Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Locked
User avatar
chinesesushi
Member
Member
Posts: 258
Joined: September 17th, 2013, 4:57 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by chinesesushi » April 28th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Crazy Puny Man wrote:
chinesesushi wrote:Columbia (NY)
- Beating out Fayetteville-Manlius at NY states
While this is true, I think Fayetteville will rebound; they lost by a narrow margin to Columbia, and a lot of their points came from tech devices that (at least I think so) appeared to have gone haywire the day of the tournament.

EDIT: also, it seems you have overlooked your own team in that list... :P
well, i hope you can understand that 1) the NY states is the only method I have of judging, and it seems like Columbia is doing fairly well, and I didn't really look to deeply into the results :P 2) who's to say everyone's devices will go haywire at nationals :D

...my own team?
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.

Crazy Puny Man
Member
Member
Posts: 265
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 6:25 pm
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by Crazy Puny Man » April 29th, 2015, 6:13 am

chinesesushi wrote:
Crazy Puny Man wrote:
chinesesushi wrote:Columbia (NY)
- Beating out Fayetteville-Manlius at NY states
While this is true, I think Fayetteville will rebound; they lost by a narrow margin to Columbia, and a lot of their points came from tech devices that (at least I think so) appeared to have gone haywire the day of the tournament.

EDIT: also, it seems you have overlooked your own team in that list... :P
well, i hope you can understand that 1) the NY states is the only method I have of judging, and it seems like Columbia is doing fairly well, and I didn't really look to deeply into the results :P 2) who's to say everyone's devices will go haywire at nationals :D

...my own team?
No worries, it just seems like Fayetteville really does their best to pick things up at state and nationals...at least, that's what their pattern appears to be, I think.

Well, you can't really create an accurate top 10 without including Troy in that list :P

schist99centz
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: March 25th, 2014, 11:38 am
Division: C
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by schist99centz » April 29th, 2015, 7:09 am

1. Mounds View
2. Harriton
3. Troy
4. LASA
5. Mira Loma
6. Seven Lakes
7. Centerville
8. Munster
9. Northville/Grand Haven
10. Bayard Rustin/WWPN/Adlai/Mentor/Columbia/Fayetteville
No exact clue for 10th Place

User avatar
chinesesushi
Member
Member
Posts: 258
Joined: September 17th, 2013, 4:57 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by chinesesushi » April 29th, 2015, 11:56 am

Crazy Puny Man wrote:Well, you can't really create an accurate top 10 without including Troy in that list :P
pigeon, just realized I deleted Troy from the list...
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.

User avatar
InfiniCuber
Member
Member
Posts: 171
Joined: October 20th, 2012, 6:15 am
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by InfiniCuber » April 30th, 2015, 11:39 am

chinesesushi wrote: butterfly, just realized I deleted Troy from the list...
Just add it lol
Without Troy on a top ten list I lose all hope for anything haha..
Scioly isn't a club, or an organization. It is a lifestyle.
~Munster High School Science Olympiad Captain 2016~

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4254
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by Unome » April 30th, 2015, 2:41 pm

InfiniCuber wrote:
chinesesushi wrote: butterfly, just realized I deleted Troy from the list...
Just add it lol
Without Troy on a top ten list I lose all hope for anything haha..
*cough* JC Booth
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
chinesesushi
Member
Member
Posts: 258
Joined: September 17th, 2013, 4:57 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by chinesesushi » April 30th, 2015, 9:24 pm

Unome wrote:
InfiniCuber wrote:
chinesesushi wrote: butterfly, just realized I deleted Troy from the list...
Just add it lol
Without Troy on a top ten list I lose all hope for anything haha..
*cough* JC Booth
i'll be a lot of people were surprised that year LOL
idk troy's never been out of top 5 since its start in 1994, except in 1995 when it didn't make nats :'(

...yet
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.
You should only create problems, that only you know solutions to.

Crazy Puny Man
Member
Member
Posts: 265
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 6:25 pm
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by Crazy Puny Man » May 3rd, 2015, 6:46 pm

My updated predictions, in no particular order. As always, feel free to disagree! :)

Troy (CA)
Mira Loma (CA)
Mounds View (MN)
Seven Lakes (TX)
LASA (TX)
Centerville (OH)
Harriton (PA)
Munster (IN)
Fayetteville-Manlius (NY)
Northville (MI) - I've had a sneaking suspicion of their upward trend as they had an outstanding showing at Wright State, and their victory in Michigan seems to confirm it.

Honorable mentions: Grand Haven (MI), Stevenson (IL), Columbia (NY)

gunked
Member
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: March 8th, 2015, 9:07 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by gunked » May 14th, 2015, 9:25 pm

Calling F-M (division C) and Eagle Hill (division B) in the top 6.

User avatar
bernard
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2139
Joined: January 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: Seattle, WA
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 225 times
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Rankings: Div. C

Post by bernard » May 14th, 2015, 9:29 pm

All of you have great predictions! Why not participate in the Prediction Contest? Contest closes Friday, May 15, 2015, 12:00 pm PST (03:00 pm ET)!
"One of the ways that I believe people express their appreciation to the rest of humanity is to make something wonderful and put it out there."

Locked

Return to “2015 Nationals”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest