Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by syo_astro »

Make it super fancy and do it in LaTeX ;). No, but google docs, word, etc you can do it in anything as long as you can work with it, format it, and make it well. I personally like word better than google docs, but LaTeX is...fancier (and more difficult to work with?). BUT. Please pay attention to the instructions, convert it to a PDF beforehand preferably if possible (it will help A LOT if you can because then we won't have to resave and possibly mess with your beauty).
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Post by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F »

syo_astro wrote:Make it super fancy and do it in LaTeX ;). No, but google docs, word, etc you can do it in anything as long as you can work with it, format it, and make it well. BUT. Please pay attention to the instructions, convert it to a PDF beforehand preferably if possible (it will help A LOT if you can because then we won't have to resave and possibly mess with your beauty).
If you need to, use this: https://www.freepdfconvert.com/ You can convert to PDF every 5 minutes (or is it 10 minutes?).
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F wrote:
syo_astro wrote:Make it super fancy and do it in LaTeX ;). No, but google docs, word, etc you can do it in anything as long as you can work with it, format it, and make it well. BUT. Please pay attention to the instructions, convert it to a PDF beforehand preferably if possible (it will help A LOT if you can because then we won't have to resave and possibly mess with your beauty).
If you need to, use this: https://www.freepdfconvert.com/ You can convert to PDF every 5 minutes (or is it 10 minutes?).
It's not that, it's just I don't want to (or have someone else have to) have to resave like 10-20 PDFs randomly. It'd just make things way more convenient, so please don't try to cut around it...
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

DoctaDave wrote:For div. C, the document says El/Bridge building. Does this mean we can either submit stuff for bridge building or elevated bridges?
Dislike double posting, but exception. The person reviewing bridges for SSSS said he wants to see elevated bridges, I will edit the doc appropriately to reflect this.
jkang
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jkang »

Just a helpful hint: for converting files to PDFs, use ctrl/cmd+P and save the file as a PDF through the print dialog. In past experiences, downloading Google docs as PDFs or using online converters has sometimes ruined my formatting, and this method just saves so much time and effort.
UT Austin '19
Liberal Arts and Science Academy '15
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

Time to make notes. 7,500 words to go...
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.
Panda Weasley
Division: C

Post by Panda Weasley »

Can we only submit things after June 1st, or can we submit things sooner?
DFTBA!
Events 2019: Forensics and Fossils
Proud member of Teh Ento Cult.
:ugeek:
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

Panda Weasley wrote:Can we only submit things after June 1st, or can we submit things sooner?
If you submit things earlier, we will not be able to accept it, so we would prefer that you please NOT send it before then. We are working on logistical stuff basically, and at least I know I'll be a bit busy until June 1st for reviewing materials sent in anyway. Please just remember whenever you do send it in READ FOREVER'S POST AT THE START OF THIS THREAD. It contains various details important to test-making, note-making, and sending in the stuff (eg. file format, etc). We would like to make the process of accepting materials quick, and if you read that post, then it should be.
vennowsah
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Post by vennowsah »

This is the third year that I will be participating in SSSS, and I can't wait to get started! This program has really benefited me in prepping for my events and becoming familiar with the various concepts early on. Great way to learn how to make good practice tests too!
MLKHS '18
MIT '22

Expectations low, hopes high
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

vennowsah wrote:This is the third year that I will be participating in SSSS, and I can't wait to get started! This program has really benefited me in prepping for my events and becoming familiar with the various concepts early on. Great way to learn how to make good practice tests too!
This is my third year with forever + mnstr, and I am (we are?) very happy for the excitement :). Of course, I agree about the usefulness, heh. Looking forward to reading (and throwing piles of advice at muahahah) the submissions.

Return to “SSSS & SEC”