Meetup

Unome
Division: Grad
State: GA

Re: Meetup

Post by Unome »

Why don't we just meet during the Swap Meet? We could just locate an area of the Track area to meet.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
fozendog
State: WA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by fozendog »

Unome wrote:Why don't we just meet during the Swap Meet? We could just locate an area of the Track area to meet.
Swap Meet is a good idea, cause both divisions go to that :D
Stanford '19
Camas Science Olympiad Alumnus
Events: Protein Modeling, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality
Jaol

Post by Jaol »

Good idea. We could find an area and also maybe wear something pre-planned. If I'm going to wear something it's gonna be either a fez that I got from Turkey or a bear cap that I got recently.
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B

Post by rfscoach »

Jaol wrote:Good idea. We could find an area and also maybe wear something pre-planned. If I'm going to wear something it's gonna be either a fez that I got from Turkey or a bear cap that I got recently.
You, Jaol, will be wearing a Zombie hat as will Unome.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
rfscoach
Coach
Coach

Post by rfscoach »

All teams staying in the dorms will be eating most of their meals in the Abel/Sandoz dining hall. That will give you more opportunities to meet. Which teams here are staying in the dorms?

Georgia Teams Fulton Science and Dodgen will both be in the dorms.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
sciolyboy123
State: AL

Post by sciolyboy123 »

Auburn is also staying in the dorms, so we will see guys probably.
2014-15 Season
(Hooch,Dodgen, Regionals, State, Nats)
Bio-Process Lab(3rd,5th,-,3rd,14th ;) )
Disease Detectives (1st,5th,1st,1st,10th 8-) )
Crave The Wave (2nd,-,-,-,-)
Experimental Design (-,1st, 4th,-,-)
Picture This (4th,6th, 1st, 4th,48th :oops: )
Simple Machines (1st,n/a, 1st, n/a)
aditi
State: PA

Post by aditi »

sciolyboy123 wrote:Auburn is also staying in the dorms, so we will see guys probably.
Both PA teams (Springhouse and Shady Side) are staying in hotels.

Wait...I'm confused. Is the banquet only to people staying in dorms? Additionally when will the SwapMeet be? I suppose we can meet during the Meet but it'd have to be in a place sort of secluded from the clutter :lol:

Does anyone have a general idea of when the Meet starts/ends?
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

Code: Select all

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]
aditi

Post by aditi »

Jaol wrote:We have a 45 minute gap between the competition and B team banquet. So assuming we get dressed in 15 minutes at the least we'll have only 30 minutes for a meet-up. Or 30 minutes dressed and 15 minutes meet. :cry: :cry:
That's kind of ridiculous! Especially when grading National level papers, it's going to be so difficult to finish on time! Idk, everything's all messed up this year.
A) Div C isn't with us
B) point A means that there won't be that many people, kind of making it like the state competition and
C) It's not late at night, it's in the afternoon, which is like...no

I wonder if it'll be like UCF because UCF was just ridiculously amazing.
It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer... ;)
Scientists say that the world is made of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons. :lol:

[list][list=][*][img][url][album][best=][profile][rules][score][test][userpage][wiki]strange[/wiki][/userpage][/test][/score][/rules][/profile][/best][/album][/url][/img][/list][/list]
aditi

Post by aditi »

Just like RoboRon did for the Frisbee Tourney, we should make some sort of google questionnaire/survey-thing for anyone who wants to meet at the national competition...It'll be simple like just your name/school/division/email?

And you won't need to fill everything out but that'll give a rough estimate on who is actually coming and whether we can have enough people to not be awkward. :lol:

If there are enough people, we might have to arrange for refreshments as well just like soda and chips but you know...maybe I'm taking this wayyy too far. :lol:

sciolyboy123
State: AL

Post by sciolyboy123 »

I would definitely like to do any of this meetup stuff. Meeting you guys at nats this year would be pretty cool.

I'm personally free after lunch because i have Disease Detectives, and then Bio-Process Lab and PT all before lunch.

Maybe we could arrange something, maybe in the dorms, or the Abel Hall place where we eat our meals.
2014-15 Season
(Hooch,Dodgen, Regionals, State, Nats)
Bio-Process Lab(3rd,5th,-,3rd,14th ;) )
Disease Detectives (1st,5th,1st,1st,10th 8-) )
Crave The Wave (2nd,-,-,-,-)
Experimental Design (-,1st, 4th,-,-)
Picture This (4th,6th, 1st, 4th,48th :oops: )
Simple Machines (1st,n/a, 1st, n/a)

Return to “2015 Nationals”