State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2015 National Tournament: University of Nebraska

Post by sciolyboy123 »

Oh, I didn't know that.
2014-15 Season
(Hooch,Dodgen, Regionals, State, Nats)
Bio-Process Lab(3rd,5th,-,3rd,14th ;) )
Disease Detectives (1st,5th,1st,1st,10th 8-) )
Crave The Wave (2nd,-,-,-,-)
Experimental Design (-,1st, 4th,-,-)
Picture This (4th,6th, 1st, 4th,48th :oops: )
Simple Machines (1st,n/a, 1st, n/a)
patil215
Division: C
State: TX
Been thanked: 0

Post by patil215 »

Quick question about the national schedule - on the schedule, for engineering events it states "WALK IN MUST REPORT BY 2:00 PM". Does this mean that engineering events are not scheduled via ESUS, and teams simply show up during the day at some time? Therefore, is ESUS only for scheduling trial events?
boomvroomshroom
State: CA

Post by boomvroomshroom »

Not sure if this was answered already, but will the Forensics area allow USE of bunsen burners? (I say USE because I have been to competitions where the areas have gas jets, but burners were not provided for "safety issues"...apparently the administrators couldn't trust high school kids with open flames.)
Buckstops
Division: B

Post by Buckstops »

Has anyone ever attended a large tournament where self scheduling is not done in advance? For certain events won't teams all want to go late in the day? It seems like many events will end up running late or some teams won't be able to participate. We have never attended a tournament with no advance self scheduling and are concerned that we do not fully understand how it will work. Can anyone explain?
Buckstops
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."
"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you learn"
19sawickin
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by 19sawickin »

Buckstops wrote:Has anyone ever attended a large tournament where self scheduling is not done in advance? For certain events won't teams all want to go late in the day? It seems like many events will end up running late or some teams won't be able to participate. We have never attended a tournament with no advance self scheduling and are concerned that we do not fully understand how it will work. Can anyone explain?
It really isn't self scheduling for the study events because the schedule is already predetermined. For build events its a bit different because even tho everyone would love to go at the end of the dau people have conflicts and cannot do so
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

patil215 wrote:Quick question about the national schedule - on the schedule, for engineering events it states "WALK IN MUST REPORT BY 2:00 PM". Does this mean that engineering events are not scheduled via ESUS, and teams simply show up during the day at some time? Therefore, is ESUS only for scheduling trial events?
Yes. ESUS is ONLY for scheduling Trial Events.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
asdfqwerzzz2

Post by asdfqwerzzz2 »

Don't know where else to post this, but are the national medals any different than the state medals besides the inscribed text?
19sawickin
State: PA

Post by 19sawickin »

asdfqwerzzz2 wrote:Don't know where else to post this, but are the national medals any different than the state medals besides the inscribed text?
theyre bigger cause bigger is better...
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

19sawickin wrote:
asdfqwerzzz2 wrote:Don't know where else to post this, but are the national medals any different than the state medals besides the inscribed text?
They're definitely larger (and subsequently heavier).
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

Unome wrote:
19sawickin wrote:
They're definitely larger (and subsequently heavier).
It somewhat depends. I just took a pic of some from my personal collection, showing gold-silver-bronze for both State and Nationals of the 'old style' (see attached below). All of those are exactly 63 mm in diameter. I also took a picture of the 'new style' that replaced the old style several years ago (see below). Those are 68 mm in diameter. I don't have any new style state ones to compare them to though.
Attachments
20150430_200818.jpg
20150430_195737.jpg

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair

Return to “2015 Nationals”