I got between 100 and 200 MM for all four shots but only got second. Probably would have done better if my partner agreed to do a bucket shot. The judge gave me a problem with the air pump but he caved and gave it to me, thanks everyone for the help and good luck to you guys.
The air pump I was using was electrical. I used it to fill air into a kickball and a mass fell on that.
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

Type wrote:
bernard wrote:
The air pump I was using was electrical. I used it to fill air into a kickball and a mass fell on that.
What was the event supervisor's issue with that? I don't see any issues with it.
TheLeftEye
State: NY

Post by TheLeftEye »

Hey Bernard, do you mind if we use the templates for the graphs? Do you want us to just mimic what you have or can we actually use the excel file? It looks pretty awesome XD
Yay were going to Nats!!!

Regional, States, Nationals
Optics: -, 3, 9
Storm the Castle: 1, 14, 6 :) :)

Regional, States, Nationals

Keep the Heat: 4, 2, -
Optics: -, 14, -
Storm the Castle: 2, 10, -
bernard
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bernard »

TheLeftEye wrote:Hey Bernard, do you mind if we use the templates for the graphs? Do you want us to just mimic what you have or can we actually use the excel file? It looks pretty awesome XD
Go ahead and use them, that's why I posted them here :)
Sidaddybombdaddy7

Post by Sidaddybombdaddy7 »

I am having a different problem. The rules say, "All air device chambers must start launch at ambient air pressure and must automatically return to ambient pressure." We are using a red rubber "dodge ball" that begins at ambient pressure, gets deflated during launch, thus returning to ambient pressure - but not the original shape of the ball - meaning it does not "re-inflate." Is it expected to "re-inflate" to the original shape or if deflated ambient pressure ok and then we just blow into the tube to return into the original shape?

Return to “2015 Build Events”